Gameboy Games On Ebay

Atari7800boy

videogameauctions.com remove pirate gba games immediately, We've already had to remove quite alot even in the early stages of the site.

There are two problems with ebay, 1 they are too big and don't check everything as they have too many categories to go through and have staff that don't understand the difference, 2 they don't care and would rather take their fees.

I was trying to get some gba games off ebay recently but literally 99% of them were bootlegs. Being pissed off and not wanting dodgy shit i contacted nintendo australia to try and report some of the sellers. Nintendo Australia themselves told me there is nobody in australia that looks after Piracy of their titles and i must contact Nintendo America in writing..... so basically i can pirate as many nintendo games as i want now because they've told me themselves they simply couldn't give a fuck. :unsure:

If you are careful, and know what to look for, then you can games nice and cheap. The sheer amount of piracy on there is incredible. I guess, for eBay, trying to anything about it would be almost impossible.

I sold a game on there a few months ago and someone PM'd me saying that my price was too high and asked if I'd reduce it for a quick sale. They linked to another auction, which was a half the cost, had a box shot taken from Game's website (or similar), was being posted from Hong Kong etc etc etc I told them I wouldn't be reducing the price and that, if I was them, I'd be careful about buying from that seller.

How many people would report the seller to EBay anyway ? The moral of the story, do not buy a box and cart only seller. Do not pay a high price for a game that you may think is a fake anyway, unless you want it !

BTW At last weekends boot, I came across a bootleg Pokemon. The box had no gold seal, and fell apart in my hands...