rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zappster

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

The third case is really funny, isn't it? "Hold it, old bag! Err, Ms. Oldbag!"

I wub this game!

It must be a faily easy game to code, right?  I'd like to see lots of simple, well-written games like this on the DS.  Including a ressurection of the point and click.

On that note: any chance of a new Monkey Island adventure, or is the team all dissipated and the rights belong to an obscure off-shoot that no longer exist?

:(

:(

:wacko:

B)  My highest bid would be about 55 pounds though.

BAS... I was going to take it to 40, but decided against it with the shipping charge.

I hates you forever...

Wait til you get to the l33t-speak

:rolleyes:

Fantastic stuff. I love the way he added a sad face at the end of one of his lines. "I didn't get to finish my lunch! :)"

this is easily my best game on the DS so far, although I suspect it will be finished by the end of the week as I am now on the 4th case.

Also need to finish it so I can concentrate on the other gems that are ontheir way to me

this is easily my best game on the DS so far, although I suspect it will be finished by the end of the week as I am now on the 4th case.

Also need to finish it so I can concentrate on the other gems that are ontheir way to me

Ah, but the 5th case is enormous, and involves lots of funky new tricks for the DS version - plus animations and 3D examination of objects in your court record.

Awesome entertainment.

Ah, but the 5th case is enormous, and involves lots of funky new tricks for the DS version - plus animations and 3D examination of objects in your court record.

Awesome entertainment.

True. Best part of the game, that. And it's probably as long as Cases 3 and 4 put together.

The

security video

is particularly excellent.

I've just started case 5 and am very happy to hear it will be a long one as I want this game to last as long as possible. It gets better with each case, the 4th one really was superb.

I've heard good things about case 5, can't wait to see for myself

Just investigating before day 1 of the 4th trial atm

Well, I've finished now, and I'm sad. I'd really like some more of this sort of thing, it's right up my street. Case 4 was the high point for me. Case 5 is indeed satisfyingly long and complicated, with lots more puzzles and some cool DS features. Maybe because it was a bit more difficult, but I was reduced to a bit more trial and error to solve some of the puzzles, but when you were on the rght wavelength with the puzzle-setters it was just great.

Anyone know how I delete the completion data on the DS cart? I don't want the game to be spoiled for my wife by the pictures on the cleared cases (but let's face it, the identities of the villains throughout are as obvious as in the average episode of Scooby Doo).

Someone give me a hint! I'm near the end of Case 3 (I presume).

I nearly had the producer, but she insists I need 'proof' to 'prove' it. The bitch! I just can't see what proof I have. She killed the guy, her and the director drove the body to Studio One, but I can't figure it out. It's something to do with the fact she went back to get her script, surley?

Give me a hint! Or not. I don't really want to go to GameFAQs as it would defeat the whole point of the game. A hint won't do that. Oh no!

Someone give me a hint!  I'm near the end of Case 3 (I presume).
If you're at the point I think you are then:

Keep on pushing her about why she didn't have her script with her. Look very carefully at the last reason she settles on... That's where you can catch her out.

I nearly had the producer, but she insists I need 'proof' to 'prove' it.  The bitch!  I just can't see what proof I have.  She killed the guy, her and the director drove the body to Studio One, but I can't figure it out.  It's something to do with the fact she went back to get her script, surley?

Give me a hint!  Or not.  I don't really want to go to GameFAQs as it would defeat the whole point of the game.  A hint won't do that.  Oh no!

You're on the right lines. You just need to get her to testify again and then keep pressing her, specifically about the thing you mentioned. Why did she have to do that?

You are on the correct track about her leaving the script behind.... Why did she leave it?

Am on the final day of case 4 now. Great entertainment! I was going to steer clear of this after the somewhat lacklustre reviews, but this thread, combined with a great price, gave me an urge to give it a go.

Yes, it is now one of my favourite games of the year! I love how it makes you feel really clever with subtle hints, before explaining just why that evidence you tentatively submitted as a contradiction was vital after all.

Another one I think I'll miss when it's finished, can't see it having great replay value unfortunately. Maybe if I left it for a couple of years?

got this recently. and it really is superb. great dialgue (mostly), it's really funny in parts, and amusing characters. well thought out puzzles, and it really feels very satsifying when you get a contradiction in a testimony, or a "not guilty" verdict - like being columbo and quincy and james stewart in anatomy of a murder and henry fonda in twelve angry men all in one. maybe it's because of the way the music goes all upbeat and exciting when you're on a roll, getting the blood pumping.

i'm on case 4 too - the first couple of cases are quite short but it's got quite difficult now. i lost all my lives on the second witness. cracking plot twist too!

also have to mention the interface - it's the only ds game so far that i find can be played reliably with just a finger, which somehow makes it more involving. hope to see lots more point and click/adventure games for the ds.

got this recently.  and it really is superb.  great dialgue (mostly), it's really funny in parts, and amusing characters. well thought out puzzles, and it really feels very satsifying when you get a contradiction in a testimony, or a "not guilty" verdic

Ditto-tastic.

I love this game. SUPARBEST.

Gah! Started playing this with the g/f - naturally, she loves it, so now I have it sitting here and can't play it (for fear of being lynched...) until I see her again in 2 weeks time...

I just met that Director guy who keeps speaking 1337. I nearly pissed myself with laughter.

This game really is great. :ph34r:

Really enjoying the game. Just recently completed Case 3 and have now just begun the fourth case. Great fun. Good change of pace from everything else I've been playing as of late.

Finished it last week. Great game. Zero replayability though which is a shame cos I want more!!

Thought they did a good job on the 5th case.

just finished it on my lunch break at work.

I demand a sequel

I finished it yesterday and waaaagh there is now a huge hole in my gaming life. Strange that a game with so many hand-holding moments, occasional moments of random clicking frustration, and only about 4 images (let alone animations) or the main characters can become one of the most memorable, rewarding and involving games I've played in years. An absolute classic, and I can't wait for the sequel next year.

I finished it yesterday and waaaagh there is now a huge hole in my gaming life. Strange that a game with so many hand-holding moments, occasional moments of random clicking frustration, and only about 4 images (let alone animations) or the main characters can become one of the most memorable, rewarding and involving games I've played in years. An absolute classic, and I can't wait for the sequel next year.

Well said. Thats exactly how I feel. I also finished it yesterday and I really didn't want to put it down and I really feel like going straight into something similar. :(

More, more, encore etc.