IGNORED

Retro Gamer Issue 19 Delayed Further

roberthazelby

Bugger. Again.

Well, at least that'll be another sub for Strider - not anything for me to quibble over any more. Still wish you'd separate it from the main mag though, but if its whats keeping it alive...

Fingers crossed someone picks it up. Presume there's no chance we'll be seeing 'RetroTM - now incorporating RetroGamer' just like the old mags used to do ?

Strider - d'you know who the main contributors were for RG? I'm guessing yes. You been in touch to see about any upcoming articles you could publish? No doubt there are a few works in progress that could be of interest to RetroTM as well. The market is yours again, you may as well corner it now.

I really feel for the people who have been made redundant and Im sad to see Retro Gamer disappear (it was a fantastic publication and I have enjoyed every issue). I have to say its a damn underhanded way they have acted these past few weeks. Theres been no hint at what was to come, not a single subscribers received news of the magazines first delay and now the cancellation. Only info provided has been hear say on forums.

Im pretty pissed off. Ive paid £45 just a couple of weeks back for a new subscription and now Ive lost it, I wouldnt have resubscribed if I had known. Thanks Live.

I really feel for the people who have been made redundant and Im sad to see Retro Gamer disappear (it was a fantastic publication and I have enjoyed every issue). I have to say its a damn underhanded way they have acted these past few weeks. Theres been no hint at what was to come, not a single subscribers received news of the magazines first delay and now the cancellation. Only info provided has been hear say on forums.

Im pretty pissed off. Ive paid £45 just a couple of weeks back for a new subscription and now Ive lost it, I wouldnt have resubscribed if I had known. Thanks Live.

It was interesting reading the 12-page thread on the forum that dealt with the original delay to the mag, it certainly gave the impression that RG would continue, and the staff kept stating that the bi-monthly decision was not to do with money. If they genuinely thought that, it must have a real shock to then get the boot on Monday.

It's a shame; although I never particularly like the mag, the fact that retro gaming was getting any kind of presence was a good thing. Let's hope somebody else picks this up.

There is some good news for those of us who paid with a credit card for their subscription. Just spoke to my bank and they say the money will be retreivable so long as I write to them with the details of amount paid, whats happend etc etc

That's what I'd expected. I've fired off an email to the subs dept *just in case* anyway.

BTW, are you the Lorfarius of the RG forums? ;)

I suppose that depends whether or not you're the deKay off the uk.video.games.* newsgroups, really. If you are, stay! We need more people from the Norwich area around here! :(

Ewwww - Norwich :(

I've been here since November, actually. I just haven't posted. But now the Live forums haev teh dead, I've moved.

I hate being a member of forums all over the place. Why can't we just have one huge set of forums where we can each just use the same username and stuff and every topic under the sun is covered?

You know, like Usenet? :P

It's a pity if some other publisher doesn't pick up the magazine. With the exception of Retro TM, it has the market to itself and, as much as I enjoy TM's retro section, I can't see it covering things in as much depth as RG.

I wonder what will happen to the original Banyan Tree discs now?

I'm on a downer about this (and not because I recently re-subscribed). :(

BTW, are you the Lorfarius of the RG forums? :(

Its like we are stalking each other from forum to Usenet :P

Overall im very sad to see the mag go. It was a pure joy to receive each month. Kept me entertained for many an hour. If it wasnt for the mag I would never have even considered starting my now evergrowing NES collection.......and at least I managed to get my name and comment in print i one issue!! So im a part of printed history lol

Didnt RG buy the discs? If so, lets hope the editor Martyn Caroll managed to sneak them out of the building as he was leaving. If anyone has his contact info maybe they can ask?

I only have his Live email address. Pff. But then, I expect so has everyone else...