Boot Fairs 3/4 Sep

DJ_Mike

Very crappy morning at my local - SFA to be had except for a sealed (proper sealed, not simply re-sealed) Fantavision PS2 for £3 and a Metal Gear Solid 1 strategy guide for 50p. There was quite a lot of current gen console stuff around but it was almost all tripe.

The sooner I learn to drive the sooner I can cart myself over to the more expansive boot fairs :)

M;.

I went to 4 this morning, 2 very large and 2 smaller and much like you got SFA, don't pin your hopes on the bigger sales, most of the time there really is very little to be had. I got FFVIII for a quid and an excellent 1964 Action Man for £2 and that was it, looking at the other buyers doesn't look like i missed much either, I reckon it's nearly over for this year.

Very crappy morning at my local - SFA to be had except for a sealed (proper sealed, not simply re-sealed) Fantavision PS2 for £3 and a Metal Gear Solid 1 strategy guide for 50p. There was quite a lot of current gen console stuff around but it was almost all tripe.

The sooner I learn to drive the sooner I can cart myself over to the more expansive boot fairs :)

M;.

If you want to sell that strategy guide for Metal Gear I will have it :ph34r:

It must be the weekend for strategy guides. Picked up 5 Mario Double Dash, Time Spliters 2, Resident Evil, Zelda Wind ... All 50p each brought lot for £2.

These were under a pile of other books, saw the word Capcom.. and grabbed them, as this car boot has so many "buyers". Strategy guides are harder to find than games ?

I see the buyers picking up books, records and VHS videos !! now. I wonder where they get rid of them, especially the videos.

Yes it does go beyond belief that people still bother buying VHS in this day and age - we're already way past the point of DVD outselling VHS, and from an industry standpoint I expect they'll kill support for it completely in the next year or two.

It's already starting to happen - Revenge of the Sith is being released DVD-only this coming November (ironic when you consider The Phantom Menace was a VHS-only release back in 2000 - ahhh, how times have changed).

M;.

Hi All

Today I was proper pissed off.

Last week I was stuck on the motorway for 2 hours. Today my hay fever was so bad, that I only managed 1 boot sale, and left early after 90 minutes because I was feeling awful :)

I will of course post pix later for the few bits I did find. Don't worry no Multi-Mega this week :ph34r:

Regards

PS I buy VHS because I like to watch the film once, then throw it away.

It was a bit slow at mine today. An MD bundle that the guy wanted £25 for and a kid who wanted £20 for donkey konga with bongos.

Eventually found a MD/MS pack, ~20 games, that the guy wanted £2 a game for. I told him I was only able to offer £10 and obviously he was asking a lot more. He did the usual "these are valuable now". I told him that there was nothing really special there and then he goes give me £12 for the lot. I declined and said he'd get more individually then he goes "OK £10". Fine. Loads on random cables in the box aswell.

Then went back to the guy who wanted £25, offered him £10 and he accepted. On my way out I used my last £2.10 to buy front mission 3.

dscf00425eg.jpg

Picked up Chemical brothers live at the social volume 1 for £1 which I was going to give away on here as I've allready got it and it's ace. I say was as I've just checked ebay and the last one went for £10. :)

The Megadrive owners are now worse than the Amiga owners as far as I can see, for over-priced hardware & games...

I think both of the guys I bought from realised that absolutely no-one was interested apart from me and they really didn't want to go home with them.

I'm quite happy though. 33 games, 2 consoles, a six button pad and a few controllers for £20.

One of the MDs is a custom paint job that's actually really well done. Not the usual crap, quite nice.

The Megadrive owners are now worse than the Amiga owners as far as I can see, for over-priced hardware & games...

They can never be worse.

I'm off to a flea market in 10 minutes (it's 6.30 over here) and then a thrift shop.

maybe a few finds later on from me then.

Theres little psone stuff in the shops over here in the us, last year was excellent, this year is a bit of a minger..................

Theres little psone stuff in the shops over here in the us, last year was excellent, this year is a bit of a minger..................

And even less DC stuff if you notice. The only store around me selling Dreamcast games/hardware is a little indie s/h gaming shop that focuses on MTG type stuff. Sigh.

About 12-18 months ago PS1 was at it's collecting peak. I was picking about great rare games off the high street every week. Every trip into game I'd come out with 3 great collectable games for £10 - £15. Even the likes of suikoden II, star ocean, tombi etc.

In the last 6 months I've seen very little of interest and bought even less. What is on the high street now is overpriced or fifa.

At the time I thought I was going over the top buying about 5 ps1 games a week. Now I'm glad I did.

Pretty rubbish for me today too. One guy was selling a boxed megadrive for a tenner or twenty quid with four games, which I thought was a bit much and I couldn't be bothered to haggle with him. Then pretty much the last stall had a Megadrive II with 2 pads and Sonic (unboxed) for £2, so I had that.

Got home though and realised the console is missing the cover on the side that covers up some red thing that says "do not remove" god knows what it is. Has anyone got a spare one of these covers knocking about?!

Pretty rubbish for me today too. One guy was selling a boxed megadrive for a tenner or twenty quid with four games, which I thought was a bit much and I couldn't be bothered to haggle with him. Then pretty much the last stall had a Megadrive II with 2 pads and Sonic (unboxed) for £2, so I had that.

Got home though and realised the console is missing the cover on the side that covers up some red thing that says "do not remove" god knows what it is. Has anyone got a spare one of these covers knocking about?!

About half the md I have have that missing, don't worry about it.

They'll give £10? If I had known that I could have picked up about 5 today.

Are they equally as generous with the game prices?

Most games they sell £1-£2 so you're lucky if you get more than 50p for them. But the consoles I'm pretty sure are selling for £15 at the moment and Gamestation generally give you two thirds of that in credit notes or less if you want cash. So you're looking at a £10 credit note or £5-£7 cash.

Most games they sell £1-£2 so you're lucky if you get more than 50p for them. But the consoles I'm pretty sure are selling for £15 at the moment and Gamestation generally give you two thirds of that in credit notes or less if you want cash. So you're looking at a £10 credit note or £5-£7 cash.

My local have cut their prices hugely over the last 6 months. I get £6 for MDs, £5 for ps1s and N64s and £9 for master systems.

Sunday I did OK.

I drove off to the boot sale, that I know from last year (went a few times) can be very good - it was about 3 times as big as usual. It seemed to me that a lot of the sellers had just realised the end of the booting season isn't far away, and were out in force while the weather was good.

I could have had one of my blockbuster Sunday mornings, but had to settle for the following, as I felt like shit, and left very early.

15 PS1 games, between 50p - £2 each, Equestriad 2001 was £5, some really nice titles...

Quake 2 add-on discs off to Germany already - £3 the lot

Doom 3 on PC - £3

Mario Kart & Super Mario - £5 the lot

2 guides - 75p each

PS2 Knight Rider - £3

GC Super Smash Bros - £5

6 Amiga games - 50p each

9 Gameboy titles - £6.50 the lot, left about 30 awful titles behind - they were asking £1.50 each and even at that price I wasn't interested.

SNES console + SMW (no pad) - £3

Bandai Double Play - £4

Mario & Luigi - £2 each

Monkey - 20p

rllmuk45jpg.jpg

rllmuk46jpg.jpg

rllmuk47jpg.jpg

I missed a few bits and pieces, boxed 32X with some boxed games, 2 G & W's - one was Oil Panic, not sure what the other was. Lots of people were snapping up various awful MD and DC bundles - I rarely touch them now...

Until next week :(

Saturdays was a disaster(some guy had boxed NES,32X and Megadrive stuff at around £10 each) but i started really well on Sunday getting Disagea on PS2 for a fiver(not on pic).Saturday i did get Shadows Of Memories for £3 on PS2.

DSC09078.jpg

DSC09079.jpg

Yes both Castlevania games,both complete! Got Chronicles for £2 and SOTN for £2.50.The SOTN was from a game dealer too(he goes round buying all the £1 or less games and sells them for £2.50).

Was so pleased and glad i didnt pay £50 off some guy the other week who was selling his collection.

Also not on pic i got a Sonic pinball game(not video game) which was not like a usual crappy pinball game but it vibrated and had 2 sets of flippers and a score bit too.Also got centipede board game and Donkey Kong for 50p each!

Yes both Castlevania games,both complete! Got Chronicles for £2 and SOTN for £2.50.The SOTN was from a game dealer too(he goes round buying all the £1 or less games and sells them for £2.50).

How can a dealer not know at least the dozen or so big titles?

Good work wubbs! I picked up Castlevania a few months back. It's as good as everyone says!

I wouldn't know personally, mine doesn't load properly :(

How can a dealer not know at least the dozen or so big titles?

I wouldn't know personally, mine doesn't load properly :D

I reckon a lot of them try to cover too many bases - CDs, DVDs, videos, sewing machines or whatever, and because of that they tend to be a jack of a trades and master of none! One who operates on my patch just buys anything kiddie - esp. Disney, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot - I have seen him ignore stuff well worth getting because he's focused on the kiddie ones. Pays no more than a £1 and sells for £3.

I am sur eif they devoted more times to games they'd be more savvy. I hope they don't!