IGNORED

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thread Owner

11 minutes ago, three1ne said:

I felt a massive dip around the season which ended with Michael J Fox but I'm unsure if it was because I'd been watching them back to back. 

Curb has had peaks and troughs, but it’s more episode to episode than across seasons. None of them are bad, but some are much better than others.

The first episode of season 7 wasn’t good, but overall it was a fantastic season: the ‘Denise Handicapped’ episode in particular, Danny Duberstein was incredible, and the Michael J Fox episode has one of the greatest Curb endings of all time.

EDIT: I’m merging season 7 and 8 into one :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

If next year's season is based off quarantine season, and the politics of it, it could be absolutely incredible.

Larry nitpicking over what constitutes essential travel, calling people out, being an at-risk group and milking the sympathy. Amazing.

"Hey! HEY! It's supposed to be 6 feet! Wait... what you got there? An avocado? An avocado's ESSENTIAL to you, is it?"

This series has been great, not the greatest Curb ever, but still the funniest thing on tv.

In the last episode Leon's delivery of a name that had me nearly falling off my chair with painful laughter :D

horsecock williams

On 04/04/2020 at 11:24, schmojo said:

If next year's season is based off quarantine season, and the politics of it, it could be absolutely incredible.

Larry nitpicking over what constitutes essential travel, calling people out, being an at-risk group and milking the sympathy. Amazing.

"Hey! HEY! It's supposed to be 6 feet! Wait... what you got there? An avocado? An avocado's ESSENTIAL to you, is it?"

One episode would either involve Larry claiming to be socially distancing to avoid meeting someone he does not like, or getting irate because Ted Danson used social distancing as an excuse to avoid Larry before going for dinner at Jeff's.

"You know what you are, Ted? You're a deceitful distancer."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/07/2020 at 10:55, Harsin said:

The most unrealistic thing in the series is still trying to present Richard Lewis as a ladies man when he now looks like the Crypt Keeper.

'I could have had a child with her Larry'

'But you're a hundred and forty years old'

:lol: 

Jeff looking like Harvey Weinstein was funny AF

50 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

New season starts 24th October. 

Last season was prettyyyyyyyyyyyy prettyyyyyyyyyyyy good so looking forward to this. 

😱

Well this came out of nowhere. Would love to see Larry dealing with the pandemic, even just for one episode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ehh, not the best this week. Basically if an AI wrote a Curb episode it would probably be something like this. The waiting room/medical professional thing again, and a few too many extreme coincidences to be up there with the best of them. Not a great conclusion either.

Still lots of laughs, it’s just Curb has a particularly high benchmark.

Interesting that he’s been binned off by Netflix so early though, I thought they’d stretch that one out.