Zelda: Twilight Princess

McFly

Well I've just received this worrying email from Play.com, who I ordered the Cube version from a week or two ago:

--------------

Dear Customer,

Nintendo have just informed us of stock shortages on this item and we regret

that as a result we will be unable to supply your pre-ordered product at launch

As an Official distributor, Nintendo have guaranteed us more stock before

Christmas and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment this may cause

Kind Regards

--------------

:(:(

Hope it arrives before xmas...

'ning all! Me and a friend of mine have also received this email from play (even though I preordered at the start of October), I'm wondering how serious the problem is and if there's going to be a UK wide shortage? We're already kicking Plan B™ into action, we're doing a midnight trawl of the 24 hour Supermarkets tonight I believe.

Anyone outside of play.com had the same issues?

It's decided: I'm getting the Cube version, and I'm making it my Christmas Game.

I expect a beautiful swansong for the adorable little console.

Same here, ordered mine from VG+ as I have a US Cube floating about gathering dust, really really want to get the Wii and Zelda on that, but with an impending move on the cards right after Xmas I have to save all my pennies and just hope I can pick up a Wii in february...waiting is killing me :(

So, playing through Zelda twice will be on the cards! :(

Well I've just received this worrying email from Play.com, who I ordered the Cube version from a week or two ago:

--------------

Dear Customer,

Nintendo have just informed us of stock shortages on this item and we regret

that as a result we will be unable to supply your pre-ordered product at launch

As an Official distributor, Nintendo have guaranteed us more stock before

Christmas and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment this may cause

Kind Regards

--------------

:(:(

Hope it arrives before xmas...

I hope I get my gameplay copy! To be honest I wouldn't trust Play, they've screwed me too many times. Cancel the pre-order, that'll learn em!

They've become quite lazy lately, they turned off the Wiimote aiming because of a cursor they didn't like, or something.

I also was'nt a fan of the "Fairy" cursor, but is it an all or nothing thing? Can you switch it off & still have the red targeting circle for the Bow, for instance.

If not, guess i'll just live with it. Turning off Wiimote aiming just because of the cursor is silly IMO.

So Twilight Princes...is it as good as Wind Waker?

God I hope not. Otherwise I'll have to put up with my flat-mate whining about how shit it is until I have to murder him with his own Wii remote.

That said if it's better I'll have to put up with gushing stunted praise at every opportunity until I have to murder him with his own Wii remote.

I hope his pre-order's cancelled or I'm off to jail...

Gameplay states my Wii and Zelda are being picked (yay!) :(

Extra Wiimote (not so bothered) and component cable (REALLY bothered) are still at the pre-order stage however! :(

(edit: apologies for hijacking the thread with pre-order info, as I've JUST noticed the other rather large thread below.... er whoopsie B) )

Again, you're too caught up in the battle itself while playing the thing to care. I did think the same when I saw the videos, but like a lot of games, spectating is vastly different from playing.

Sounds like they were reaching for something bad to say about it then.

Also, they said:

Kakariko village is exactly the same as in OoT. But the Edge review said it had been re-imagined as a Wild West frontier town...

Got this today.

Now guys, I don't really want to harp on it, but it really does look pretty bad using a composite on a (my) HDTV.

I need the composite to play Wii Sports on a friend's TV, so I'll be waiting for the component before I continue with Zelda.

That is all.

Yeah the Gamecentral review was a bit confusing today. They start off by saying it would struggle to get into the top 5 Zeldas ever made. Uh-oh, I thought. Then they end it by giving it 9/10 and saying it was the game of the year. Hmmm.

Well, they could be saying that such is the quality of the franchise that even the 6th best Zelda ever is going to be the best game all year, but they could just be trying to be contrary.

But then, they've played it, and I haven't.

Well, they could be saying that such is the quality of the franchise that even the 6th best Zelda ever is going to be the best game all year, but they could just be trying to be contrary.

But then, they've played it, and I haven't.

I was suprised that they turned the pointer aiming off, it's the first review I've read where they had a problem with that (not the using it, the fact that it caused a pointer to be on the screen constantly).

The new GameCentral team have always been pretty hard on games that don't really innovate. As much as I love Zelda, it does retread a lot of ground in each iteration. On the other hand though, it's retreads it because Zelda does so much, so well.

The fairy looked really annoying in the videos I've seen, but then that was mostly because idiots were pointing at the sensor bar whilst fighting, so it was swishing across the screen constantly as they were fighting.

This mechanic looks more intrusive in Mario Galaxy, IMO.

Got this today.

Now guys, I don't really want to harp on it, but it really does look pretty bad using a composite on a (my) HDTV.

I need the composite to play Wii Sports on a friend's TV, so I'll be waiting for the component before I continue with Zelda.

That is all.

All Wii stuff looks shit on a HDTV with composite cables.

I was suprised that they turned the pointer aiming off, it's the first review I've read where they had a problem with that (not the using it, the fact that it caused a pointer to be on the screen constantly).

The new GameCentral team have always been pretty hard on games that don't really innovate. As much as I love Zelda, it does retread a lot of ground in each iteration. On the other hand though, it's retreads it because Zelda does so much, so well.

MM does not feel like OOT. TWW at the time looked and at times felt like nothing else. Even since it went 3D, Nintendo have done a pretty astonishing job of having each new iteration bring something completely new to the party, on top of the supremely polished experience we've come to take for granted.

While it is an absolute blast to play, TPs been beaten to the party this time by Ico, Okami, even Metroid Prime in ways. Its big chance to innovate was with the controller and frankly it is what it was always going to be, pretty tacked on.

You can't knock the quality though. It's just it's Zelda - all we ever want is everything.

MM does not feel like OOT.

Aw come on, it does though. It's using the same engine, same characters, everything. The tone of the story might be different, but it's still cut from the same cloth. The timetable and 3-day cycle were great, but that was an interesting gameplay device rather than a revolutionary direction for the series. Bear in mind I speak as someone who thinks it's a masterpiece.

WW I agree, felt like a bold re-invention. But here the gameplay was lacking (comparatively, I should say). So I'd say we've only really had one recent Zelda game that does both, that represented a revolutionary leap forward and top notch gameplay, and that's Ocarina.