Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

I believe it's content that was originally cut, and then added back in by the patch. I think. 

I can just noclip through it and explore that way. :lol:

I will say, the combat is absolutely abysmal, even for its time. 

Oh yeah, that's the plus plus option of the fanpatch isn't it? Yeah, now that you mention it, I only ever played the version that fixed everything and (iirc) added needed stuff to the already existing stuff. But not the kut content, which I assumed is called kut for a reason. Not the new areas and stuff. That may be why the usual playstyle doesn't work if it's made by fans. I'm relieved that you clarified abd it's not me getting old and forgetting stuff.

Also, now that we're here:

I'M SO GODDAMN EXCITED AND OVER THE MOON HYPE FOR BLOODLINES 2!!!!!

Everyone except me* is all like "omg can you believe Shenmue 3 is a reality" or "OMG we're actually getting a new Half Life how crazy is that", but to be brutally honest I'm just a bit amused at best at the mention of those titles. But Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2??! Now that is MY Shenmue 3/Half Life 3! Can't wait :wub:

*Well, except me and @Wiper probably :)

I think I'm going to finally get off my backside and play this (by sitting on my backside) so I can participate in the hype for the sequel next year!

The old links in this thread seem to be dead but am I right in thinking this www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch is the patch I want? And that if it's my first time through it's probably best to stick to the "basic" version of the patch?

Are any other mods or anything recommended? Thanks for any help

1 hour ago, chamberlago said:

I think I'm going to finally get off my backside and play this (by sitting on my backside) so I can participate in the hype for the sequel next year!

The old links in this thread seem to be dead but am I right in thinking this www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch is the patch I want? And that if it's my first time through it's probably best to stick to the "basic" version of the patch?

Are any other mods or anything recommended? Thanks for any help

Use this one for a first playthrough:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/news/unofficial-patch-105-released

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Everyone except me* is all like "omg can you believe Shenmue 3 is a reality" or "OMG we're actually getting a new Half Life how crazy is that", but to be brutally honest I'm just a bit amused at best at the mention of those titles. But Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2??! Now that is MY Shenmue 3/Half Life 3! Can't wait :wub:

*Well, except me and @Wiper probably :)

Alas: I'm afraid that Shenmue III was my, er, Shenmue III; not a slight in Vampire: The Masquerade, simply that Shenmue meant the continuation of a story I thought forever stalled, whereas VTM2 "just" means a new game in a series with massive promise.

Still extremely excited for VTM2, of course! 

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh yeah, that's the plus plus option of the fanpatch isn't it? Yeah, now that you mention it, I only ever played the version that fixed everything and (iirc) added needed stuff to the already existing stuff. But not the kut content, which I assumed is called kut for a reason. Not the new areas and stuff. That may be why the usual playstyle doesn't work if it's made by fans. I'm relieved that you clarified abd it's not me getting old and forgetting stuff.

With that in mind I now have a question regarding Nines...

Spoiler

Before entering the mansion, where LaCroix tasked me with finding Grout, I saw Nines outside, he briefly said hello before taking off. I eventually found Grout in the mansion, dead. When I got back to Downtown, all options led to telling LaCroix (who's stringing me along) that Nines was at the mansion, thus hinting at Nines killing Grout. 

This is leading to LaCroix putting out a Bloodhunt on Nines. 

That seems a pretty big plot point... how is that handled in the original game.

In other news, I completely forgot about the fangirl I saved and told to wait for me at my apartment. I thought I'd best check in on her before heading to Hollywood ... you've done what? :lol:

Right, I've played this enough to feel I can post some qualified comments on this game. If ever a game was "of its time" it's this. Every aspect of this game has not aged well. At all. None more-so than the fact it was clearly produced by a primarily male team of basement-dwelling uber-creeps who'd never seen a naked woman other than on the internet ... whom in fairness at least had the self awareness to acknowledge that fact. 

This game is tragic. The gameplay is appalling, the gunplay is appalling, the writing is average (and hilariously sexist - time of month joke, anyone?), the lore ... okay the background story about the clans, sects, the whole setup is indeed rather good for a vampire story, credit where it's due. But I thought this game would allow me to talk my way out of most encounters, my experience has been the opposite. I'm at the Chang brothers, my Persuasion stat is 10. I'm a smooth-talking motherfucker. I have to fight them. Earlier on, with the Tzimisce, I thought I'd be able to talk my way out of that encounter. I had to fight him and those "hilarious" little monsters. FFS! Thank fuck for god mode!

You guys are wearing hubble-grade rose-tinted specs.