Things You Wished You Had Done With Your 1st Char

Voodoo-child

Iceburn / Dusty - the AH is a great resource for either making gold, or getting decent kit / reagents n stuff for your skills.

Use it wisely though, as buying new kit as it gives you an extra +1 or 2 Stam can be a waste of time and cash. I was obsessed with frequent visits to it just to get that little bit more funky bit of kit.

Time would have been better spent either grinding / collecting herbs e.t.c. then a huge AH trip to sell goodies and reward my char with some obscenely tasty gear!

Although at lowish chat levels the AH does not have tha tmuch useful kit - i.e. lvl 10 or so. Much more choice at roughly lvl 15+, as theres a lot more your char can use.

you have to learn to use the "only show me stuff I can use" check-box, and the level range to cut out the dross.

Also try and only sell on the AH buying stuff leads to bankruptcy (I know this to be true!)...

There is a skill to selling though, check what price others are setting and know if a recipe is rare or not. I picked up both swiftness and deviate delights for about 3 gold the pair... should be nearer 10 or 15!

There are mods that can help... auctioneer is good, but requires some thought in its use...

I can never be arsed to AH anything. Vendoring does me just fine.

Vendoring Greens is daft - you're throwing money away - money you will, sooner or later, need.

Also - the market NEEDS the items - there's no way in a million years you'll get useful drops for yourself - so players rely on the AH to get the gear they need to progress...

I've never had problem with it with Necrique on Draenor. I'm always hovering around 100g and if you need to make more dorrah (at her level I'm on about) the the turtles outside the Hinterlands are perfect for farming. I can't see me changing my ways for me Mage. It's true I may need more money for him as the mount isn't free but at teh level I'm at it's just not worth the grief of putting it on the AH and comepeting with the other 5 [Arcane Spanners Of The Asparagus] or whetever.

Depnds on the item really. If there's a quest that gives a similar (Or better) reward from a quest then it's not worth that much at ah.

Everyone remember when twig of the world tree was 80-120g? Then the "Win an AV" Icebarbed spear quest reward came in?

20g now if you're lucky.

One regret: Obsessing over items on Thottbot. Yeah, it's cool i know where every item i want up to lvl 60 drops, but it spoils some of the magic of the game, ya know? I seriously belive that WOW is now intended to be played with some kind of guide like Thott or Alakhazam. I cannot wait for BC to be released so we get something that hasn't been done 1200 times on the internet aready.

Yeah, the use of Thottbot is a minefield. I'm just glad I had the restraint to use it only when I was mouse through the moniter stuck. My one regret is that I wish I'd rolled something other than a shaman on ER.

Shamans are the best class in the game

:lol:

I always have an alt that has enchanting for crappy greens. I just send them for disenchanting then sell the results. I guess it works out the same in the end but you can always sell the dusts and essences, always.

I love my rogue, especially in PvP, but in MOST raids, it's pretty dull dps button mashing.

My Guild did Garr for the first time today, talk about a DULL fight for a Rogue. I hope they aren't all that bad at the later bosses.

Rolling a Shaman. Not sure if they're better now with the updated talents, but for me in the end he was just...dull. Jack of all trades, master of none. :ph34r:

Should of picked a Priest or Warlock, even if they're trickier for noobs.

Talking to people.

When I first purchased the game at release I rolled a Dwarf Hunter on ER and joined The Order of Rllmuk. The people seemed to be having a lot of fun and getting on with each other. But I was quiet and never felt like part of the guild. As time goes on you feel ignored and unnoticed. Not to the detriment of those people, but that drove me away from the game.

After a summer break I returned to the game as Isstai on TVC and have been active and the like ever since. Made some amazing friends, and got dumped with leading the thing when nicky decided his life was a mess for a month, and then came back (probably just to get out of being GM I suspect).

Yeah, talking heps loads. I'm always talking nonsense in guild chat.

I've started talking to randoms more too after being initially unsure how seriously the RP thing was on Ravenholdt (not serious at all from what I've seen!). i try and say hello to people as i pass them and offer to help out if I can.

To me, talking in the guild chat is a big part of actually being in a guild. I hate it when the chat channels quiet all the time (obviously it'll be quiet from time to time when people are partying/instancing/whatever) but on Draenor ABA got incredibly quiet and it made me feel a bit sad that nobody wanted to banter. I love guild banter ;)

Yeah, being in the guild now and actually meeting a few of you in the game has been very rewarding.

Hope to pop on for a few hours later as I am down at the lower lvls. Have all the Barrens quests to do shortly so look forward to some power lvling up to 20!