Curb Your Enthusiasm

So I'm watching the 3rd series on OnDemand and the first three episodes were amazing but 4 & 5 disappointed me somewhat. I've loved all of Series 1 & 2 but this is the first time I've gone without laughing out loud during an episode. I was inebriated so will give them another try but was wondering if this happens more as the series progress?

Four is the only season I didn't like at all. I emailed Larry David to express my displeasure. Seems he kicked it up a notch.

Is that the Producers season? It was stupid, but still funny. Larry's voicemail message to David Schwimmer's dad is probably my favourite Curb moment of any season.

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know) LD has signed up for at least another two seasons. Based on the last season and the genius that was Leon "this is how we do's it, Larry ! this is how we do's it", I think that's a very good thing.

Just watched last week's episode last night, wasn't so good I thought. You could tell Coogan was going to get caught instantly and although the situation spun further and further out of control after that, it just didn't make me laugh out loud like previous seasons have. The only bit that made me laugh was when Funkhauser was talking about the guy with alzthimers (nice spelling) "He screams at the cat because it didn't vote. Every time he farts, he calls the fire brigade" :)

Surprised to see everyone enjoying Leon, he seems like a big stereotype to me. Unless the last episode changes him drastically he's a bit too one dimensional for me, especially in a show like CYE. I haven't really enjoyed this season much, the one about the ratdog was probably the best, it doesn't seem to have had the same work put into it. I'm not sure if it's true or not but it just seems like it's had less improvisation and more concrete scripts or something, there's a certain spark that's just not there any more.

That last one was great. Apart from one or so duff episodes this season has been great.

It was great when Jeff's wife was laying into Larry and out popped whatever her name is. I boo when Sheryl comes on screen. I thought the last bit of the last one was going to turn out to be a dream though.

Oh man, that was amazing. It felt pretty aimless and low key for most of the episode but what an unexpected payoff. I thought he was daydreaming during the last bit too, especially when he was doing the "Black family at cinema" thing. Proper LOLZ.

• 1 year later...

I don't think it is. I think I read somewhere they were using full HD cameras for this season for the first time so you'd assume it will be in HD and 16:9.

Edit: Yes, it is. It was in an interview with Larry David in Esquire magazine.