Zelda: Twilight Princess

Why would I want to? Sorry mate - I'm a lost cause. Link to the Past is in my all-time top three, I just don't enjoy the 3D versions.

Too much wandering around; not enough kinetic thrills.

For what it's worth, I hated OOT and MM, but this one has really rung my bell.

just got a 360 with a few games including gears of war. The system seems great but one thing is - it just feels like same old games with normal controls. Hence why im really looking forward to TP and will probably get more playtime than gow at the mo.

Yeah, Zelda is by no means a same old game that can be played with the same old controls.

I don't think I've ever noticed a texture as opposed to general ugliness / prettiness.

Have you been playing Tie Fighter and Little Big Adventure for the past few years or something?

Always looking on the bright side Ste.

I'm carrying on with Wind Waker at present. It continues to fail to live up to my memory of it, although there are some lovely moments nonetheless. I've just done the bizniz with the Master Sword, and Tetra has become Zelda. As the Triforce necklace forms in front of her, the music accompanying it is the start up tinkle and fanfare from A Link to the Past! Lovely.

It looks bland enough to stop me from buying it. Ico wasn't great graphically

STOP! HAMMER TIME!

Ico is still one of the best looking games I've ever seen, after all these years. It's gorgeous and a great example of how to make everything look right within technical limitations.

Always looking on the bright side Ste.

I'm carrying on with Wind Waker at present. It continues to fail to live up to my memory of it, although there are some lovely moments nonetheless. I've just done the bizniz with the Master Sword, and Tetra has become Zelda. As the Triforce necklace forms in front of her, the music accompanying it is the start up tinkle and fanfare from A Link to the Past! Lovely.

Spoilers!

I'm playing through Ocarina at the moment. I've never played it before. I've just finished the fire temple, with the oh-so-obvious boss and the whack-a-mole floor. It's great, though I'd personally like a little more signposting - I know I've got to go and wake up another of the sages now, but have no idea where to go to do so.

Spoilers!

I'm playing through Ocarina at the moment. I've never played it before. I've just finished the fire temple, with the oh-so-obvious boss and the whack-a-mole floor. It's great, though I'd personally like a little more signposting - I know I've got to go and wake up another of the sages now, but have no idea where to go to do so.

Oops! Sorry.

I love Volvagia. Very satisfying to smash his nose in with the Megaton Hammer.

Navi will give you a hint as to what to do next. But if you think of the elements, that'll probably narrow it down...

Oops! Sorry.

I love Volvagia. Very satisfying to smash his nose in with the Megaton Hammer.

Navi will give you a hint as to what to do next. But if you think of the elements, that'll probably narrow it down...

I was joking about the spoiler bit. If people haven't finished the game after this amount of time (COUGH KIERON) then they ought to expect it to be spoilt for them.

I'm waiting for the Navi hint. But what with this not being my first Zelda, I wouldn't be surprised if I've got an ice dungeon to go. And also, given that I'd previously visited the Gorons and the Zora, and the Gorons' leader turned out to be the fire sage, I reckon I might have a good idea ...

was playing Twilight last night, got half way through the first temple then fell asleep on the sofa... woke up and turned the wii off before going to bed without saving it first :(

I rest my case ^_^

Am hoping my stuckness was down to alcohol. Bizarrely I feel a little more like I'm playing a Zelda game now that it's happened though.

was playing Twilight last night, got half way through the first temple then fell asleep on the sofa... woke up and turned the wii off before going to bed without saving it first ^_^

Arn't we supposed to keep our wii's on 24/7 according to Nintendo?

Does this actually serve any purpose?

Actually I think its to do with online stuff. Nintendo just expect people to leave it on as its cheap to run and then it will automatically download stuff for you. Doubt this is useful at the moment but maybe in the future.

Shouldve added it was around 2:30 when I nodded off, had Zelda on pause and was switching between the ECW ppv on sky as well as some Ashes action... both were enough to send you to noddy-land!

When you press the power button on the wiimote to turn it off it sets it to standby so you get your messages and whatnot coming through, even though its technically 'off'.

As the Triforce necklace forms in front of her, the music accompanying it is the start up tinkle and fanfare from A Link to the Past! Lovely.

Probably my favourite moment in the whole game, and I don't mean that in a "this was the only good bit" TWW-hater sort of way. ^_^

Started really playing it last night. I sat there thinking to myself. I'm riding epona, I'm jumping gates, she is neighing like a real horse would THIS IS AMAZING.

Only then did it occur to me that my suppressed nintendo fanboyness has rememerged to the forefront and I fucking love the wii.

That is all.

To all the rllmuk readers looking at the nay-saying posts, TP is Fan-dabby-dozzy!

This is the Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition of Zelda games. I've been on this for FIVE HOURS and just reached the entrance to the first temple, but have loved every minute of it so far.

Loving the look of the characters, kind of like a cross between cockleshell bay, cosgrove hall stop motion schools programs (that hamster and crow stuff and russian stories) and a bit of anime. ^_^

And the feeling of running through grass, slicing away with the remote is amazing. I'm actually LOOKING for more goblins to fight with, so I can play more. This feels like that Nintendo-toy plaything (in a good way obviously, like mario 64) :(