IGNORED

Saturn Emu's Then

Dimahoo

All I need now is a joypad - is this N64/PS2 joypad convertor any good: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...products_id=93&

It's the only N64 convertor I know of and N64 games just wouldn't be right with a different controller

I've got one of those. The PS pad conversion is fine, but the N64 analogue stick doesn't work properly. Apparently it's a driver issue in XP.

There used to be an N64 USB-converter called the Adaptoid. I know Project 64 specifically supported it, so you could save/load to an actual N64 memory card. I don't think they make them anymore tho'...

Anyway, the above converter is naff for N64 control!

I've used this a lot in the past, heres what I found with Cassini (that I can remember)

Xmas Nights - little slow, seems to work ok though.

Burning Rangers - No chance, big graphical errors.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Wonderful, full speed, no glitches.

Shining Force 3 - A little slow, very very minor glitches.

Story of Thor 2 - Fine, few glitches, but entirely playable.

Shining the Holy Ark - fine

Shining Wisdom - Also fine

Guardian heroes - I found this to be 100% perfect, even the slowdown we get if you play it on a real saturn :)

I think that's all I played. Course now i've got the real deal :)

Oh, and in my experience, the Cassini emulator is the best out there by far.

But it hasnt really changed any of the GiriGiri code, just made the frontend more reliable. (GiriGiri used to crash for me ALL THE TIME)

Bah, NiGHTS doesn't work (jp)

PAL NiGHTS works, if a little slow

I've got one of those. The PS pad conversion is fine, but the N64 analogue stick doesn't work properly. Apparently it's a driver issue in XP.

There used to be an N64 USB-converter called the Adaptoid. I know Project 64 specifically supported it, so you could save/load to an actual N64 memory card. I don't think they make them anymore tho'...

Anyway, the above converter is naff for N64 control!

Really? I'll see if I can find any more info on this Adaptoid. Thanks

Had a look for details on the Adaptoid - it's no longer available anywhere except eBay. There's one there with 1 bid at £16.99 which is a bit more than i wanted to pay and it'll probably rise in price.

I may just risk the other adaptor as after reading reviews and such it all depends on your N64 controller. In the very least it will be a good PS2 convertor which would be useful for other emulators.

"if you want fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...and sing like a gaaaaaaaaaay"

"what you is neeeeeeeeeeeeeed.... is the Neoplay!" Ding!

"Byyyyyyyy JOYTECH!!!!!!!!©".

I still have no idea what that means or what relevance it has in this thread ;)

Afterbirth is on about this, the crazy, crazy fool.

;) I should make more ad songs.

Thing is, if the Emu doesn't support the pad - it matters not as the pad supports a keyboard! So assign to keys instead (because EVERYTHING PC supports keys).

The only reason i don't use a USB convertor anymore is because whilst they work in most things, they can be tempremental in proper PC games*

*well, mine is, as was the one Game used to sell.

Thing is, if the Emu doesn't support the pad - it matters not as the pad supports a keyboard! So assign to keys instead (because EVERYTHING PC supports keys).

The only reason i don't use a USB convertor anymore is because whilst they work in most things, they can be tempremental in proper PC games

Ah, that's when you need to use JoyToKey to sort it all out.

Had a look for details on the Adaptoid - it's no longer available anywhere except eBay.  There's one there with 1 bid at £16.99 which is a bit more than i wanted to pay and it'll probably rise in price.

I may just risk the other adaptor as after reading reviews and such it all depends on your N64 controller.  In the very least it will be a good PS2 convertor which would be useful for other emulators.

Yeah, understandable - they're not easy to come by these days.

I basically just use the cheapy one for PS2 pads. There is a "fix" for the N64-pad issue around here somewhere. I tried something similar without any success, but like you say it possibly depends on pad as well.

Worth a try for a tenner, eh?

I can't get JoytoKey to work. Not authorised or cannot be found.

Oh yeah, their website's suddenly got a forbidden error on it. I think that's what you meant. It was working when I linked it. Boo!

Ah well, shouldn't be too difficult to find a download mirror.

EDIT: Here's one