IGNORED

Fighting Games

Zero

To be fair I think it's more of an Ignition problem than an SNK Playmore issue. I'm pissed off about the '02 '03 split but I guess they have to make their money somehow.

Especially considering how much cash they obviously wasted on Maximum Impact. I can think of many games that deserve a slip case, full colour bound instruction book and bonus dvd but Maximum Impact ain't one.

Indeed I would love to play these on live.

In fact I am not to shabby on a good few

:)

Edit: What is everyones opinion on those 15th anniversary Street Fighter pads? Is the d pad any good?

No idea, but FWIW I was in a Makro wholesaler store at the weekend, and they had piles of those joypads, both the Ken and Chun-Li designs, for 12.99 each. Was almost tempted to buy one. :(

Zero 2 as well.  Owned the SNES version and though it was one of the final releases, I'd imagine I played it more than any other game on the machine.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of Alpha 2 for the Super NES too. It was graphically weak though,even when compared to the other SF games on the machine. Still, didn't stop me playing constantly during my GCSE revision period. B)

BTW can anyone recommend a decent PS2 game from the SF canon? I've got Marvel vs Capcom 2 which I kinda enjoy, but I'd prefer something a bit more traditional.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of Alpha 2 for the Super NES too. It was graphically weak though,even when compared to the other SF games on the machine. Still, didn't stop me playing constantly during my GCSE revision period.  B)

BTW can anyone recommend a decent PS2 game from the SF canon?  I've got Marvel vs Capcom 2 which I kinda enjoy, but I'd prefer something a bit more traditional.

Cap vs Snk 2 - cheap now and fantastic.

Street Fighter Collection Vol 1 - PS1 - SSF2T & Alpha 2 Dash (RARE!!!!) & something else?

Alpha 3 - PS1 - worst version but still a great game.

It hurts me to read that people actually prefer stuff like DarkStalkers and DOA over Guilty Gear.

:)

Oh man! How can you lump Darkstalkers in with the despised DOA?

And 3rd Strike is out for the PS2, which is about as SF cannon as you can get! Not out in this country though...

BTW can anyone recommend a decent PS2 game from the SF canon?  I've got Marvel vs Capcom 2 which I kinda enjoy, but I'd prefer something a bit more traditional.

Ditto what D.C. said, SNK VS Capcom 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (for PS1) are your best bets.

I recommend that you pick up King of Fighters 2000/2001 pack for your PS2 also as they are fucking superb, especially for the dirt cheap price. Try ebay if you cant find it anywhere else.

Ditto what D.C. said, SNK VS Capcom 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (for PS1) are your best bets.

I recommend that you pick up King of Fighters 2000/2001 pack for your PS2 also as they are fucking superb, especially for the dirt cheap price. Try ebay if you cant find it anywhere else.

How different is KoF 2000/2001 from KoF 2002? I got the latter in the post today, and am not totally thrilled by it. Perhaps I'm not familar enough with the KoF characters, or something (did kinda enjoy the NGPC version, mind).

No idea, but FWIW I was in a Makro wholesaler store at the weekend, and they had piles of those joypads, both the Ken and Chun-Li designs, for 12.99 each.  Was almost tempted to buy one.  :o

Well I bought the Gouki version for use through a magic-box adaptor for my xbox and it was a shit, unresponsive turd but pretty.

My uncle used it on his PS2 and again, a shit, uinresponsive turd of a pad.

It's to look nice on your shelf and nowt more unfortunately.

I use a regular saturn pad through the same convertor and it's wuvverly. I also here the Sega Saturn Anniversary pads for PS2 work well as well.

Id say Samurai Showdown 2 on Neo Geo CD. - I love weapons based fighting and this has beutiful graphics and the best music (imo) of any fighting game.

Next, I would have to go with Last Blade 1 or 2, Again, another weapon based fighter, but this one has a somewhat refined feel to it.

Thirdly, Capcom V's SNK Pro on Dreamcast. Got to love all those characters and the amazing presentation and music, superb.

Thats my top 3 anyway.

How different is KoF 2000/2001 from KoF 2002? I got the latter in the post today, and am not totally thrilled by it.  Perhaps I'm not familar enough with the KoF characters, or something (did kinda enjoy the NGPC version, mind).

Sorry I havent played KOF 2002 so I cant comment on the differences, but seeing as 2000 and 2001 are very similar I cant see either of them being hugely different to 2002.

Still, for the price it might still be worth you picking it up, or you could always use games 10 day policy.

Edit: Which version of 2002 did you get?

Edit 2: Factory sealed KOF 2000/2001 for PS2 on ebay for £10.50 inc postage, bargain.Link

PS2 (PAL).

Is that out already? I thought it was delayed til October?

DVD packed full of neo geo rom's and an emu came off ebay today (4 quid) and I've just been playing Garou (brilliant stuff it is), KOF 94-99 and The Last Blade, all lovely stuff.

All I need now is my PS2 USB connector thingy for my pc and a Neo Geo pad2 for PS off play-asia and I'mm sorted.

Christ, is there any fighting game which does not have a cheap cunt of a last boss. Just been playing KOF Max Impact and reached Duke in the story mode. Infinite level 3 super bar and just constantly spams special moves. They cover huge areas of the arena so they are hard to avoid, he can bust them out at any time, he's invincible when hes charging them up and each take 3/4 of your life off. Dirty, dirty bastard.

Wouldnt have bothered me so much if the rest of the game was hard but every other fight has been a walkover up until the boss fight.

Christ, is there any fighting game which does not have a cheap cunt of a last boss. Just been playing KOF Max Impact and reached Duke in the story mode. Infinite level 3 super bar and just constantly spams special moves. They cover huge areas of the arena so they are hard to avoid, he can bust them out at any time, he's invincible when hes charging them up and each take 3/4 of your life off. Dirty, dirty bastard.

Wouldnt have bothered me so much if the rest of the game was hard but every other fight has been a walkover up until the boss fight.

Duke isn't so bad once you get used to him. He's annoying but not down right fucking bastard AAAARRGHH like Jinpachi. if anything he teaches you some of the how you should play the game. Fuck ups will cost you dear as you can get juggled easily/hit while floored Avoid the walls at all costs, wait for an opening, get damage in quickly rather than jabbing them down.

Duke's pish easy if you block his initial attacks. Block his combo and you always get an opening for a follow up.