IGNORED

Finish Those Games (ii)

Swaain

Finished Games:

N/A

Last Updated:20th Jan 2006

I dont see that changing anytime soon, to be honest.

Back to the real world though, I finished SOS The Final Escape yesterday. Nice little game. It's aged a little, and has some niggling flaws (iffy camera control, and some duff sections of trial and error), but generally a pretty good game. A nice change from the usual pace.

Genji is up next.

I took acidbearboy's advice too, and I've been investing some time in PN03 today, it's getting better the more I play it now. Seems to be one of those games thats more enjoyable when you saturate yourself in it, and you begin to 'read' the game better.

Well I'm not sure how much game time you get per week, but I epect you will be done with Genji by the end of this week :( Nice, but short. Glad you're getting into PN03, I think at first you seem to notice what it doesn't do rather than appreciate what it does. It's a zone game.

Just finished Shadow of the Colossus. A great experience. Stunningly beautiful artwork, great sound-design, but there are a few annoying niggles in the gameplay department. Considering this is such a high profile release, I think the game could've done with a little more play-testing. I think Edge were spot on with their 8.

Next up : Shenmue I & II

been a while since i updated :ph34r:

PGR , COD2 and PDZ all finished on their easiest difficulty since Dec23rd

Only games ongoing at the moment :

PDZ - Working on acheivements in multiplayer

COD2 - 3 missions finished on veteren

DOA4 - Gen Fu unlocked, 2 system voices unlocked

FFIV - At Mysidia

Amplitude - PS2

Fantavision - PS2

Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

Gods - SNES

Super Mario 64 - NDS

Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2

Mario Kart DS - NDS

Progressing very slowly at the moment on all of these.

I did three more Merceneries missions in RE4 on Sunday, and almost finished all the Missions on Mario Kart with three stars, but not quite. Gods I haven't played for a while, but I've been playing it for over ten years so I'm determined to finish it. Also: I haven't finished a single game this year yet.

Since my previous post I've bought, and have started playing:

Fantavision (PS2) - I can see this becoming one of those games, like Amplitude and Tetris and Snake, which worms its way into my brain and I begin to see linking fireworks every time I shut my eyes...

I got it from Game for £3, but strangely, in another Game shop (Birmingham), every copy was £10. :lol:

Headhunter Redemption (PS2) - Awkward combat, but pretty fun, so far (I'm about 20% though it).

Le Mans 24 Hours (PS2) - I've wanted to play the DC version of this for years, but since that's fairly hard to find, I thought I'd get the PS2 one instead. Nice environments, but I'm not too impressed with the car graphics (they don't look as good as the DC shots I've seen), though I think that's more to do with the odd camera position, which makes your car very small and puts it in the middle of the screen. Maybe they look better in the replays, which I haven't watched yet. Handling takes a bit of getting used to, too.

Le Mans 24 Hours (PS2) - I've wanted to play the DC version of this for years, but since that's fairly hard to find, I thought I'd get the PS2 one instead. Nice environments, but I'm not too impressed with the car graphics (they don't look as good as the DC shots I've seen), though I think that's more to do with the odd camera position, which makes your car very small and puts it in the middle of the screen. Maybe they look better in the replays, which I haven't watched yet. Handling takes a bit of getting used to, too.

I had and loved the DC version back in the day and lost it somewhere, so I picked up the PS2 version last summer, but it's terribly different, with the emphasis on the terrible. I picked up the US DC version off eBay a few weeks later to make sure it wasn't just rose tinted glasses, but the DC version looks and plays better. If you like the game but are having troubles with it, you might want to keep trying for the DC version.

Lemmings (Mobile Phone) Too short. Completed. No new levels, all of them from the original.

Burnout Revenge (PS2) Played a little bit more. Kind of bored of it for now. Mostly finished anyway.

X2: The Threat (PC) Haven't played this in ages. Not really been in the mood.

Rome: Total War (PC) Same as X2. Takes up so much time, have been doing other stuff.

Counter Strike (PC) Woo hoo!!! Re-re-re-re-discovered how much I love this game. One map called PoolParty is great for quick fast fun although I think CS_Office is still my fave.

F.E.A.R. (PC) Well, finished, done and dusted. Probably will play it again but not for a while.

Spartan: Total Warrior (PS2) Got this at Christmas and played it to death almost every night for a couple of weeks. Various difficulty levels, that arena setting etc. Really enjoyed it despite being straight forward. Will prob trade this in for God Of War or Destroy All Humans once I've finished The Getaway.

Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (PS2) Have had this for ages but never got into it before two weeks ago. Then just tried it and couldn't stop. Have completed it now and need a break from it.

The Getaway (PS2) Got this ages ago too and got stuck early on when you have to sneak around the Cop Shop and kill the head guy. After finishing GT Concept started this game again, got past that level and am now really enjoying it.

Finished off Prince of Persia:The Two thrones last night. Enjoyed it for the most part. Although they could have been a bit more generous with the speed kills than they were.

So now I can either do Resi evil 4 or Metroid Prime 2. Got past the first gigante in Resi evil before starting POP. Just wondering if I can be bothered.

Should be picking up a ps2 for ICO/Shadow of the colussus in a couple of weeks time.

Finished PN03, Galleon and Genji oer the last week or so.

I played PN03 through on easy and normal, powered up all the suits and really got into the game. I tried playing on hard using the Papillion suit, but it was beyond the limit of my skills and patience to get through even the first level without getting hit. Really enjoyed playing it through both times though.

I could go on for hours about everything that's wrong with Galleon, as pretty much every element of gameplay in it is flawed to some degree, but there were just enough redeeming features for me to bother seeing to through to the end. By no means a great game, but I dont regret the time I spent playing through it.

Genji was a mixed bag - I didnt really click with it at first and it took me a while to understand the game mechanics (I really should have read the manual or something), but when I got a hold of the combo and counter / instant kill system, I really enjoyed it. The bosses were really enjoyable to fight against throughout (the sole exception being the last boss, which was terrible), and the other enemies provided suitable fodder for beating senseless and trying cool things between the bigger enemies. It was a bit easy though.

I've still not started on Haunting Grounds yet, I keep putting it off, for no explicable reason. And Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga seems to be nearing the end, rather quickly (only 20 hours on the clock - even with my usual RPG-dilly-dallying).

So, replacing the completed games will be Chronicles of Riddick, Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, and (if I can get it running on my PC) Blade Runner.

Mario & Luigi: SS has just fallen. The last two bosses were pretty bloody tough, a little beyond my coordination and timing abilities, I think. I only managed to get through them with blind perseverence. Great game though, and seriously funny in places. Seemed like just teh right length too, didn't have time to get bored or lost, nor forget what I was doing at any point. I'm looking forward to playing Partners in Time now, though dreading the thought of dodging attacks with four characters <_<

I think it's high time I started on Suikoden 4 now. If its even half the game Suiko 3 was, then I'll be very, very happy ;)

Devil May Cry 3 - I love the DMC series. Was a little disapointed in number 2 due to the fact that it didn't have much to do with 1 and was a very easy game, but other than that, the series has been great. DMC3 is a lot harder than the other 2 but I think I'm about just past half way, so I'm hoping to get it complete soon.

GTA : San Andreas - Keep getting bored of this. I'm only about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way through and at the moment I'm just no interested in it. I don't think it's better than Vice City because I don't really like the story. the features of the game are better than VC but not the story. Killing ramages are fun though 8).

SD v Raw 2006 - completed the storymodes but still go challenges to do to unlock stuff. Might do some one day when I'm bored

Other than them 3 I've completed all the other games I've got. 360 should be here in the next day or so, so Ill have some new challenges to do.

Haven't updated in a while, this is what my list looks like now:

Finished:

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC)

Brothers in Arms: The Road to Hill 30 (PC)

God of War (PS2)

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (Xbox)

F.E.A.R. (PC)

Quake 4 (PC)

Another Code (DS)

Call of Duty 2 (PC)

SW - KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (PC)

Silent Hill 4 (Xbox)

Perfect Dark Zero [secret Agent] (Xbox 360)

King Kong (Xbox 360)

Project Gotham Racing 3 [all silver medals in career mode - gold is too hard!] (Xbox 360)

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC)

Abandoned:

Fahrenheit (PC): Could not get into this at all. Really liked the idea but the QTE-style 'challenges' just seemed completely arbitrary and irrelevant to what was going on in the game world.

Temporarily abandoned but might go back to later:

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (PC)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS): waiting to finish it on DS Lite!

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)

So my current list of five:

Black and White 2 (PC)

Ridge Racer 6 (Xbox 360)

Condemned (Xbox 360)

We Love Katamari (PS2)

Advance Wars 2 (GBA): going to finish this properly on my Micro!

Updating my list with a few games I went off and finished that weren't on my initial list. I got a new TV for Christmas, so that put in the incentive to give my gamesplaying a new lease of life, now with less eyestrain. Finished Stranger's Wrath. Enjoyed it a lot. Got a little repetitive until THAT plot twist provided both intrigue and an eventual descent into bland interior levels.

Fear Effect I really liked. A glorified Dragon's Lair, really, but the story and characters pull through.

Shadow Of Memories, again, uses its plot to push interest rather than its actual gameplay. It still manages to be likeable even if the acting's a little stunted, and the time-travelling angle a little too here and there (so to speak).

Ghosthunter - Graphically good, artistically not as much. Your average PS2 third-person action adventure with added ghost-trapping. Nearly as good as Primal, better than Headhunter: Redemption, I'd say.

Now on the list:

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - Near the final boss, 24 hours in. Another day should do it.

San Andreas - Haven't really touched this since last time. Shall keep it here until I do.

Morrowind - Christ, I didn't realise it was THIS big. Currently exploring Ebonheart as a Battlemage wishing my personality skill was higher.

Luigi's Mansion - Looks like a nice short game so I'll finish soon. Simply love the way Luigi spends the game shivering in fear and nervously humming.

Vampire: Bloodlines - Didn't play for a while after my hard disk died. Got back into it a couple of days ago, but it demands patience as the load times on my PC are abysmal. No noticeable bugs yet. Did just crash, though.

Resident Evil 3

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath All done.

Fear Effect Normal mode only.

Shadow Of Memories B and C endings only.

Ghosthunter All done.

Galleon All done.

Recently completed Kameo so my current "to do" list looks a bit like this:

Call of Duty 2 (360) - Finish it on Veteran.. currently 6 missions down, only 4 more to go.

Halo 2 - Finish this bad boy on Legendary.. I figure if I can complete CoD2 then anything is possible! :D

Shadow of the Colossus - Time to revisit this after shelving the US version for a few months

PGR3 - Get the Gold Champion Achievement

Guitar Hero - Finish all songs on Hard (hmm "Bark at the Moon" could take some time) and 5 star everything on Medium (again.. "Bark at the Moon could take some time :D)

Half Life 2 (PC) - Need to finish my second playthrough of this.. currently getting scared in Ravenholm

Ideally I need to do as much as possible of the above before the deluge of new 360 titles (hopefully) appear in March.

Tons of games on the go right now...

Burnout Revenge (PS2): Currently at 82% complete.

Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC): Reached the boss run.

SWAT 4 (PC): Three missions to go...

Gregory Horror Show (PS2): Bought, then forgotten about. I'll get back to it eventually.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (PS2): Making good progress.

Gradius V (PS2): Fantastic schmup! Progressing pretty well... (on easy mode, *ahem*)

Settlers 5 (PC): Not a patch on the original, but enjoyable. 7 missions in.

Killer 7 (GC): So damn stylish! On the third chapter, and loving it.

Ico (PS2): Great atmosphere, I'm now around three hours in.

Fahrenheit (PC)

God of War (PS2)

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (DS) (Normal mode)

Amplitude (PS2) (Normal mode)

Halo (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Edited by Riccardo_Margiotta

Finished Fahrenheit last night. I enjoyed it, but it really lost its way in the second half in terms of plot and turned into too much of a button basher unfortuantely. Shame. Onwards and upwards:

Katamari Damacy

Killer 7

Final Fantasy X-2

Metroid Prime 2

The Getaway Black Monday

Fahrenheit

Oh dear. Didn't make much progress with that list. I played lots of Katamari but never finished it, and the only other one I've played a bit of is Killer 7, which I need to go back to. I'm going to start again for 2006, so a new, slightly amended, list – and the games I've already finished in 2006 underneath. I'm going to stick with it this time, I'm sure.

Metroid Prime 2: Been wanting to play this for ages, but it would have meant shifting consoles around. I'm going to do that this weekend.

Killer 7: Similar issue to above, same console.

Dragon Quest VIII: I haven't got stuck into an RPG for ages, so I'm going to give this a go soon.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Just about to start the final case, so shouldn't be too long before I can replace this one.

Spider-Man 2: I like the idea of exploring New York as Spidey, and this has been sitting sealed on the shelf for far too long.

Lost In Blue

PoP: Two Thrones

King Kong

God of War

CSI

Gods - SNES

Amplitude - PS2

Fantavision - PS2

Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

Super Mario 64 - NDS

Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2

Mario Kart DS - NDS

Finally I can take Gods off my list.

It's taken over ten years in total, but I've literally completed it for the first time five minutes ago.

REJOICE!!!

Completed Haunting Ground last night. Really enjoyable for the most part, only a few frustrating sections (mostly just badly signposted things). It was just the right length too - it looked like it was ending at around the 7 hours mark, but thankfully that turned out to be a red herring (the game is brilliant at setting you up to feel all comfortable, then tearing it all down). Pretty creepy too, the atmosphere is really helped by the good use of audio and the absolutely fantastic visuals. This is definately one of the best looking PS2 games. I really wish I had a HDTV so I could see what this looks like running in prog scan. Fiona is dead sexy too :D the extra costumes are just perverse :wub:

I'll start on We Love Katamari if it arrives soon (DVDBoxOffice though, so god knows how long it'll take). If it doesnt arrive for a while, I'll likely start on something else, probably Second Sight, which has been gathering dust since I picked it up.

Kameo

Call of Duty 2 (360) - Finish it on Veteran.. currently 6 missions down, only 4 more to go.

Halo 2 - Finish this bad boy on Legendary.. I figure if I can complete CoD2 then anything is possible! :wub:

Shadow of the Colossus - Time to revisit this after shelving the US version for a few months

Guitar Hero - Finish all songs on Hard (hmm "Bark at the Moon" could take some time) and 5 star everything on Medium (again.. "Bark at the Moon could take some time :lol:)

Half Life 2 (PC) -  Need to finish my second playthrough of this..  currently getting scared in Ravenholm

Just completed CoD2 on Veteran... get in!! :D

Its shot straight to the top of my favourite 360 titles so far.. god knows why I didnt pick it up at launch.

Next up... PGR3

Jak X: Combat Racing

Shadow of the Collossus

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Dark Side)

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Kameo

Halo 2 - Finish this bad boy on Legendary.. I figure if I can complete CoD2 then anything is possible! ;)

Guitar Hero - Finish all songs on Hard (hmm "Bark at the Moon" could take some time) and 5 star everything on Medium (again.. "Bark at the Moon could take some time :unsure:)

Half Life 2 (PC) - Need to finish my second playthrough of this.. currently getting scared in Ravenholm

Project Zero 3 - latest addition to list

Thats another one down... Shadow of the Colossus complete, and all I can say is WOW! what an ending!

Project Zero 3 added to make up my current 5

Completed Suikoden 4 and Chronicles of Riddick this evening.

Suikoden 4 was a little dissapointing overall, particularly weak first and last chapters, and the gameworld simply wasn't filled with enough to make the games length interesting throughout. Vast empty seas do not really do it for me. It's a shame, as the core of teh game, building up your town/ship and recruiting the 108 Stars is quite enjoyable, similarly, there are a couple of good minigames in there too (Ritapon, the Majong-alike is particularly enjoyable). I'm hoping Suikoden 5 shaped up more like the sublime 3, than this episode.

Riddick, on the other hand, I was really impressed by, from beginning to end. I didn't really expect much from it, but it's the most interesting take on an FPS since Deus Ex (excluding HL2, as that's just an unfair comparison :unsure: ). The melee combat is brillaint, the weapons are really satisfying -the prototype assault rifle being a firm favorite for me, even the stealth sections were really well implemented. And as I sit here listening to the creditws msuic rolling by, I note that the music is also pretty good (the familiar theme kicking in - reminds me a lot of the MGS theme, actually - same composer, maybe?). I think I'll leave the extra content to sift through in the morning now.

As for the list, I've not touched any of the other game on it, as including the new entries, it looks like this:

We Love Katamari

Second Sight

Zelda Four Swords

Blade Runner

Fable