Deadwood - TV Show

Paramount UK have told me that it's been tested by everyone from the guy who makes the screws that keep the pressing machine together to Super Jesus, the Jesus that Jesus worships, and it's fine, final offer. So I'm going to see if I can contact HBO's management about instead.

• 4 months later...

Really difficult to imagine how they'd reassemble all the important cast members at the same time, as much as I'd adore this, although it'd be good if they had to replace the dreadful Timothy Oliphant, who single-handedly almost ruined the show originally.

• Upvote 1

Really difficult to imagine how they'd reassemble all the important cast members at the same time, as much as I'd adore this, although it'd be good if they had to replace the dreadful Timothy Oliphant, who single-handedly almost ruined the show originally.

I will profane on your remains AC.

He is without question the worst thing about the show. Almost every other actor in it nails their character - Robin Weigert as Jane and William Sanderson as E.B. the real highlights imo - but Olyphant is so hopelessly miscast it threatens to detract from every scene he's in. He's far, far too pretty, for a start. A sheriff who moisturises and exfoliates? Come on. He minces about the camp like he's on a catwalk. He has no idea what to do with his arms - he's like an awkward pageboy at a wedding. If he'd swanned up to the real Al Swearengen in the real Deadwood camp and made that ridiculous 'I'm trying to be intimidating here' face, he would've been communally disemboweled by every punter in the Gem. Check him in this scene - 'You pie faced cocksucker. Get in here and account for your insult!' Lolol. You'd just laugh in his face. And he's supposed to be the sheriff! This beautiful, wispy, waif-like angel of a man then goes on to kick the shit out of a murderous thug like Swearengen, requiring a suspension of disbelief so huge it almost ruins the episode. He has no voice on him at all - this barely audible little creak that people in reality would strain to listen to and pretend to respect only out of sympathy, like when your shy, ill-suited male manager politely, stammeringly orders you to do someone else's job. Every time Seth Bullock turns up it reminds me of this. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...