IGNORED

Retro Gamer Issue 19 Delayed Further

roberthazelby

The RG freelancers, as a group, are independantly working on something that you could describe as a bit special. A kind of farewell homage.

We've not made a massive public announcement, but some of us are spreading the word.

Keep your eyes peeled.

• 3 weeks later...

From this weeks MCV;

A new magazine from the ashes of Retro Gamer, Retro Bytes is set to launch on November 22nd and will be published every six weeks. Boss of retro publisher Altern8 Paul Andrews is overseeing the project, and is currently finalising distribution deals.

That's all.

From this weeks MCV;

A new magazine from the ashes of Retro Gamer, Retro Bytes is set to launch on November 22nd and will be published every six weeks. Boss of retro publisher Altern8 Paul Andrews is overseeing the project, and is currently finalising distribution deals.

That's all.

Its just not enough. The old feel of the mag has gone. Unless this is an entirely new publication from a different publisher i.e. not Live related.

Its just not enough. The old feel of the mag has gone. Unless this is an entirely new publication from a different publisher i.e. not Live related.

The only connection with Live is that two ex staff members are working on it (Shaun Bebbington and an Art Ed).

Erm...

I should point out:

http://www.retrosurvival.co.uk/

Retro Survival will have a large portion of RG's issue 19 content.

Retro Bytes is an entirely seperate and new publication, which will not have RG's proposed content, and very few of RG's ex-writers.

As Shaun has clearly stated on Retro Survival's forum, his new publication will focus mostly on 1980s home computers, and it won't be a "freelance free for all" as he put it.

If you want the true RG flavour, you want to visit: http://www.retrosurvival.co.uk

This is where most of RG's most prestigious freelancers have gone to, and this is where you will find a lot of RG's planned articles. :D

Maybe I'm getting mixed up.  I heard from one of the writers that issue 19 was ready to go and there was a strong chance of the mag being sold and issue 19 being put to press very quickly.  I thought this was it.

Apparently Issue 19 wasready to go to press and does exist on disk somewhere - However nothing is likely to happen with this, unless someone buys the RG name.

The good news is that the two projects mentioned above are happening - Just to clarify:

Retro Survival - Most of the ex-contributors are running this disk-based magazine with unpublished articles. Could be a one-off, though depends upon the success. Will also include 'behind the scenes' info of dealing with Live!

Retro Bytes - Shaun's new magazine. First issue due in September with nationwide distribution. Following issues will be six weeks apart. Very promising!