Virtua Tennis

snk

Actually, I ain't. I thought they may make me look a bit 'Inspector Gadget' on the beach and stuff. Now they are available in the UK (I presume) I may take a look though, at the moment I use the bog standard, cloth type case that came with the US value pack, as you may know it does not offer much protection.

So thanks for the tip, I think I will take a look at these, not too pricey I guess ? Have you got a link to this type of one please...?

gameplay link

£12.99

logitech_playgear_sony_psp_review.jpg

Andy, are you talking about the Logitech one? With the rubber inserts that slide out so you can put your own pics inside?

I've got one of those. I've found it does help but only if the sun is in front of you. Straight above, behind or to either side and it's next to useless. Looks lovely, though.

The only thing I've successfully played outside so far has been Lumines. Two colours, nothing scrolling, easy to deal with whatever the lighting.

Well had a few quick goes on this as it arrived this morning, from a avid fan of the series on dreamcast the first thing that shocked me was the graphics over the old dreamcast version.

much lower polygon count on the models and stadiums and no bump mapping on the courts, but the sharpness of the screen brings it all up a few clicks.

Gameplay is just as good as it ever was, using the full use of the digital directions to do powerfull and low drop shots and moving into position before the ball is returned is vital to winning. I noticed the difficulty had been upped a few notches in medium.

But was still a breeze ones i had got into the swing of things again, sound is not quite as good as the dreamcast version, with a horrible crowd sound now. Lack of bass creates far to much treble so i had to drop the headphones as my ears where starting to hurt.

All in all i would give it 8/10 with Dreamcast version getting a solid 9.

Just had a quick blast and it's a great conversion. Like Peve the graphics downgrade was a bit of a shock as I though the PSP was made by God and could handle better graphics than the 360.

Anyway it's fantastic, it feels more like VT than VT2 which is just what I wanted.

Keep up the good work Sumo Digital. With Outrun 2 and now this it looks like a name to look out for when purchasing games.

Can't wait to try wi-fi. Can you go the whole hog and have 4 player matches or is it strictly 2 players? Yes I could go look at the box but it's down stairs.

Wow, picked this up from the post depot after work tonight, it's great. The firmware update is ridiculous. I've got a Japanese machine that hadn't been updated at all, I don't use emulators or anything so I was happy to let it update, but it needed to charge first? I wasn't waiting to play my shiny new game so a friend sent me the version changer, worked a treat.

The game itself, after the comments on here I was worried about mini games and such, but it's fine. I've noticed there seems to be two mini games for each skill (volley, stroke, etc) so you can pick which of the two you want to do. Tank Attack is insane, but you don't have to do it if you don't want, which made it my choice to spend half a bloody hour failing it time after time until it clearly just felt sorry and levelled me up anyway. There's plenty of tournaments you can have a go in, but you're utter shite at first, not much point before you've worked up some skill at least, so again, it feels like you're making the decision to train based on your ineptness on the court, so it doesn't feel forced.

I'm having a real blast so far, first game I'm using the nub for too, which I've now decided is far too low down, I think my thumb is now permanently out of position. But it's worth it, this is the best game my PSP has seen, and I loved both of the other two I've owned (Ridge and Lumines) so that's no small thing.

Honestly, read that Eurogamer review someone linked to, if you haven't already. As pointed out, it doesn't sound entirely impartial, but this is one of those magical games you don't come across that often, I know exactly how they feel.

Maybe this euphoria will wear off at some point, but right now I'm urging everyone to buy it, and it's worth buying a PSP for, most definitely.

Oh noes! The game has the biggest of all flaws that games made in the 05's should not have. 1 profile. No! Games should have at least 3 slots allowing different people to have a career on the same console and the same card.

Bad Sumo Digital, naughty Sumo Digital in your bed.

Oh noes! The game has the biggest of all flaws that games made in the 05's should not have. 1 profile. No! Games should have at least 3 slots allowing different people to have a career on the same console and the same card.

Bad Sumo Digital, naughty Sumo Digital in your bed.

gladly swap that for the autosaving, that wee beep as it pulls out of the game into the sony saving thing kills my soul

gladly swap that for the autosaving, that wee beep as it pulls out of the game into the sony saving thing kills my soul

Couldn't you have autosaving on 3 different profiles? Choose one at the start and it saves to that. Simple.

What's the Sony saving thing? None of the games I own have it.

Couldn't you have autosaving on 3 different profiles? Choose one at the start and it saves to that. Simple.

What's the Sony saving thing? None of the games I own have it.

Damn you caught us. We're in league with Sony trying to help shift memory sticks :unsure:

Actually, it was done to keep the save size and time down. We figured that most people wouldn't want to pass their PSP round, the things attract dirt and fingerprints like hell. We're just saving you on cleaning the screen so often.

I'll put it in my book marked 'Next time'. Though ironically enough, TOCA does support 3 save profiles.

---

S0L

---

Damn you caught us. We're in league with Sony trying to help shift memory sticks :P

Actually, it was done to keep the save size and time down. We figured that most people wouldn't want to pass their PSP round, the things attract dirt and fingerprints like hell. We're just saving you on cleaning the screen so often.

I'll put it in my book marked 'Next time'. Though ironically enough, TOCA does support 3 save profiles.

---

S0L

---

Hey S0L... nice to hear from you again... when's OutRun 2 SP coming along? I've only got around 30 more AAAs to get on OutRun so you best be quick... :ph34r:

Got both my male and female players sub 100world rankings now, I don't understand what everyone's been moaning about regarding having to play loads of mini games, if you keep your eye on the diary by the time you allow for losing a wek before each tounament to rest and get your stamina back there isn't much time to play the minigames, I have to keep missing tounaments because I'm trying to beast some of the minigames and get my stats up.

The game is brilliant though, I picked up mercury, coded arms and this together and it's virtua tennis that's getting all the playtime, awesome, can't wait to try the multiplayer :D

Cheeko what are your stats upto now then?

I have found that even when you fail the mini games you can sometimes go upto the next level.

For instance I have never completed the disc game but I am now upto level 3.

Cheeko what are your stats upto now then?

I have found that even when you fail the mini games you can sometimes go upto the next level.

For instance I have never completed the disc game but I am now upto level 3.

The game levels are only 2, I've only played them a few times but complete i every time, my player stat levels are all about 8/9