Rare/collectable Spectrum Games

Bubbler, Martianoids.

Any Sinclar ROM cartridge.

No ROMS I'm afraid, and I don't think I got either of those two, but I'll have a look, cheers much.

I did get some recognisable names though, which is quite cool;

Jet Set Willy

Horace Goes Skiing

Ghouls 'N' Ghosts

The Way of the Exploding Fist

Gauntlet

International Karate +

Double Dragon

Dragon Ninja

Operation Wolf

blue swIIrl, care to give us a full list of the games you got in that bundle. I can recognise some but the images are so small its not easy. I think I can see Dimension Destructors in there but I'm not sure, it could be another game from that range.

As for collectables, look out for Shadow of The Unicorn if you can find it. It has an add on cartridge to expand a standard 48k Spectrum for the game (I think you still need it even for a 128k) but its most useful as it has a head alignment utility on the cart. Correctly aligned, clean tape heads make speedloaders much less likely to fail.

If you find that your Op Wolf really is screwed, you could always grab an image of it from World of Spectrum and re-record to tape.

Having looked at Op Wolf on WoS, it looks like it may work with your lightgun as its appeared on a couple of lightgun compilations. I don't remember that beingthe case, maybe they were upgraded releases, but it should make it a much better game. Wasn't a bad conversion even for a joystick game anyway, I know I wasted many hours on it.

Looking at that collection, its a little anachronistic. Seems like there are some really early games (may be worth something - the early stuff can be hard to find) then it seems to timewarp into much later stuff with not a lot in between. Strange theres so much early stuff too when the machine itself is a +2 - it didn't exist when a lot of those games were on the shelves.

[edit]

No, I zoomed in, I can see thats not Dimension Destructors. Not sure what it is but looks to be from the same publisher though - third from left on the bottom row of the laft side bundle.

I had a stroke of luck recently myself. Some random carbooting dad brought a Speccy 48+ into our shop to sell. We don't usually bother with computers but I bought it off him out of personal interest. Pretty grimy and mostly rubbish with it but nestled in there was a Knight Lore in fantastic condition. The Speccy itself scrubbed up nicely too.

While I'm at it... I was Googling for some info on Sinclair titles (as you have a few there) with a vague recollection on some of those being collectable. This turned up an article here:

http://www.woodcock88.seriouslyinternet.co...r/sinclair.html

Which led me back to the home page for ZXF, a very nice and current Sinclair fanzine thats worth a download if you're in a Sinclair fanboy mood. I've read it in the past and enjoyed it, but I've had a Speccy for about 20 years now :P

Complete list:

Bottom of photo

Jet Set Willy

Horace Goes Skiing

Ghouls 'N' Ghosts

The Way of the Exploding Fist

Gauntlet

International Karate +

Double Dragon

Dragon Ninja

Operation Wolf

Left side

Colin the Cleaner/Who Said 'That'

Jonah Barrington's Squash

Gnasher/Spectipede

Las Vegas Video Poker

The Games Winter Edition

Punchy

Pathfinder

Monkey Bizness

Ghost Busters

4 Game Pack #3 (League Challenge/Survivors/Superkid in Space/Battlefield)

Moon Cresta

Treasure Island

Chequered Flag

Championship Sprint

Jimmy's Super League

Blockbusters

Spawn of Evil

Quattro Super Hits (Super Stuntman/Super Tank/Super Hero/KGB Super Spy)

Witch Fiend/Odd Job Eddie

Abyss

Raid Over Moscow

Falcon Patrol 2/The Race/Harvesting Moon

Flight Simulation (two copies)

Traxx

Arcadia

Phantomas

Daley Thompson's Decathlon (regular tape case)

Alien Destroyer

Right side

February 1990 to March 1991 Crash magazine demo tapes

3 Tapes above right side

June 1992 Your Sinclair Magnificent 7 demo tape

Horizons (Software Starter Pack)

Daley Thompson's Decathlon (larger plastic case)

Hyper Sports

A View to a Kill The Computer Game

Badlands

Italy 1990 Winner's Edition

Computer Scrabble

Tape by itself above top

Kung-Fu Master (case empty :P )

And that's your lot. Quite a haul, I think, if just for the stuff below the machine.

Quite a haul, I think, if just for the stuff below the machine.

Tbh, those are possibly the least interesting games in your collection. Sure, they're great games, but everyone bought them so there are plenty in circulation and several are budget rereleases, making them even less collectable.

Some of the older and/or more unusual games are of more interest. Who wouldn't want to ask 'Can I have a P please Bob?' of Blockbusters?

A couple of personal favourites in there too. You've early Imagine with Arcadia, a Raid over Moscow conversion, a good arcade conversion with Moon Cresta and some early synthesised speech in Jonah Barrington's Squash (which I found strangely compelling). Hyper Sports is a Speccy classic and I've a soft spot for Scrabble.

Tbh, those are possibly the least interesting games in your collection. Sure, they're great games, but everyone bought them so there are plenty in circulation and several are budget rereleases, making them even less collectable.

Some of the older and/or more unusual games are of more interest. Who wouldn't want to ask 'Can I have a P please Bob?' of Blockbusters?

A couple of personal favourites in there too. You've early Imagine with Arcadia, a Raid over Moscow conversion, a good arcade conversion with Moon Cresta and some early synthesised speech in Jonah Barrington's Squash (which I found strangely compelling). Hyper Sports is a Speccy classic and I've a soft spot for Scrabble.

Interesting. I did notice the Imagine games, as I remember the Bandersnatch making of.

Make sure it has the copy protection code sheet.  :ph34r:

Yeah, it does, I found that highly entertaining. Things never change, eh? :(

I called my local Gamestation today, and they said that a Spectrum would be £10-£15 trade in, depending on model and condition etc. That's without games etc. Is that a reasonable deal?

Yeah, it does, I found that highly entertaining. Things never change, eh? :rolleyes:

I called my local Gamestation today, and they said that a Spectrum would be £10-£15 trade in, depending on model and condition etc. That's without games etc. Is that a reasonable deal?

Thats a fair price at retail for an unboxed +2.

I'd buy the lot off you but I know I wouldn't cherish them as much as I should.

Sounds like a decent price to me. You aren't keeping it then?

No, the idea was to earn a few quid towards Another Code.

Antiriad2097, if you want to make me an offer, I'd consider it. I'd rather sell to a fellow forumite than a faceless corporate entity.

Thanks for the offer Blue, but I'm not really a big Sinclair collector. Already have a + and a +3 with hundreds of games from back in the day.

Lots of fond memories but I rarely drag them out, emulation is just much more convenient than tape loading, especially with save states. Like I said, I just couldn't give them the love they need and I have the essentials from your bundle.

Right now I'm also trying to minimise my buys. Missus is away for a week in September and I have a cunning plan to build a MAME cab then so can't afford too much clutter preceding that :rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer Blue, but I'm not really a big Sinclair collector. Already have a + and a +3 with hundreds of games from back in the day.

Lots of fond memories but I rarely drag them out, emulation is just much more convenient than tape loading, especially with save states. Like I said, I just couldn't give them the love they need and I have the essentials from your bundle.

Right now I'm also trying to minimise my buys. Missus is away for a week in September and I have a cunning plan to build a MAME cab then so can't afford too much clutter preceding that :(

Ah fair do's. If you want any of the individual tapes, let me know by Wednesday, that's when I'm taking it in to Gamestation.

Let me know how the MAME cabinet turns out!

Thats a shockingly low price. The Amstrad bundle I bought was £8 and they paid me £60 before they wised up.

You weren't tempted to ebay it? Probably would have got more for it. At that price I could have been tempted but the postage would no doubt have been silly.

Never mind. Must... refrain... from... buying... MAMEcab planned :lol:.

I've sold loads of speccy games on ebay over the last 2 years and although appreciating thats not a judge of whats R@RE OOP L@@@@K etc these ones seem to be worth selling separately

Cyberrun

Nightshade

Gunfright

Sabre Wulf (especially if minty mint)

Bubbler

Martianoids

Any of the Mel Croucher (think that was his name) games (Pimania etc), Any VERY early DK Tronic games. Centipede especially. Early Level 9 adventures

If i remember correctly, there was a limited release of early Ultimate games with a silver tape inlay which go for quite a bit

Not forgetting the ROM carts as well. ZX81 games also get a lot of interest as well

Sometimes you can get £5 plus for Manic Miner (Bug Byte release)

Budget titles go for chuff all though.

(Agree about Daley Thompson, none of mine ever worked!)

Yep, the Ultimate games seem to be the biggest moneymakers on eBay. As much as I want those puppies, I just give up when it gets to funny money - I want those games, but the prices they are going for is, quite simply, ridiculous.

Currently, I'm trying to obtain every single Ocean and Imagine Spectrum games (original's, not the Hit Squad rereleases). Some titles are proving to be more difficult to find that other. Rygal will succeed. After that I'll be trying for either Elite games or Hewson games.

Damn my obsessive Spectrum collecting.

Thats a shockingly low price. The Amstrad bundle I bought was £8 and they paid me £60 before they wised up.

You weren't tempted to ebay it? Probably would have got more for it. At that price I could have been tempted but the postage would no doubt have been silly.

Never mind. Must... refrain... from... buying... MAMEcab planned :wub:.

I thought about trying to argue them up to £20, but I have this genetic aversion to haggling, or something.

eBaying was too much of a hassle, and the machine wasn't in the greatest of nick, so I felt that selling it to Gamestation was better than selling it to a forumite.

Still, this time next year, I'll be a millionaire. :P

Currently, I'm trying to obtain every single Ocean and Imagine Spectrum games (original's, not the Hit Squad rereleases). Some titles are proving to be more difficult to find that other. Rygal will succeed. After that I'll be trying for either Elite games or Hewson games.

Damn my obsessive Spectrum collecting.

So, like, that was hopefully a cue of "Hey, I've got Midnight Resistance for the ZX Spectrum and it's in very good condition, have it for £2 and that includes P&P!".

So, like, that was hopefully a cue of "Hey, I've got Midnight Resistance for the ZX Spectrum and it's in very good condition, have it for £2 and that includes P&P!".

Actually, I was going to ask "What games do you need to complete your Ocean/Imagine collection?"

Also, are you just collecting Imagine games from when Ocean bought the name or from right at the start when they were releasing stuff like Arcadia?

Nope, bloody everything. I've started so now I've got to finish. Admittedly, I still have quite a few Ocean games to get, you don't realise how many games they actually released untii you go throough your collection and say to yourself, 'Phew, that's quite a lot' then you get the complete list of Ocean games every released for the Spectrum and the only thing you can say after that is 'Bugger'.

The thing is, I think I now have more Ocean games (and others, for that matter) than I had 15-20 years ago and I was sure I had a lot back then but looking at my collection now and don't seem to have a lot.

Now, with a regular income and money not something you have to really worry about when it comes to buying Speccy games now (99p, eh, I'll take the 50 titles you have, my good man) I'm greedily snapping up all the titles that I would like - not to eventually sell later on, you understand, but because I love the Spectrum so much and what it means to me.

So, the list of Ocean/Imagine games I'm still trying to get are still quite big (well, the Imagine list isn't that big). I apologise for this list.

Imagine

Arkanoid 2 Revenge of Doh

Dragon Ninja

Basket Master

Galivan

Guerilla War

Konami's Golf

Legend of Kage

Mag Max

Game Over 2 (or Phantis, whatever you want to call it this week)

Salamander

Typhoon

Victory Road

WEC Le Mans

World Series Baseball

World Series Basketball

Yie Ar Kung Fu 128

Yie Are Kung Fu 2

Ocean

The Addams Family

Adidas Championship Football

Battle Command

Beach Volley

Cabal

Chase HQ

Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge

Darkman

Digger Dan

Gilligan's Gold

Gutz

Hudson Hawk

Hunchback - The Adventure

It's a Knockout

Knight Rider

Kong 2

Madballs

Mailstrom

Midnight Resistance

Mutants

NARC

Navy Seals

Night Breed

Operation Wolf

Pang

Phantom Club

Plotting

Pud Pud

Rambo 3

Robocop 2

Robocop 3

Roland's Rat Race

Run the Gauntlet

Shadow Warriors

Bart Simpson vs Space Mutants

Sly Spy

Smash TV

Space Gun

Street Hawk

Superbowl

Tank

Total Recall

Top Gun

Aaaand relax. Somebody help a compulsive obsessive out, please.

Total Recall