IGNORED

Car Bootage 7th August

super_quincy

Well obviously I`m first back today with this smallish selection...........

booty212.JPG

Loose SNES £2

Loose Donkey Kong Country 50p

Zelda & Mario - Boxed GB £1.50 the pair

Saturn (MK1) , Steering wheel, Wipeout,Virtua Fighter 2, SWS and Sega Rally £10

Boxed "Gold" Pack N64 with....er.....2 official gold pads :D and 12 games+Rumble/memory and expansion packs £10

And most random find of the day.....

Set of Atari paddles (top right, on N64 box) £2

How did you guys do?

I went to my first boot in ages today. Didn't feel compelled to buy anything but passed on the following:

Unboxed Game Boy Pocket (dirty & scratched screen) - £4

Unboxed Game Boy Color (dirty & scratched screen) - £5

Unboxed Mega Drive & 5 boxed games (Sonic 2, Mortal Kombat II, etc) - £5

Unboxed Master System II & 5 boxed games - £5

Tekken Tag (PS2) - £4

Some bloke was trying to sell some PS2 racing games (F1, ToCa, etc) for £10 each. Good luck to him!

I also saw an N-Gage, but didn't ask how much it was.

Loads today...

ybygjf.jpg

ybygj5.jpg

ybygjs.jpg

ybygj7.jpg

I know nothing about PS1 games but as a bloke offered me £20 for Castlevania as i was paying £3 for it i imagine it's worth more than that!! The only rule i have about PS1 games is if it's a Final Fantasy game or in a double box for a quid buy it. I never wanted to be one of those people who buy and sell for a profit on ebay but it makes my Atari addiction easier. :D

The most i spent today was £5 each for the Spectrum, games and all cables and £5 for the SNES and all hookups with 3 games. Everything else was 1 or 2 quid.

I went on Saturday to a local market, does that count? People selling old personal junk, quite often from car boots. The French equivalent probably.

Picked up a working Vectrex machine (+games) for €10, and Strider 2 on the PS1 for €4.

Castlevania with music CD but no artwork?

Hmm, I'd guess in the £40 range. Though you'd be mad to sell it before completing it first.

It's incredibly sought after, and deservedly so. With the artbook I'd say it could go as high as £70?

I dunno, eBay prices are normally so high I just bought the Japanese version for the music and art, and the US version for the language. Cost me less than £40 for the two online.

Castlevania with music CD but no artwork?

Hmm, I'd guess in the £40 range. Though you'd be mad to sell it before completing it first.

Aye, I paid £30 quid for mine. "As new" condition but missing the artwork book. Bit mad really - I know it's all beautiful artwork, but does it warrant paying £80-£90 quid for the game? Naaaaaah.

You'd possibly expect it to come down to £30 if the music CD was missing, but not a few piccies...it's madness!

I also bought the two other versions, and they're fucking better anyway. Gamers eh, what are we like? :D

My bits for the day....

boot070805.jpg

NES with games - £20 (Bit high, but never mind!)

SNES with All Stars, like new (apart from box!) - £6

Spectrum +3, complete - £11

GBA (screen is dodgy :) ) - £6

Stereo Skyfighters - £1.50

Glove (Completely mint) - £3

Pip, I have kinda the reverse to you with Castlevania, I have the game with the artwork book but no manual!!!

All I found was a box of C64 games:

508070013ts.jpg

Sorry about the rubbish pic, what's there is R-Type, Thunder Blade, Road Balsters, Renegade III, Cabal, Microprose Soccer, Street Fighter, Operation Wolf, Trivial Pursuit, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja

Cost £2 for all of them

I did see a very rude bloke trying to knock a boxed green N64 with loads of games down from a fiver because he reckoned it probably didn't work, the little lad selling it didn't know what to do. I was going to butt in and offer more but didn't have any cash anyway.

I did see a very rude bloke trying to knock a boxed green N64 with loads of games down from a fiver because he reckoned it probably didn't work, the little lad selling it didn't know what to do. I was going to butt in and offer more but didn't have any cash anyway.

That is awful, I would be pissed off if I saw that happening.

Some of the cretins I see will stand there really agressive trying to knock someone down from £1 to 80p when they know damn well item X its worth £12...

I never haggle with little kids, I pay what they are asking for their games, or I leave them.

In some cultures it's rude NOT to haggle.

Otrherwise your best bet for bargains is old people selling their kid's stuff. They will often sell their son's or grandson's entire games collections, often while they are Uni, for mere pocket change.

Not in our culture though, although thinking about it he was Asian so maybe you're right.

I'm personally English btw, I just like haggling for kicks. :)

I'd be too embarrassed to try and stitch up a 10 year old boy.

Doing that to a small kid is a bit rough. He probably just wanted some extra cash to buy games to play on his brother's PS2.

EDIT:

And a boxed N64 with plenty of games is worth a lot more than a fiver. Hell, a good game alone would go for that much or more.

Sorry if my innitial comment made you think I was accusing you. I never thought you were racist. Sorry if that was the impression I gave.

Good lord, I'm the last person who would attempt to be politically correct!

He may well have felt differently about such things.

Forums hey? It's always tricky to imply jest. I was only kidding about. :)

I will haggle, eg PS games that are £3 will suggest for a fiver and the like. However, I think you have to be considerate when it comes to kids, although you'd also think parents wouldn't leave a 10 year old manning a stall.

I got a few nice bits today but it was a bit depressing overall. Saw one of my main competition, a 50ish year old bloke who used to buy pottery and the like but now buys games, walking around the boot with a mint boxed SNES under his arm and a bag of games. Cried a little inside. :)

All I found was a box of C64 games:

%7Boption%7D

Sorry about the rubbish pic, what's there is R-Type, Thunder Blade, Road Balsters, Renegade III, Cabal, Microprose Soccer, Street Fighter, Operation Wolf, Trivial Pursuit, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts and Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja

Cost £2 for all of them

If you have a C64, I heartily recommend Microprose Soccer, as one of the best football games of its´time, and it still plays well today. It´s more of a ´quirky´game of football (as doing a slide tackle in the rain shows), but top fun all the same.

Sorry if my innitial comment made you think I was accusing you. I never thought you were racist. Sorry if that was the impression I gave.

Good lord, I'm the last person who would attempt to be politically correct!

He may well have felt differently about such things.

Forums hey? It's always tricky to imply jest. I was only kidding about. :)

No problem, it's difficult to tell sometimes. :)

2c647870.jpg

1bced001.jpg

Did okay today, a few bargains and a few bits that i may have paid to much for :)

Megadrive and Mega CD with all those games £40

Boxed Megadrive £3

Boxed Simon £1

Boxed Amstrad GX400O £4

Boxed Donkey Konga and Bongos - £10

Monkey Island games £1 each

Turbo Grafix games £1 for the lot

Grand Theft Auto special edition £1.50

Some intresting games with the Mega Cd including Night Trap :)

I bet CBSK cleaned up with this beautiful weather.

Oh and by the way those NES games look superb.

I bet CBSK cleaned up with this beautiful weather.

You had better believe it! I had good company, good weather and a coupe full of games - really enjoyed today.

Benito I am sorry to hear about your competition, sounds awful. Has happened to me quite a few times, you watch though a few dreadful MD bundles and they will be back to buying, pottery, sewing kits, buzz, woody etc

The CD buying boys were once again moaning, I was buying up CD's (the valuable type) purely to put on ebay - they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Regards

Rich, does the +3 drive work?

I have a +3 where the drive works, but have been told that the ULA is up the swanny which is why hardly anything works on it.

Rob

It does now!!! I had to replace the drive band as I have on my other one. ;) It doesn't look like it's been used much either.

I used to love that back in the day. Does it work properly?

Yeah it seems to work just fine :P I still have my machine from when I was a kid, good little game.