IGNORED

Car Bootage 7th August

super_quincy

Just a question for you guys, exctally how many bluddy car boot sales do you go too?... and how big are they?

The only one I go too is quite near me since I don't have a car.

And is it just me or do you guys buy consoles that you allready have ;) If you do then how come?

Today I got Medal of Honor double pack (has the first 2 games in it) and Oddworld Abes Oddesye. Also got 3 DVDs and a CD. All of it came to only £5 ;)

About the kiddy haggling thing: I allways haggle (unless its a good price allready) and if theres a kid there it dosent stop me, because really kids would haggle the price down as much as adults would.

Anyway, priceage of purchases:

Medal Of Honour: £2>£1

Abes Oddeyse: £1

Cartoon Network Promotional Disc 2: £1

Best of Mike Myers: £2>£1

Pirates of the Carriban 50p (but was missing case and 2nd disc)

The Darkness (Single) 50P

That is an amazing haul rat boy, especially those TG16 games. Very nice indeed. Whereabouts was that carboot?

That would be telling, it only runs for a couple of months a year and there is no competition, so i have a nice stroll in the early morning sunshine. Plus this week i had the added benefit of seeing a nubile young female trying some trousers on in the middle of the car boot (big green knickers ;) ).

Are those T16 games worth anything? On my first tour round i saw them and passed them by as i thought they where some rubbish story cassettes. When i got back and had a second look i asked if they had the console at which point the woman stall holder looked at me as if i had asked to eat her first born.

Badger may want the Mega-CD or i may keep it as i only have a Mega CD 2.

arrrggghhh, teh GX4000 console!!!!

i bought mine for a fiver from a boot sale about 2 years ago, i could never get shot of it on ebay.

after about 4 or 5 listings i finally got 4.99 for it ;)

Good haul though, especially the bongos and DK for a tenner

Think it was decided, eventually, that most of us who buy the same consoles do it because people often won't split what they are selling and they can be traded in at GameStation/sold on eBay and put towards other gaming goodies.

Still compiling your huge list of bargains?

Hehe ;)

Sunday was the day of rubbish PS1, MD and N64 games, they were out in force. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be able to buy anything nice :wacko: Once I got to the second boot sale, things started happening in a big way.

I choose carefully and bought the following:

rllmuk33.jpg

rllmuk34.jpg

rllmuk35.jpg

GAMEBOY

Original console + 11 games (all loose) - £15 the lot

3 games (all loose) - £7 the lot

PS1 : 43 games, some VERY nice titles - £78 the lot

NINTENDO 64 : 6 games (loose) + 1 game (complete) - £12 the lot

MEGADRIVE : 6 games - £12 the lot

AMIGA : 2 games - £1 the lot

GAMECUBE : Wario World (finally got this game - why is this still £22 in the shops?) + Animal Crossing (all complete) - £9 each

GAME GEAR : Console (loose) + 9 seriously mint (complete) games + 2 loose games - £8 the lot

GAMECUBE : Console (loose) + Mario Kart + Zelda CE + Soul Calibur (discs only WTF) - £15, the 2 pads have been thrown away, they were broken beyond repair

SATURN : Console + Cables + 2 Pads etc + a big old fashion stack of very average games - £3 the lot

SNES : Console + Cables + 2 Pads (no power supply) + 4 games - £5

PC : 6 games - £10 the lot

JOB LOT

N64 Super Smash Bros + Goldeneye + Zelda OOT + SNES Total Carnage (all loose) – 50p each, was happy to pay their FULL asking price!

OTHER THINGS

Couple of Guides, and a load of other stuff you won’t be interested to hear about…

One of the reasons I did this well, was because most of the competition stayed at home, well except the one in the passenger seat…

Enjoy

Was talking to the girlfriend about you, CBSK, and she's wondering where you keep all this stuff! :(

Its all stacked up nice and tidy in the spare room in boxes, I just don't have room to have it all out.

My parents have plenty of spare room at their place, and they are happy for me to leave some there - again, as long as its tidy.

Spent a load of money on stacker boxes a few years back, just helps to keep everything organised etc

I am going to have to clear some stuff out soon though, as its getting beyond a joke. You must have a fair bit of kit at your place Benito?

Will you be doing any winter booting Mr Benito Sir?

Might as well make the most of booting another 6-8 weeks and that is me finished going every week. I think 1 week in 3 will be fine over the winter.

I am going to have to clear some stuff out soon though, as its getting beyond a joke. You must have a fair bit of kit at your place Benito?

Will you be doing any winter booting Mr Benito Sir?

Might as well make the most of booting another 6-8 weeks and that is me finished going every week. I think 1 week in 3 will be fine over the winter.

Certainly do! Every spare cupboard, wardrobe and draw is packed full of everything from Super Nintendos to Worm Lights. The girlfriend is not a big fan of this but I have promised to have a really good sort through in the autumn and sell/trade in anything that I don't need.

I was thinking about this yesterday. The boots around here tend to run on well into October, depending on the weather, and so there's a fair bit of time left. The main one, in the morning, is hard-standing and an all-year-round thing. However, getting up at 6am with no further boots to visit afterwards means it's unlikely I'll be going too often. There was a really good one in a nearby town that was squeezed out by the bigger bootsales once the summer came but I am hoping it will re-appear once the weather turns, as it can be held indoors.

Checked around and the only boot sales near me is one in Thornaby Aerodome (or hyperdome some crap like that) and one near my college every Sunday morning. I'll check them out sometime soon an see if theirs any bargains to be had (I'm not holding my breath though).

Checked around and the only boot sales near me is one in Thornaby Aerodome (or hyperdome some crap like that) and one near my college every Sunday morning. I'll check them out sometime soon an see if theirs any bargains to be had (I'm not holding my breath though).

If you don't go, you won't know :(

Those boot sales might be proper safe for mint boxed Vectrex etc etc

Enjoy :(

If you don't go, you won't know :(

Those boot sales might be proper safe for mint boxed Vectrex etc etc

Enjoy :(

I have no idea what a Vectrex is and seeing as the sales are in Middlesbrough I can see the stall's being populated by copies and rubbish overpriced PS2 driving games.

Anyway I'll mostly be on the lookout for Psone, GC and Megadrive games and Snes and N64 consoles with games, all for myself to play mind, not to put on ebay or anything.

I have no idea what a Vectrex is and seeing as the sales are in Middlesbrough I can see the stall's being populated by copies and rubbish overpriced PS2 driving games.

Anyway I'll mostly be on the lookout for Psone, GC and Megadrive games and Snes and N64 consoles with games, all for myself to play mind, not to put on ebay or anything.

The Vectrex is a thing of beauty :P .

Behold the wonder.

Or not. That's not exactly the most flattering site :lol:

Anyone go to any mid-week car boots? I did my first today and it was HUGE. But loads of dealers and had a different atmosphere to the weekend ones.

I got:-

3 ps1 games(Rescue Heroes,Alundra 2 and Excalibur)£1 each,everyone else wanted £4 a games!

2 Lucasarts original big box games Full Throttle and Hit The Road £1 each

Sonic Scalextric style racing game £2

Boxed NES £8

Mario Brothers Movie Video

2 Prima guides

3 Jap Gamegear games £2 each Halley Wars,Woody Pop and Psychic World

1 Loose Game gear she assured was working at £4(i have 4 faulty ones at home)

1 Space Invaders LCD 2 player game £1.50

Nothing amazing but not a wasted journey.(pic does not show Sonic game as i left this in my car but it was quite tatty.

DSC08888.jpg

Nice haul. Unfortunately, I can't do mid-week boots as I have a fulltime job. However, I did pop into a huge one when I had a week off and was in Cornwall. Scarily...a number of the pikey traders from the boots near where I live were there :wub: Seems they spend their whole week just going to boots. No doubt making a tidy sum and also claiming benefit.

Well I do have a full time job,in fact i run my own action figure/retro games shop,but being a collector myself most of the stuff in the shop is duff! I was up at 7 and ready to open the shop at 9! The early bird does catch the worm remember! Although I did miss a boxed ZX80 Spectrum!