Initial D Psp

biglime

To be fair, I found Initial D to be an absolutely cracking experience in the arcades, but a little less so at home on PS2. Partly because the pumping music had to be toned down to inaudible levels in the home version due to licensing restrictions, but also the lack of the cabinet, playcard system, and competitive arcade atmosphere too. All in all, I prefer the sweet home version of the (arguably) more real handling and hardcore Battle Gear 2 (2, not 3) on PS2 despite BG2's shitty graphics.

But I have high hopes for Initial D on PSP, and will definitely be getting it no questions asked. The PSP is pick up and play in short bursts just like an arcade, and link-up multiplayer will be a breeze. And Initial D's simple controls will probably work better on the PSP than something trickier like Battle Gear 2 would anyway. Hopefully the music licensing issue will be sorted out, and we'll be pocket drifting all night long...

Why, did I say so?

ROLLEYES

Well this:

I would, but I have to warn potential punters from falling for forum-hype and buying this as they expect it to be The Best Thing Ever™, which it clearly isn't IMO.

says "Ignore everyone who is real excited about this game, and who love the existing versions. It is rubbish so ignore them and listen to me".

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve played both the arcade and ps2 versions and while I really enjoyed the arcade version and PS2 version with the Force feedback wheel, I found the PS2 version with the pad to be aweful. The pad wasn`t to bad with the easier tracks, but was useless on the more harder tracks. So if the PSP version is to be any good they will have to make big changes to the handling with the pad imo.

It is a bit average - the tracks are very bland.

I didn't enjoy it much at all.

you have got to be shitting me, have you even played initial d, what you saw there was the easy course, its shit, but its there to get you use to the game

the later course are harder and you need full attention to win at them

I`ve played both the arcade and ps2 versions and while I really enjoyed the arcade version and PS2 version with the Force feedback wheel, I found the PS2 version with the pad to be aweful.  The pad wasn`t to bad with the easier tracks, but was useless on the more harder tracks.  So if the PSP version is to be any good they will have to make big changes to the handling with the pad imo.

playing it with the pad is tough, but i have completed it twice and going for a thrid with the 86, just one more race agaisnt Tak to unlock the extra tracks again

have you been doing manual, because i think thats the only way you can beat the game

playing it with the pad is tough,  but i have completed it twice and going for a thrid with the 86, just on more race with Tak to unlock the extra tracks again

have you been doing manual, because i think thats the only way you can beat the game

Manual all the way for me as auto aint great on this game. Even though I played with a FF wheel most of the time, I did try the ps2 pad a few times and just thought the handling could of been implemented alot better than it had been.