Freedom Fighters

Roboplegic Wrongcock

Don't. It COULD've been an ace game, but the controls ruined everything. I liked the first two levels, and by then I knew this game could rocksorz my cocksorz, but the controls just were too shite for me to actually enjoy the game.

IMO, of course.

But there's so much love for it.

Besides, I make a lot of money now. :(

I'll give it a spin.

Don't. It COULD've been an ace game, but the controls ruined everything. I liked the first two levels, and by then I knew this game could rocksorz my cocksorz, but the controls just were too shite for me to actually enjoy the game.

IMO, of course.

i seem to recall reading that, oddly enough, the gamecube version had the best controls.

anyway i'll go back to this - as i said before, i got to a certain point which i found impossibly difficult. i think i must have done something wrong beforehand

IMO, of course.

If that's how you feel get the PC version. Standard Mouse&Keyboard layout, right click zooms in for manual aim, it works lovely.

That and it will work on a machine with a hamster in a wheel for a processor, and still look gorgeous while running smoothly.

Get the gamecube version if you dont have a chipped xbox. the controls really are horrendous on xbox. If you DO have a chipped xbox however, then you can modify the .ini file to have the controls however you wannem. Theres a guide on Gamefaqs about the best way to set it up.

This was an excellent game, I too wasn't keen on the sewer bit but other than that it was brilliant. It allowed for tactics and some amount of thinking without forcing it on you too much, and without furthering the confusion with over complex squad stuff.

It's interesting you guys all seem to hate the Xbox controls, none of my mates got into it when they had a multi spin at my house because they couldn't control it even at any basic level. Plus they didn't get the idea with the flags and so on, because they're thick as two short planks. Myself though, I had no problems at all with the controls, took awhile to get to grips with, but no worse than any other action game I've played.

AGREED AGREED AGREED.

One of the best games of this gen.

Fucking amazing.

It's a lot of fun, but certainly not one of the best this gen. It's borked to hell...but you just can't help loving it. It's kind of like the Judge Dredd game in that regard.

Joining the thread a little late. But I must concur this is a top fun game.

Even the PS2 version is half decent.

I like most of the games this forum recommends.

Especially stuff like Metal Arms, Frequency, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Flip Nic & Killer 7. But most of this stuff gets good reviews in Edge anyway.

Again, a bit late to chip in, but this was a really really funny game. Grab your squad of gung ho warriors, grab a gun and get stuck in. The squad system was really easy and you could be in the thick of it as much as you wanted. Definitely worth some serious play, especially if it's as cheap as people have said ;) .

Get the gamecube version if you dont have a chipped xbox. the controls really are horrendous on xbox. If you DO have a chipped xbox however, then you can modify the .ini file to have the controls however you wannem. Theres a guide on Gamefaqs about the best way to set it up.

Well, I just had a look at this. Opened the .ini file and couldn't find anything about controls apart from one line saying use controller. So I looked on Gamefaqs and there's nothing on there, either.

Are you making this up?

// Copy protection string

// xa37dd45ffe100bfffcc9753aabac325f07cb3fa231144fe2e33ae4783feead2b8a73ff021fac326df0ef9753ab9cdf6573ddff0312fab0b0ff39779eaff312x

StartUpperPos 0,0

Resolution 640x480

ColorDepth 32

DisablePolyLimit

ProjectPath=D:\

ConfigFile=FFXBoxGamepad.cfg

UseGameController

EnableConsole

MusicVolume 90

SoundEffectsVolume 90

SpeechVolume 90

EnableControllerDebugKeys

ListenerMode 3

DefaultScene=FF-Intro.gms

BuildVersion=XBox_EnglishUK

BuildNo=030902_1

BuildDate=030902

That's exactly what it says in the .ini file.

Try looking in the FFXBoxGampad.cfg mentioned there (if it exists) Squirtle.

edit: accidentally hit the add reply :(

I've just ordered a copy of this from someone on ebay (for £2.50, no less). I remember playing it over a mates at uni a fair bit, and being quite impressed with it. Always meant to get around to picking up a copy actually. Glad this forum has a habit of bigging up the unknowns :)