Car Bootage 7th August

super_quincy

Sonic Scalextric style racing game £2

Would that be a Sonic the Hedgehog Turbo Challenge Race Set by any chance?

I picked up one of these a couple of weeks back (Linkage) and can find almost no info on it. I've not got a clue if its actually worth anything or not.

If it was collectable I'd be tempted to either keep it (I'm a hoarder) or ebay it. If its common as muck and worthless I know a young Sonic fan who'd love it but not look after it.

Are those T16 games worth anything?  On my first tour round i saw them and passed them by as i thought they where some rubbish story cassettes.  When i got back and had a second look i asked if they had the console at which point the woman stall holder looked at me as if i had asked to eat her first born.

I'd say Ys can go for a fair bit to the right people. Big RPG, collectors love it.

Either way, the price you bought it for, it's a great bargain if you keep them, and I'm fairly certain you can make a small tidy profit off them. A local importer near me was selling crappy hu-card games for £20 each! :)

I'd say Ys can go for a fair bit to the right people. Big RPG, collectors love it.

Either way, the price you bought it for, it's a great bargain if you keep them, and I'm fairly certain you can make a small tidy profit off them. A local importer near me was selling crappy hu-card games for £20 each! :)

Had a closer look at these games last night, two of them are completly sealed as new and the other two have the outer boxes open but the CD cases are still sealed.

Edit Ys is sealed :)

Would that be a Sonic the Hedgehog Turbo Challenge Race Set by any chance?

I picked up one of these a couple of weeks back (Linkage) and can find almost no info on it. I've not got a clue if its actually worth anything or not.

If it was collectable I'd be tempted to either keep it (I'm a hoarder) or ebay it. If its common as muck and worthless I know a young Sonic fan who'd love it but not look after it.

Yeah it was that set,i aint opened it up yet so it might not be all there but its a good addition to my video game collection.

Had a closer look at these games last night, two of them are completly sealed as new and the other two have the outer boxes open but the CD cases are still sealed.

Ys is sealed :(

You jammy cad. :(

In that case, a bloody nice haul indeed!

You realise that inside it's not CDs, but small credit-card sized "Hu-cards". No matter, since as you know, sealed games, of any description are of value to someone. You are most likely to get a good deal selling them to an American gamer, since the machine was fairly big over there. As far as I know the PC Engine only found it's way to Europe (France) in a small batch for market testing.

Good lord, I wonder where the seller got them? Must have a good story behind them, Im sure.

Well done! :)

Oh, my mistake, I never looked very closely at the corner of the box in the image.

It's just that the CD games normally have "Turbo Duo" written on their boxes, plus TG16 games also come in CD style cases, so I made an assumption.

I'm no NEC expert! I only have a Japanese system with JPN Hu-Cards + Super CDs, which may have slightly different packaging to the US games. All my CD games have the "Super CD" logo on them too.

heh, yeah, you are right. I did a quick check, Ys books 1+2 come on CD. :D

Sorry for the mistake.

Well picked up the following

- 3 SNES systems with 2 x Mario all stars, Donkey Kong Country and a few bootleg carts

- 1 Saturn and very good condition games (10). This saturn is a different model than I currently have so happy about that. Also everything boxed. 10quid

- 3 Gameboy games 5 quid

- N64 with load of games 5 quid

Turned down expensive boxed SNES > 10quid

A man wanted 5 quid each for unboxed gameboy games !

Went to two car boots last sunday (my first for awhile) and they were both naff.

Its getting to the point where almost everything can be picked up cheaper at Gamestation or from ebay.

One bloke wanted £25 for Vandalhearts 2 and £15 each for FF7-9. I mean, whats the bloody point - he should try ebay for fucks sake! Funnily enough, he didn't seem to be selling much. I recently got FF8 for £4 off ebay and FF9 for £1 from a car boot.

I bought just one game - Mickeys Magical Mirror for the GC for £5 and a couple of graphic novels for £1.50 each.

All they seem to be full of is Fifa and racing games recently. Might venture a bit further from home to see if other areas are better.

Well picked up the following

- 3 SNES systems with 2 x Mario all stars, Donkey Kong Country and a few bootleg carts

- 1 Saturn and very good condition games (10). This saturn is a different model than I currently have so happy about that. Also everything boxed. 10quid

- 3 Gameboy games 5 quid

- N64 with load of games 5 quid

Jammy bastard, cant belive the price of the Saturn and N64.