IGNORED

X Factor

keineboom

So this has just kicked off again on ITV, and promises to be exactly the same as last year.

Surely this programme now has no point whatsoever - the previous winners have all vanished into obscurity, even Steve 'Mr Charisma' Brookstein.

As this year's Big Brother was the biggest damp squib of the summer - not one of them deserved to win- I can see this going the same way.

I'm now diving headfirst into my DVD collection, someone wake me when there's something genuinely fresh and exciting on television.

What's wrong with the people who think they're brilliant? Do these programmes really just attract people with actual mental problems, or are they just pretending?

I mean the ones that are just karaoke level singers that claim it's their whole life and they're destined to be famous, it's astonishing.

Rant rant rant.

What's the point in getting experts to judge these things if the contestants never listen to what they say anyway? A judge says: "You're shit" and the contestant says "I'm not - I'm better than everyone else" then I know who I'll believe.

Even on something like strictly dancy feet or whatever it was called, the judges say "That wasn't as good as it could have been" and the contestant says "Yes it was, that was the best dancing ever" and the stupid audience cheers in approval.

People just aren't willing to admit they're crap these days. In fact, it's not even as harsh as that; people aren't willing to admit that there is anything wrong with them - if they believe they are good themselves then obviously it must be true. What a load of pussies.

Rant rant rant.

Auditions = Fucking comedy Gold

After that, it's a complete waste of space. You can't knock the auditions though, nothing beats watching a 19 year old girl who thinks she's God's gift to singing in a flood of tears because Simon Cowell told her she wasn't good enough.

You can't knock the auditions though, nothing beats watching a 19 year old girl who thinks she's God's gift to singing in a flood of tears because Simon Cowell told her she wasn't good enough.

That was great. :lol:

"You're better than him love, you're better than him..."

"Y-yeah, what does he know anyway? *Cries more*".

Auditions = Fucking comedy Gold

After that, it's a complete waste of space. You can't knock the auditions though, nothing beats watching a 19 year old girl who thinks she's God's gift to singing in a flood of tears because Simon Cowell told her she wasn't good enough.

I love the auditions.

Especially when her family came in and got down on their knees to plead her case

The bloke who won the last one was in the paper the other day moaning about how after winning the show he spent a few days in the studio recording a load of covers - not allowed to do any original material - and bar a few tv appearances was then largely ignored by the record company until they told him he was dropped.

What's wrong with the people who think they're brilliant? Do these programmes really just attract people with actual mental problems, or are they just pretending?

I mean the ones that are just karaoke level singers that claim it's their whole life and they're destined to be famous, it's astonishing.

Gotta aggree, some of these people who think they have talent, and claim it to be their life, are absolute bollocks! I really don't know how some of them are convinced that they can sing. The moment they hear themselves sing, they will come straight back down to Earth, well you would expect!

hmmm there was already anyother thread made...

But it was quite funny. I felt sorry for that last girl though somewhat.

i felt sorry or her in that her idiotic family had reinforced this idea that this was the only thing she could possibly do with her life and that she had talent. She really believed it and you could see on their faces when she'd failed that they realised they'd set her up for a huge fall. Stupid people.

i felt sorry or her in that her idiotic family had reinforced this idea that this was the only thing she could possibly do with her life and that she had talent. She really believed it and you could see on their faces when she'd failed that they realised they'd set her up for a huge fall. Stupid people.

Exactly - though some of them seem to be deluded enough alone too.

What gets me is if they were so serious about singing - all this 'music is my dream' crap - wouldn't they have done a bit more to actually make a go of a career of it?

Maybe like - being in a fucking band or doing some actual professional singing for money or something if they love it so much... rather than just expecting to turn up, be discovered and being handed everything on a platter.

Exactly - though some of them seem to be deluded enough alone too.

What gets me is if they were so serious about singing - all this 'music is my dream' crap - wouldn't they have done a bit more to actually make a go of a career of it?

Maybe like - being in a fucking band or doing some actual professional singing for money or something if they love it so much... rather than just expecting to turn up, be discovered and being handed everything on a platter.

Of course thats true.

But if that girl had joined a band or done solo work etc and then went to a recording studio (or whatever you do) I think they would take one look at her and say "no".

I guess its a bit different on the X Factor (or pop idol for that matter), they is more of a chance of getting through as long as you can sing...

hahah

Just one thing. There are thousands of these people waiting outside to be seen. Fair enough it could be all their family/friends waiting with them. But the stickers they get given run into the thousands too.

So how do they see about 1500 or so people a day? Even if most interviews lasted 1 minute and took 10 hours to do, thats only 600 people. And most the interviews we see on TV last a good 2-3 minutes, which could make it much less.

hahah

Just one thing. There are thousands of these people waiting outside to be seen. Fair enough it could be all their family/friends waiting with them. But the stickers they get given run into the thousands too.

So how do they see about 1500 or so people a day? Even if most interviews lasted 1 minute and took 10 hours to do, thats only 600 people. And most the interviews we see on TV last a good 2-3 minutes, which could make it much less.

I was with a friend when she auditioned for the Norwegian version of Pop Idol. With that they had a two stage process, with ten or so random "judges" giving everyone a 30 second audition, and then anyone worth filming (either because they had some talent or were comically bad) got sent through to the "proper" judges in the room where the TV cameras were.

I was with a friend when she auditioned for the Norwegian version of Pop Idol. With that they had a two stage process, with ten or so random "judges" giving everyone a 30 second audition, and then anyone worth filming (either because they had some talent or were comically bad) got sent through to the "proper" judges in the room where the TV cameras were.

ahh that would make sense. But they why do they let through some shit ones? I guess they have to send through some really bad ones just to give us something to watch then!

I don't think it is Michelle from BB. It is Michelle Thorne from The Adult Channel etc.

Isn't Michelle from BB a Fantasy Channel presenter now?

Saw the repeat of XFactor last night. Laughed my arse off. "You've ended me daughter's life!"

I also quite like it when they are really impressed by someone. You can always tell when they are putting someone through because they are just good enough and when they actually really like them. That 16 year old lad was a classic example, you could see the looks of shock on their faces when he started singing, because he was that good.

Isn't Michelle from BB a Fantasy Channel presenter now?

Saw the repeat of XFactor last night. Laughed my arse off. "You've ended me daughter's life!"

I also quite like it when they are really impressed by someone. You can always tell when they are putting someone through because they are just good enough and when they actually really like them. That 16 year old lad was a classic example, you could see the looks of shock on their faces when he started singing, because he was that good.

She is but it's Michelle Thorne that has made it to the finals of X Factor. Do a google search if you want to see a picture although make sure SafeSearch is on if you are at work.

My wife always maintains that, if you were any good, you wouldn't have to go on X-Factor to get "discovered".

It like a guy I used to know in London who worked for a model agency. They made a fortune out of people who were willing to pay to go onto their books, and there were fucking thousands of them, the ones who actually had a chance of making some money in modeling would either be signed up for free or would be paid to sign up.