rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zappster

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Looks like some of the characters in the DS edition featured in the GBA games.

They're probably familiar because PW is a remake of the original Gyakuten Saiban GBA game.

ha ve you read the eurogamer review of the japanese one?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61227

most importently...

"There are at least ten hours of play up until the end credits, and even then there's a little (read: very big) extra bonus. Well, ok, a vast, epic bonus. Another entire story has been written for the DS version, lasting about as long as the rest put together. Astonishing. The bumper extra even implements new features, such as a 3D inventory and DS gimmicks like blowing on the mic to dust for prints. It's like being cuddled by fun."

then....

"Unavailable in this useless, stinking country, it can be imported from the States. And if you've a spark of joy at the gleefully daft within you, you'll do so. Now I only have to learn Japanese so I can play the others in the series." (is this about the game or that extra mode???

Is that in the usa version? ive not read any usa reviews that menion that...

anyway i hope capcom decide to release the GBA ones over here to cash in on the micro..

The fifth chapter is indeed included in the US version, and is great fun (though I'm still on the first day of the trial, owing to my DS being flat (and a friend having borrowed my charger... and lost it ;))

They're probably familiar because PW is a remake of the original Gyakuten Saiban GBA game.

Ah yes, so it is. Good news then: hopefully Phoenix Wright will be enough of a success to mean 2 and 3 will get an English translation too. I'd certainly welcome more of the same.

I think it's a wonderful idea implemented really really badly. When the gameplay sometimes consists of hitting the "Press" button until an event is triggered it's pretty poor in my book.

Still definitely worth getting, because the stories are damn interesting and I'm in love with the concept, but I found myself battling the gameplay more than the game itself.

I think it's a wonderful idea implemented really really badly.  When the gameplay sometimes consists of hitting the "Press" button until an event is triggered it's pretty poor in my book.

Still definitely worth getting, because the stories are damn interesting and I'm in love with the concept, but I found myself battling the gameplay more than the game itself.

I'm not sure how you're battling the gameplay. It's really simple and straightforward. I can understand how you could argue that there's not very much gameplay, and that you're basically clicking through screens in a not-very-interactive fashion, but I don't have much of a problem with what there is.

Like in all graphic adventures, you sometimes get a bit stuck, and end up pressing the witness on everything, presenting all the evidence you have, talking to everyone about everything at random until the next bit unlocks, but that's the same for every game in the genre.

After getting stuck on Case 3... after the first court session. I finally 'stumbled' in to the right place. There was much frustration as I'd previously spent ages doing the old Point 'n' Click, try everything with everything. But getting passed that section was such a reward.

Meeting the director, with all his r0x0r l33t sp34k. That has to be one of the funnest pieces of writing in any game. I was lay in bed at the time, and I tried to explain my giggles to the missus, but she didn't get it.

It wasn't just the speech, it's also his facial expressions, comical genius.

I got this game on Tuesday. I'm on the 5th Chapster already :|

I love this game!

Also, roskelld, did you pick up on this?

The fact that the Steel Samurai's motto was "For great justice!"

That made me laugh so hard!

After getting stuck on Case 3... after the first court session. I finally 'stumbled' in to the right place. There was much frustration as I'd previously spent ages doing the old Point 'n' Click, try everything with everything. But getting passed that section was such a reward.

Meeting the director, with all his r0x0r l33t sp34k. That has to be one of the funnest pieces of writing in any game. I was lay in bed at the time, and I tried to explain my giggles to the missus, but she didn't get it.

It wasn't just the speech, it's also his facial expressions, comical genius.

Too true. One of the funniest bits in any game I've played, certainly.

I love this game!

zw17.gif

ha haa

I didn't... too much laughing at the ROFLs and the WTFs

my copy is apparently waiting for me at home, can't wait to get stuck into once I get in from work :P

I'm only on the second day of the trail on case two, and I already think it's the best thing I've played in ages. It's wonderful!

think I am upto the same point as you know Shoes, just about to do some more investigating as instructed by the Judge.

This game is a breath of fresh air :P

My copy turned up today!

Onto the 2nd chapter. Liking what I've seen so far. The final stages of the 1st trial were actually quite exciting, even though I was kind of led through it!

I love this game!

Did you notice the A Few Good Men reference?

HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I did the first trial yesterday and was completely and utterly absorbed.

Ive passed it over to my little sister whos just gone through the first two trials as I knew she'd really enjoy it. There is just so much satisfaction involved in it.

Going to take my time with it though and make the five trials last. Its already going to be very sad when its over.

It's the kind of game anyone could play, isn't it? Not just gaming nerds like us. I've got a hard-on for a Revolution version!

I've got a hard-on for a Revolution version!

If we could do all that dramatic pointing and hand slamming on the bench ourselves i'm all for it!

I've just finished case two. Man, what a rush! I owned that White prick.

But there was a bit I was annoyed with: the receipt with 'Maya' on it. I wanted to turn it around and see what it was when I first picked it up.

It must be a faily easy game to code, right? I'd like to see lots of simple, well-written games like this on the DS. Including a ressurection of the point and click.

Currently on the second investigation day on Case 3. Loving this game badly. Don't want to put it down but don't want to finish it either.

The DS :wub: ing just keeps on growing :D

Currently on the second investigation day on Case 3.  Loving this game badly.  Don't want to put it down but don't want to finish it either.

I'm at that point too, I got GTA:LCS on the same day and I haven't even opened it yet - this has kept me glued. It's so charming and lovable, one of the best translations outside of Nintendo too - genuinely amusing in places.

The game is an absolute joy, one of my favourite DS games yet.

I'm at that point too, I got GTA:LCS on the same day and I haven't even opened it yet - this has kept me glued.  It's so charming and lovable, one of the best translations outside of Nintendo too - genuinely amusing in places.

The game is an absolute joy, one of my favourite DS games yet.

I concur.