IGNORED

Virtua Tennis

snk

yep, well done. after playing for a few days now it's worth reitering that it really is the perfect pick up and play title. i've hardly bothered with World Tour mode, which i view as extra rather than the main game.

Whereas I am your Mister Reverso. Not interested in tournament mode, as you romp through the first three matches and get tonked in the final. Quite enjoying building my player up and as there's two minigames for each skill in world tour you're not forced to play the rubbish ones (hello, disc flipper).

I'm still wishing it was portable TopSpin but it'll do. I just need to stop pressing L thinking the dropshot meter will come up. :D

Congratulations on reaching 4th place in the charts this week :)

Cheers, we're quite chuffed to see Tennis at 4 and Toca at 8 in the all formats charts :D Two games in the top ten at the same time, not often you see that as a developer!

---

S0L

---

I still cant get away from just using x all the time! 

Anyone got any general tips?

Seconded, to be honest I don't even know what button does what apart from X. When I first started my player was so pants that pretty much every shot looked like it was supposed to be a lob, no matter what button I pushed, so I couldn't tell. Is there supposed to be slice/lob/topspin? Which is which? And what the hell do I use a slice for? Also for serving, not just general play.

sister in laws darn in bath - so train journey will need entertaining :P

Indeed!!!

It's really good u will love the challenge of the tour mode.

Not as much as I am loving stripping wallpaper with a steamer in this heat.

Only to find I am going to have to paint over that fucking red colour we had a few years ago.

Dulux Once

It better be!!

I'm sorry if it has already been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I've just played a little on World Tour and I'm finding it a little hard to get anywhere and even making some money.

I've noticed that you get awarded money in the Tournaments mode, but do you get to keep that money and then use it in World Tour mode?? That would actually make sense, since I can't even hire a player in World Tour Mode, as it costs 10.000 $ in the beginning of the game.

I decided to put some effort into World Tour mode and boy did THAT pay off.

Now I'm entering - and winning - tournaments, earning some decent prize money, some of which I've used to buy a good racquet so that I've FINALLY beaten the tank!!

Just stick with World Tour mode and it gets great and very addictive.

This is a great game.

I decided to put some effort into World Tour mode and boy did THAT pay off.

Now I'm entering - and winning - tournaments, earning some decent prize money, some of which I've used to buy a good racquet so that I've FINALLY beaten the tank!!

Just stick with World Tour mode and it gets great and very addictive.

This is a great game.

indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Should be the Square Button - though, if you just want a gentle tap, you have to be in the right place. If you're not close enough it will hit it further (as per all the shots - the better your position relative to the ball when you push the shot button, the better shot you get).

That or the Circle Button - one of the two - one lobs, the other chips. Slept since then.

---

S0L

---

• 2 months later...

Got this yesterday. My only quibble so far is that the CPU players never, ever seem to make bad errors. I've yet to see one fault or hit the ball out. Oh, apart from Roger Federer....who was my doubles partner. Was that the case on the DC version? I can't be bothered to set it up and check, you see. :wub: