rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Icebox

Anchorman 2!

Teaser trailer attached to The Dictator!

From Collider:

“Just got out of a screening of The Dictator. There is an Anchorman 2 teaser attached featuring the Channel 4 news team (minus Veronica) stating how excited they are to return… a concept that Brick seems to have a hard time with. Also, not sure if it was an official title or more of a slogan but the screen title read Anchorman: The Legend Continues followed by ’2013′”

Is it supposed to look like the person on the left is wearing two halves of different trousers?

• Upvote 1

I think it's meant to be all four guys but for some reason (why I presume) Champ and Brian only have 1 leg each. Random.

You can see Brick's other shoe behind the one sticking out, I assume the other guy is doing the same.

I'm just floating this as a possibility guys, but is there any chance that the amount of legs on the poster for the sequel to one of the silliest movies of all time might be one of these 'joke' things I've been reading about recently?

• Upvote 2

At least it explains the missing leg intrigue. I also actual loled.

You know, Anchorman is, without doubt, eminently quotable - yet I just didn't find it very funny. I wanted to like it but at best it raised a few chuckles (and I've seen it a couple of times). The character feels like he originated on SNL and has made the awkward transition to film and doesn't really carry it off.

I'll still probably see the sequel though.

• Upvote 3

I hope they don't use Brick too much. Brick was so awesome in Anchorman because he was so unexpectedly funny and everything he said was a gem. He was just like Ralph Wiggum. But like Ralph Wiggum, he is best saved for occasional random statements... entire Ralph Wiggum episodes are never as good as Ralph Wiggum moments. But this teaser trailer looks like they are a bit too aware that Brick = gold, and they'll spoil it by giving him too much material.

Also Steve Carell looks kind of old and gaunt... I hope he's okay.

• Upvote 1

I must be rare as I didn't find Brick funny, at all. Fantana and Burgundy have all the best lines.

• Upvote 1

I hate Will Ferrell and think most of the stuff he does is garbage.

I utterly love Anchorman.

I hate Will Ferrell and think most of the stuff he does is garbage.

I utterly love Anchorman.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Anchorman is Will Ferral at his most obnoxious! If you don't like him, how can you like him when he's being the most like him in any film?

The original cut was a much more free-form and improvised and involved Ron vs. a terrorist group, it was much more like Well Ferrell's other output. It got absolutely eviscerated at test screenings and they basically re-wrote and re-filmed it. What we got is a much, much tighter and funnier film. They released all the unused footage edited together as a separate film with the special edition DVD.

I would pay crazy money to be on set when Ford is trying to riff along with Ferrell and Rudd and Wiig. I don't know if it would be awesome or awful.

He's probably going to be an antagonist though so will be used to drive the plot forward but I expect we'll get at least one scene with him and Burgandy throwing random insults at one another. :)

Harrison Ford has just been confirmed for a role in this!

HAN-ONBALL!

He's apparently supposed to be a Tom Brokaw style long running legendary anchor.