rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Hierophant

This Xbox £80 Trade In For The 360

"trade ANY console and get upto £80 off the price of a 360... CORE pack..."

or something

"trade ANY console and get upto £80 off the price of a 360... CORE pack..."

or something

Except Gamecubes of course, because no one wants those...

This must be just a crazy rumour, I really can't see it happening.

Yes, but if we build this rumour up, Game will have to run the offer or look like they've gone back on their word.

Well, there's no harm in trying, is there? :P

Nah cos then people wouldn't have a Playstaion anymore and so would buy a PS3

fair point but aren't MS trying to make some ground on Sony this gen. The only way they can do that is by getting people to change sides.

I only just managed to sell my Xbox with 11 games and 5 controllers for £100. Gamestation only give £40 for the Xbox (or is it £60?) so either way I wonder what deal they will conjur up.

But £80 for just the console seems mighty generous either way.

I spoke to my local GAME yesterday and they said they would give £60 trade in for an Xbox against a 360.

So there you go. :P

Cool. I'm looking to off-load my dying-on-its-arse Xbox. If Halo:CE and Halo 2 work out of the box, I'll be getting a 360 just as a replacement Xbox with a bit of future-proofing built in. I wonder if you can play Halo 2 on Live on a 360 against Xbox owners?

I forgot I could get rid of one of my XBoxes... didn't think about it. Keep my chipped one for my bedroom I suppose and the 360 for the living room.

All of a sudden a launch buy doesn't feel quite so unappealing. £80 offer or otherwise.

I wonder if you can play Halo 2 on Live on a 360 against Xbox owners?

I bloody hope so. If I do get one on launch I'll be planning to carry on playing my xbox live games as normal

Nice, but what's that got to do with this thread?

Edit: Ok, you were replying to a previous post, so fair enough, but that's a bit off the topic at hand, which the £80 trade in deal.

It's not really off topic. The deal's nice, but if you can't play all your existing Xbox games on the 360 then you'll want to keep the original console, negating the deal.

However, as you can, then it's better.

My old Xbox is definitely getting traded. I'll be keeping a select few games and hoping they work with the 360. Still Xbox, 4 pads, various cables and about 12 games should add nicely to the 350 pounds of credit that I already have from previous clear-outs.

Microsoft want people to adopt the new hardware early and the deal with GAME is a sure-fire way of achieving that. If it is only for the core pack then that could limit things although I am sure there will be the HD available to buy seperately come launch day.

I'm wondering if it's worth selling my Xbox now in case there is no decent deal like this? When the 360 comes out there will be second hand Xboxes galore, there may be a big difference between getting rid now and getting rid in 2/3 months time. Of course that depends if GTA:SA on my PS2 can keep me going till the 360 launch.

The problem is we still don't know anything about the 360 launch. They've told us when it's out (before christmas) but I still don't know when it is actually out and they've told us how much it is (£280 for the useful pack) but I still don't know how much it is going to cost me (add on an extra pad maybe, a game or two, a Gold Live membership) and they've told us what the launch games are (for the 'launch window'), but I still don't know what games I can get on launch day. Jesus christ Microsoft.

Jesus christ Microsoft.

God fucking forbid they don't give you EVERY SINGLE DETAIL three months before launch!!! That would be AWFUL.

I forgot I could get rid of one of my XBoxes... didn't think about it. Keep my chipped one for my bedroom I suppose and the 360 for the living room.

Haha, me too. I've had my knackered old Xbox sitting gathering dust in it's box for weeks now.

I did say to my mate he could have it, but if Game are willing to give me £80 (or even £60) for it, I may have to renege on that offer...

I feel sorry for anyone who buys my crusty old Xbox though.

God fucking forbid they don't give you EVERY SINGLE DETAIL three months before launch!!! That would be AWFUL.

Well, it's pretty annoying yeah. When I'm buying something that's gonna cost upwards of £300 I'd like to have awhile to make my decision, and I'm going to need awhile to save up some money. If I don't have the info I need to make a decision I'll end up just waiting, and the longer I wait the closer we'll get to the PS3 launch and the more likely I'll be to spend my 360 money on a Sony machine.

It's not really off topic. The deal's nice, but if you can't play all your existing Xbox games on the 360 then you'll want to keep the original console, negating the deal.

However, as you can, then it's better.

Well it is, this thread is about the game £80 deal, backwards compatibility and all the other stuff is being dealt with, plenty of times, in the other threads. There's no point asking the same questions again in this thread is there? And I don't want to wade through a replica of the other threads to find out if this deal has been confirmed or not.

Oh fuck it, does anyone know if the 360 component lead scart adapter will be an rgb scart???!!?!?!??!?!?!!?

:P

Well it is, this thread is about the game £80 deal, backwards compatibility and all the other stuff is being dealt with, plenty of times, in the other threads. There's no point asking the same questions again in this thread is there? And I don't want to wade through a replica of the other threads to find out if this deal has been confirmed or not.

Calm down. Two posts (and two replies leading from it) won't kill you. I think it's pertinent to the discussion anyway - what use is the deal if you can't play your games on the new machine?

Well, it's pretty annoying yeah. When I'm buying something that's gonna cost upwards of £300 I'd like to have awhile to make my decision, and I'm going to need awhile to save up some money. If I don't have the info I need to make a decision I'll end up just waiting, and the longer I wait the closer we'll get to the PS3 launch and the more likely I'll be to spend my 360 money on a Sony machine.

That's just ridiculous. You have a VERY good idea how much it's all going to cost, within about £20-50 (depending on how much more stuff you'll buy), and therefore a close approximation of the percentage above £300 you'll have to spend (and save), and yet you're threatening to wait for the PS3 which may not even be out here for another 18 months when there are NO DETAILS AVAILABLE for the Sony, and all thanks to Microsoft not giving you every pricing detail RIGHT NOW?

I find that attitude ridiculous. And were I bothered to be inclined to get annoyed at such ridiculousness, I'm sure I'd be more annoyed than at Microsoft not letting me know if PGR3 is going to be £40 or £45 RRP.

Calm down. Two posts (and two replies leading from it) won't kill you. I think it's pertinent to the discussion anyway - what use is the deal if you can't play your games on the new machine?

Just trying to knock it on the head before all the same questions were asked AGAIN.

Personally even if Game accept chipped boxes mine is staying where it is due to mame snes9x and UAE.

Oh fuck it, does anyone know if the 360 component lead scart adapter will be an rgb scart???!!?!?!??!?!?!!?

:P

Nobody knows anything official, but according to someone in another thread it would be "impossible".

That's just ridiculous. You have a VERY good idea how much it's all going to cost, within about £20-50 (depending on how much more stuff you'll buy), and therefore a close approximation of the percentage above £300 you'll have to spend (and save), and yet you're threatening to wait for the PS3 which may not even be out here for another 18 months when there are NO DETAILS AVAILABLE for the Sony, and all thanks to Microsoft not giving you every pricing detail RIGHT NOW?

I find that attitude ridiculous. And were I bothered to be inclined to get annoyed at such ridiculousness, I'm sure I'd be more annoyed than at Microsoft not letting me know if PGR3 is going to be £40 or £45 RRP.

Fair point about the waiting for a PS3 thing (especially since no matter what I say now I know I'll end up with both by this time next year, assuming the PS3 is even out then), that was a 'minor' (ahem) exaggeration on my part. My problem is I'm a planner, so it annoys me when I don't have much information to make decisions on. The vaguer their announcements, the vaguer my decision ability is, and everything they say has some element of vagueness in it at the moment.

Conceded though, there's still 3 months until it arrives, I just get excited too quickly. Did it with the GC launch too, I ended up getting a Japanese machine (on the not-so-cheap) before they'd announced a bloody thing about a Euro launch (*humps Bill Gates' leg for a worldwide launch*), regretted that one hell of a lot.

So yes, I'll calm down and wait patiently. And scraping back towards the topic, £80 does seem generous, though whatever they're giving you it's still better than nothing. I for one will probably have no use for my old Xbox once I get a 360. The main problem will be lugging the big ass Xbox down to my local Game.

this is excellent news if true. My xbox gave up the ghost last week.

The disk drive is fine and works for about 5 mins and then goes mental.

Even if they checked it (which I sincerely doubt), the likely thing is it would work fine for the length of the test.

I would feel kinda bad for the person who bought the thing but they can always get their money back from game at a later date.