The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Spunky Monkey

There is a mandatory global system update now available for Xbox 360 owners. You’ll get prompted for the update the next time you sign into Xbox Live. No new features or functions this time around.

-- Major Nelson.

March 2006 System Update for Xbox 360

The March 2006 Xbox 360™ update will prepare your Xbox 360 console for future system and title updates. This free* update is available to all Xbox Live® members. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

*Requires a broadband connection and an Xbox Live account.

Mine nearly crashed in friends list. No sign of gamerscore next to peoples names either Mr Spew. Something fishy here - if there's no features or functions, and just "prepares for future updates" then why not just do the update in the future anyway? I reckon it'll be some security thing, or major bug fix for a massive game thats about to come out maybe.

Hmm wats this crashing in friends about - mine just did it when i was comparing a gamerscore with a m8's :s

Every time I tried to come out of the friends list on the dash last night it would freeze the system completely, meaning I had to turn it off manually as it wouldn't even recognise the X button.

Once playing DOA4 though, I had no such problems with friends list. Will try again tonight to see if it continues.

Argh! I can't register my 360. Because their registration page doesn't work. (It can't see the contents of the State/Province drop-down and keeps telling me it's empty when I try to submit the page.) I filled in the form telling them this. And I get a message back telling me where the registration page is.

At least they replied, I suppose, even if it was just a bot that picked up the words "register" and "console" in my email.

SPECIAL DELIVERY:

Check back in the early afternoon PST for an exclusive story on a game you would never, ever have expected. IGN Xbox 360 will have the first details, news, screens, and an interview with the company's president. Can you guess who it's with?

Check my new thread for more info!!!

Here: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=119609

There's only one company president I know happy to witter on ad finitum to half-baked journalists, and that's Peter Molyneux.

As for the game. If it's a surprise it'll probably be an old franchise that's quite arcadey (as opposed to the lavish and more celebral fable). Maybe Magic Carpet 360? Hope not.

For me the biggest bummer is also shuffle related. When you conect an iPod, shuffle songs dissapears from the menu. Added to the fact that it takes 20 seconds to scan the database every bastard time you want to change album, it begins to grate...

I've seen loads of 3rd-party VGA cables in town now, some with gold plated connections for £20, but up until now I've been totally ignoring them as I only wanted the official cables.

Sooooo, are any of the 3rd-party cables better than the official ones or should I keep waiting for MS to actually make some of their own ones?

Where is all the new arcade stuff then? Logged on a few times over the weekend expecting to find an Outfit demo and hopefully SF2 but no joy.

So much has been promised over the last few weeks and nothing has turned up yet. Latest rumour is that the outfit demo will be out today at some point.