IGNORED

Psp Elitism

Bluejam

I wouldn't chat to random people on a train, same as I wouldn't chat to people on a plane or bus. The sooner the PSP gets released here the better, as hopefully it'll mean people will start taking wireless gaming for granted, rather than wanting to make friends with everyone who does it.

And I have better things to do than play handheld games.

Shit, that's a good point. Aight fuck this then, I'm off to go cure cancer. Goodbye forever, you useless excuses for human beings!

P.S. Get a DS and play Another Code, it's just better than everything anyway.

Once I was playing an original Gameboy on the train when a Japanese family sat opposite me (the seats were kind of like a padded bench, and wide enough that two adults and two kids could all be next to each other).

One of the kids was a boy of about six, who kept leaning forward so he could watch what I was playing, to the extent that half the time his head was nearly blocking the screen, and giving what I assume was a commentary of my playing to his sister ("He's shit!" most probably :P).

Everytime he did it his parents told him off (I assume, they were speaking Japanese), so he stopped for 30 seconds, then did it again.

After about five minutes of this the dad launched into a shouting tirade at him, which resulted with him being sent to stand in the corner of the carriage, facing the wall with his hands on his head. This set his sister off into a manic fit of laughter, which she kept up until she was given the same punishment and was sent to stand next him. They were still there when I got off at my stop 20 minutes later :)

I was on my way to visit my parents once and this guy saw me playing my PSP and came over. We got chatting and played a few games as he had one too. He seemed like a pretty cool guy so for the rest of the coach journey we chatted about stuff. Then he got a bit personal and started asking about my life and whether I was seeing anyone. I told him things weren't going too well with my current girlfriend but that we'd gone through things like that in the past and that I'm sure I'd get over it.

Anyway, at the end of the bus journey the guy practically begged me to take his phone number and give him a call. He seemed a little lonely so I thought I'd take it as to not cause offence. I also gave him my number as I could always ignore the call later. The problem is he just kept calling me all the time and eventualy found my address. He then started spreading rumours about me and hanging out outside my house. One day my girlfriend returned returned home to find him at our doorstep and he told her she was a selfish bitch and to just let me go so he and I could be together. Needless to say I contacted the police and took him to court. In the end he was given a restraining order and made to pay damages for emotional distress. I felt quite sorry for him as I later learnt he had to sell some of his stuff to pay for the fine.

Ha ha, very good.

I was waiting for someone to do that.

I got on the train last night, sat down and put my hand in my coat pocket and pulled out thin air.

I wish I had more money :)

Edit: The week previously, on my liverpool to wigan train, this lad got on, sat down and took out a DS and started playing Zookeeper with the volume seemingly on max. He was also wearing a Konoha fore-head protector (From the Naruto Anime) tied round his neck along with a sort of goth/skater-boi black mix outfit.

Now I like the DS, zookeeper and the Naruto anime. But he was a freak and I aint talking to freaks.

Kick ass parenting story.

Brilliant, I wish more parents were like that.

I use my PSP on the train nearly every day and have never had any comments made by strangers. I feel a bit self conscious, like I'm being perceived as a geek. I did watch Eddy Murphy's Raw on the way to work today though and it cheered me up.

I was on my way to visit my parents once and this guy saw me playing my PSP and came over. We got chatting and played a few games as he had one too. He seemed like a pretty cool guy so for the rest of the coach journey we chatted about stuff. Then he got a bit personal and started asking about my life and whether I was seeing anyone. I told him things weren't going too well with my current girlfriend but that we'd gone through things like that in the past and that I'm sure I'd get over it.

Anyway, at the end of the bus journey the guy practically begged me to take his phone number and give him a call. He seemed a little lonely so I thought I'd take it as to not cause offence. I also gave him my number as I could always ignore the call later. The problem is he just kept calling me all the time and eventualy found my address. He then started spreading rumours about me and hanging out outside my house. One day my girlfriend returned returned home to find him at our doorstep and he told her she was a selfish bitch and to just let me go so he and I could be together. Needless to say I contacted the police and took him to court. In the end he was given a restraining order and made to pay damages for emotional distress. I felt quite sorry for him as I later learnt he had to sell some of his stuff to pay for the fine.

.::: "Do not underestimate the power of PlayStation!"

Once I was playing an original Gameboy on the train when a Japanese family sat opposite me (the seats were kind of like a padded bench, and wide enough that two adults and two kids could all be next to each other).

One of the kids was a boy of about six, who kept leaning forward so he could watch what I was playing, to the extent that half the time his head was nearly blocking the screen, and giving what I assume was a commentary of my playing to his sister ("He's shit!" most probably :angry:).

Everytime he did it his parents told him off (I assume, they were speaking Japanese), so he stopped for 30 seconds, then did it again.

After about five minutes of this the dad launched into a shouting tirade at him, which resulted with him being sent to stand in the corner of the carriage, facing the wall with his hands on his head. This set his sister off into a manic fit of laughter, which she kept up until she was given the same punishment and was sent to stand next him. They were still there when I got off at my stop 20 minutes later  :)

:P GENIUS/10

All these PSP stories are quite creepy, they seem to attract rather unpleasant types on public transport. I'm due for a lengthy train journey myself soon, though reading this I may just bring a magazine to read, instead of my DS. I only use my GBA flashcart for NES games on it anyway.

I can't realy do things like reading/playing games on busses/trains. I don't know, i just can't concentrate enough with everything going on around me. I usually just listen to music and look sexy aloof in a corner. :)

TRUFAX

I was playing my PSP on the train once.

I was alone.

I wish someone would have been there to see me play with such a wonderful, cool, expensive toy.

In fact, I wish a beautiful girl would have sat next to me. I could have tilted the screen ever so slightly just so she could have a peek at how great I am at Lumines.

I'm sure it would have made her well wet.

I was playing my PSP on the train once.

I was alone.

I wish someone would have been there to see me play with such a wonderful, cool, expensive toy.

In fact, I wish a beautiful girl would have sat next to me. I could have tilted the screen ever so slightly just so she could have a peek at how great I am at Lumines.

I'm sure it would have made her well wet.

13-womens-institute-applauding.jpg

i've played my psp on trains, planes, trams, buses, and in an airport and nobody EVER said anything about it. Waste of money.

A friend didn't believe that trams existed in London, so I had to send him a link to TFL's tram page.

Anyway, more guys look at my cleavage than my PSP. Fact.

I've had two people strike up conversations with me when I've been playing the PSP but both of them were awaiting delivery of imports so it didn't feel too special.

If I sit next to a bloke, of any age, he'll look over my shoulder for a couple of minutes, but that's about it. I presume that most of the time they're disappointed because Lumines and Streets of Rage 2 aren't exactly the best games to show off with.

Anyway, more guys look at my cleavage than my PSP. Fact.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? :):wub:

I've played my PSP at the airport and on the train - may get the odd glance. Other than that, nothing. Though the train driver saw it one time and stopped to have a chat about it.

That's all. :(

Perhaps if you had pictures of cleavage ON your psp?

Maybe buy your PSP a wonderbra?

Both damn good suggestions. Or I could try putting my PSP in my Wonderbra? Installed with emulators and customised background yet no one's interested in that. Men are such pigs :):(:wub:

Oh man, it's 100% true, and I'm crap at telling stories, I can't properly convey the nervous fear I felt as I realised just how creepy the man was. (He was late 20s, I forget exactly, but he looked my age so at first I assumed he was a fellow student) When I left him at Victoria station, he was like 'so what are you doing now?' hopefully, and I actually faked a yawn and said I was really tired and had to go.

I think we all want to know if you met up with him again for a drink and a good chat.

I think we also know the answer.