Physco : Kill Me If You Can

lokas

As far as I know the case was actually true, (done a google search after). Basically the gay guy buggered off somwhere. Then He met a supposed agent from the secret service who offered him a job as an agent. Saying he would be sent to London to meet the PM the Queen etc etc. But first he needs to do some missions, this involved bodyguarding his best mate (James) then giving him oral sex and finnaly stabbing him. After the stabbing police started to look at the chat logs and found through mannerisms and ways of typing that the gay guy, the girlfreind and the Secret Service agent where all the same person, but then they found a suprising theng....... one other person in the chat room had the same mannerisms and it turned out to be .. James. They eventually both got 2/3 year supervision orders one for attempted murder the other for insighting (SP?) his own murder.

I found it quite funny and ironic at the same time.

I missed it as I was out killing and raping at that time.

Is it being repeated?

Dont think so, theres another one from the same series next week although from a preview, it dosent look like its going to be as good as this one.

I thought it was pretty much the worst thing ever. They didn't even consider the violent homoerotic relationship that the boys were blatantly conducting through fantasy; and it was full of typical chatroom scaremongering.

Unbelievable scenes, really.

It was crazily dressed up, what with the ridicolous amounts of footage of the 'Mrs Robinson' or whatever she was called. I think maybe they hired that woman and thought we should get our moneys worth of footage of her.

I would have preferred it delivered as a proper documentary, with less of the 'effects'.

Yeah having a girlfriend doesn't make the guy normal, actually its pretty scary, considering how manipulative the guy was albeit with someone who seem very gullible and naive, does not bode well for the girl.

Plus I thought this was part of C4's stuff to do with mental health? THey didn't really cover that at all.

Yeh quite majorly. I cant believe that john (the "matermind") only got a supervision order. On another note, how would the police enforce their no going on the internet unsupervised bit of the sentence. I never understood how this could work.

And they're both now walking the streets? Both of the boys seriously need a visit to the head doctor.

Not only that, but I live in the very same town where it all happened. And I think they both went to the same school I did. I quite often walk past the alleyway where he was stabbed.

It was crazily dressed up, what with the ridicolous amounts of footage of the 'Mrs Robinson' or whatever she was called.  I think maybe they hired that woman and thought we should get our moneys worth of footage of her.

I think the problem there is that it's simply not a visually interesting story. It's essentially two kids sitting in their bedrooms typing. I can sympathise with the producers on this having once had to do a whole series of illustrations on data warehousing. You end up just filling space with any old shit.

Having said that, I thought the program was mediocre at best; like a few people upthread have said, it never gave any reason for why the guy wanted to get himself stabbed, or really go into anything more than the most superficial elements of the case. Felt like voyeurism TV.