rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
azurebumble

Weeds

I'm slowly working my way through season 5 and one thing that's become really apparent is just how annoying & unlikeable Nancy has become.

Most of her actions are now mostly selfish, she's also unwilling to accept any kind of responsibility for any of her actions. (although this is hardly new, it's become a lot more apparent/noticeable this season).

And the season in general has been pretty poor as well, it's become a showcase for let's put Nancy in as extreme position as possible and watch her try to get out it for the next X amount of episodes.

As was the one he gave her while waiting for Esteban to be released. (Or is that the one you meant anyway?)

It's often impossible to feel anything close to sympathy for Nancy as a character, and I think the writers know it. From around the 3rd or 4th season, Nancy began to turn into a caricature of herself and Celia's recent impression nailed it ;)

WTF am I going to download on Tuesday now?

Have you seen Nurse Jackie? It's very similar to Weeds in tone and it's absolutely brilliant. Similar to True Blood I found that it started off slow but then pretty much every episode after that was better than the last. The first season just ended last week. Comes highly recommended.

Just got round to viewing the last few episodes of this and I have to admit I'd like to see an end in sight for this show. Like Rescue Me it's been a great journey but it feels like the end should be forthcoming. One last series please.

Just got up to speed on this, awesome ending to a very good season. It's been nice to see Andy finally call Nancy out on her bullshit (she's actually a character I've disliked from the very beginning - I'm not sure we're ever supposed to have been "rooting" for her). Want to see what happens to Andy and Alanis now.

The brothers are quietly being turned into the focus of the show, and we'll begin to see more and more of the impacts of Nancy's decisions on them. I'm also guessing that Celia's next arc (while this one has been frustratingly dull as the writers figure out what to do with her) will show us where it could have all gone wrong for Nancy. I don't expect her to come out of it unscathed - she's a commentary on the "me too" brigade.

Doug's arc across the 5 seasons has been great as well. He's always been a likeable fool, but he's become more and more vindictive over S4 and S5 to the point where he becomes unlikable as well. The show does a great job of subtly (and not-so sometimes) changing its core without over-exposing you or hitting you in the face.

Superb stuff - feels like it has 1 good final season in it, but I expect it'll be stretched to 2 or maybe 3. Nanacy now needs to ascend to Pillar levels of control and sophistication, Andy needs to revert to man-child, Shane will die, the rest I'm not sure about.

Showtime has announced that the sixth season of their hit series Weeds will premiere on Monday, August 16th.

The promo picture has Nancy naked. :D

I thought Season 5 really scraped the bottom of the barrel - just wasn't as much fun as I recommend the other seasons to be, and nothing really happened until the last five minutes of the last episode.

I can't see how they're going to move this further along. I'll still watch it though.

August? How rubbish.

How the hell does she manage to look younger every season?

Is this set to be the last season?

It hasn't been confirmed, but if I was to hazard a guess, I would say this is probably the last.

Probably.

Guest nikolai

Has nobody watched the season 6 preair?

I thought it was pretty good, although it would be nice if they at least mentioned weed once in a while this time around.

Yeah, I liked it(obviously).

Shane really creeps me the fuck out. So sinister. Silas is now the only 'good' Botwin on the show. I hope they don't turn him back into an moron.

Finished series 5 last night. Thoroughly enjoyable throughout, from the beginning where everyone kept telling the bloke who'd kidnapped Celia to piss off, through the amusing bearded Mexican "guard dogs"(Ignacio and Cesar, both funny for very different reasons), to the head battering conclusion which made me jump.

I like watching these things in a glut so I've started on Curb for now and hopefully will be able to watch the sixth (final?) series of Weeds when it's finished.

6-03

Doug! Finally, I feared it would be just the Newmans and,

shot0031p.png

:wub:

Forty fucking six!

Haha - I said exactly the same thing!

I could barely watch the

butter eating contest.

I don't care if it wasn't real, just the thought of doing it made me a bit queasy. Saw the punchline to that whole thing coming miles off though.