The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Spunky Monkey

Or PC World, HMV, MVC, Argos, Woolies. I'm in the same boat as you and am thinking of either placing a preorder in one of those or just rocking up to the midnight opening of my local Game/Gamestation and hoping I get lucky.

Just thought I'd say that I spoke to a guy in gamestation and he said that the 100 biggest games stores in the UK will be getting demo pods but he didn't know when. I really need to see PGR3 running in high def on one of those pods before I put my hand in my pocket.

They're getting demo pods after the launch - I'm guessing that's because all the 360s have been sold out, so it's not like they need to convince anyone. Perhaps.

"It was just laying there in the street officer, honestly!"

Telling a police officer that you found some a wad of notes on the pavement, and then committed an indecent act which ended up with you coming into said wad, is not going to help your cause at all.

Plus it'll make all the notes stick together.

Gamepro posted up a news story on their website about their first debug xbox 360 kit they recieved. The link has since been removed. But thanks to the magic of google here it is!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:eeG42i...71.shtml+&hl=en

Talks about how halo 2 runs straight from the off as does the original halo, sadly none of the other games they tried worked. Still in a weeks time we'll have the final compatability list!

The Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 launch portfolio will include the following titles through Holiday 2005:

• Astropop – Popcap Games

• Bankshot Billiards 2™ – pixelStorm, Inc

• Bejeweled 2 – Popcap Games

• Crystal Quest – Stainless Games

• Feeding Frenzy – Popcap Games

• Gauntlet – Midway Home Entertainment

• Geometry Wars 2 – Bizarre Creations

• Hardwood Backgammon – Silver Creek Entertainment

• Hardwood Hearts – Silver Creek Entertainment

• Hardwood Spades – Silver Creek Entertainment

• Hexic® HD – Microsoft Game Studios

• Hoopworld – Streamline Studios

• Jewel Quest – iWin.com

• Joust – Midway Home Entertainment

• Marble Blast Ultra – GarageGames

• Mutant Storm Reloaded – PomPom Games

• Outpost Kaloki – Wahoo Studios

• Robotron 2084 – Midway Home Entertainment

• SmashTV – Midway Home Entertainment

• Wik: Fable of Souls – Reflexive Entertainment

• Zuma – Popcap Games

As an added bonus, the full version of “Hexic HD,” the Xbox Live Arcade puzzle game, will be included free of charge with every Xbox 360 System at launch. Designed by world famous Tetris® creator Alexey Pajitnov, “Hexic HD” will be preloaded on the Xbox 360 hard drive.

Full Details

Multiplayer Gauntlet and SmashTV over Live maybe? ;)

Has anyone seen the gameplay video of 99 Nights on Gametrailers? Theres a decent HD cam video there. Technically it looks good, indeed great, but quite dull. Slightly dissapointed as I was hugely imporessed by the original trailer. I was just wondering how people think it compares with other games of it's ilk? Your opinions?

it looks like total generic shite to me.

Just had an email from Play informing me I shouldn't be holding my breath for a 360 before Christmas.

Dear Customer,

We have been informed by Microsoft that they have not produced enough Xbox 360 consoles to satisfy the demand in Europe. For this reason we regret to advise you that we are unable to guarantee the delivery of your pre-ordered console before Christmas. We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure all orders are fulfilled as close to launch date as possible. However, if you wish to cancel your pre-order please do so by visiting ‘My Account’ and following the instructions at Play.com.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Play

Just had an email from Play informing me I shouldn't be holding my breath for a 360 before Christmas.
Dear Customer,

We have been informed by Microsoft that they have not produced enough Xbox 360 consoles to satisfy the demand in Europe. For this reason we regret to advise you that we are unable to guarantee the delivery of your pre-ordered console before Christmas. We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure all orders are fulfilled as close to launch date as possible. However, if you wish to cancel your pre-order please do so by visiting ‘My Account’ and following the instructions at Play.com.

Kind Regards,

Play

me too and i pre-ordered in may - on the first day they started taking pre-orders...

Dear Customer,

Kind Regards,

Play

:lol:

The fact you pre-ordered in May makes me think they are just sending this out to all pre-order customers, regardless of date. They have told me specificially that earlier pre-orders will get priority over more recent ones, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I on the other hand, am somewhat fooked - I didn't order til september :lol: