Booting 23rd-24th July

Pipster1969

I was at a boot sale this morning (i'm in the UK) and spotted the dirtiest VCS you've ever seen with loads of crappy looking joysticks and a dismantled rollerball, the seller wouldn't give me a price so i offered £10 but he was expecting a hell of a lot more than that. So i had look through anyway and spotted an oiginal '77 hex disc stick, without the disc unfortunately but very rare to find in this country anyway. He said he also had loads of very rare games, so i had a look and found the usual collection of text carts and at the bottom 2 loaner carts!! I picked them out and asked how much and we settled on £10 for these 3 items, result i thought so i was chatting to him and told him what they were and why the joystick was unusual and he told he got them from the ex- sales manager of Atari in 1981 which was intersting. A bit later i strolled past him again and he called me over and said he'd found 2 more unusual carts, 1 which was plain black with a small white label with 'NTSC Steller Track' on it and a lab loaner Pac man, i asked how much and he said because of what i'd told him he was going to hold on to them, i feel like such an idiot now. I also got a SNES for £3.

Here's a pic of the Atari stuff....

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c625937.html

Normally the car boot has nothing at alll, but I found this today:

irjoypads3vo.jpg

(sorry for rubbish camera phone photo)

It's 2 infra-red mega drive controllers and it works quite well. Can't seem to find anything about them online, only found the master system version which one site say are "rare and highly sought after". The mega drive controller cord is stupidly short, so they're great ;)

Also got 4 mega drive games for £2.

I had a good mornings findings!

1 x Nintendo Large Power glove

1 x boxed Master System

14 x Megadrive and Master sytem games

3 x Saturn Games

14 x Boxed Snes Games

2 x N64 games

2 x NES mint boxed games(Kirbys adventures and Turtles)

Lethal Enforcers Gun and Game megadrive set

Nothing great in the games above but got the lot for £60.

I also got a boxed PS1 with 15 games for £15 including FFVII,FFVIII and FFIX!

I just missed out on 2 x Boxed Saturns,and a NES Advantage joypad absolutely mint in box and unused.

Lets hope there is no rain for Sunday morning!

Nice find, Pip!

Indeed! I've always wanted to add a few of these to the collection.

Excellent stuff. I'd be interested to see what daft price the seller puts his remaining loaners on Ebay for.

Well, there's two local booters near me tomorrow. If the weather holds out I'm hoping to go to both. It's getting pretty dark here at the moment so am not holding out too much hope.

Rob

Hopefully go to my first carboot of the year tomorrow!

MK bowl here I come...with just a tenner.

EDIT: Just a Super Gameboy for £2. ;) Typical how much for the NES? oh £25- situations.

Though my brother did pretty well....he'll post it in a minute.

It started drizzling on the way back, I thought the box I had my Speccy stuff in would collapse.

Everything seems to work fine, just had a quick go on Jet Set Willy. Operation Wolf doesn't work though, I think I'm missing a tape: the case is big enough for two and there's only one. :lol:

Still, quite a find. There's about 50 tapes, and loads of Crash magazine demos.

It started drizzling on the way back, I thought the box I had my Speccy stuff in would collapse.

Everything seems to work fine, just had a quick go on Jet Set Willy. Operation Wolf doesn't work though, I think I'm missing a tape: the case is big enough for two and there's only one. :P

Still, quite a find. There's about 50 tapes, and loads of Crash magazine demos.

Did you try both sides of Op Wolf? iirc its a multi loader so it'll either be duplicated on both sides or (quite likely) the main game on side 1 with the levels on side 2 - most people end up leaving the tape wound to side 2 after a session.

Did you try both sides of Op Wolf? iirc its a multi loader so it'll either be duplicated on both sides or (quite likely) the main game on side 1 with the levels on side 2 - most people end up leaving the tape wound to side 2 after a session.

Interesting. I'll give it another go later. Was the larger case just to make it stand out on the shelf?

Interesting. I'll give it another go later. Was the larger case just to make it stand out on the shelf?

Yep. Ocean used to do this with their titles towards the late Eighties and early Nineties.

I'm pretty syre Antiriad2097's right. Flip the tape over and try that side. If you look at the tape carefully it should indicate which side has the program and which has just the levels.

As yours is a 128k machine everything should load in one go from side one.

Rob

Yep. Ocean used to do this with their titles towards the late Eighties and early Nineties.

I'm pretty syre Antiriad2097's right. Flip the tape over and try that side. If you look at the tape carefully it should indicate which side has the program and which has just the levels.

As yours is a 128k machine everything should load in one go from side one.

Rob

Rocking. :P

A bit later i strolled past him again and he called me over and said he'd found 2 more unusual carts, 1 which was plain black with a small white label with 'NTSC Steller Track' on it and a lab loaner Pac man, i asked how much and he said because of what i'd told him he was going to hold on to them, i feel like such an idiot now. I also got a SNES for £3.

If they thought anything in that box was valuable, beyond car boot sale hype / bantor they would have had them up on ebay in a second... Therefore I never seem too keen, its hard though when I see a big box of n64...

This guy I see a few times a month, was following me around this morning. His new trick is to act all innocent. I watched him today... He keeps on calling this NES in front of him a "PC", the seller is "No, no mate its a console", toy buyer is like "Not sure what you mean?" seller goes something like "You can play games on that its a Nintendo", toy buyer as if the penny had finally dropped goes "ohhhhhhhhhhh so you can play PC games on it?" seller is getting pissed off, gets the games out of the car, and toy buyer is still playing "dumb", toy buyer then does the seller a "favour" and gives him £5...

Enjoy.

Well a good weekend considering the rain. Went to a "big boot" which in turned out to be about 20 stalls in the end. Though picked up 3 boxed SNES games and turned down about 4 other games which were all football.

Alien 3

Bomberman

mortal kombat

Next boot is very popular with at least 5 other buyers who try to dismantle the car before anything comes out of the boot. They seem to have changed tactics to looking for video's, cd's and games and other toys. Now poor kids do not get a look in.

The week before they missed a Phillips CDi system boxed with original games, documents etc. This week there was an Atari 65 XE that my friend brought up for a few quid including games and tape system.

Prices are expensive, some jokers want upto 50 quid for dreamcasts on their own !

Prices are expensive, some jokers want upto 50 quid for dreamcasts on their own !

some lady wanted £30 for a Game Boy Clour and 3 games, i had to ask her twice before i could believe what she had said :P

I told her that i had just bought one from another stall holder for £3 and then wished her good luck and moved on.

Picked up a few bits and bobs, most intresting find was Volume 1 Issue 1 of Atari something or another magazine (can't bloody remember the name now :rolleyes:) anyway i paid 10p for it and about 5 later issues.

Ouch! They probably remember paying out big money for it back in the day, and don't realise its worth bugger all now.

The weather was awful, but decided to go out anyway, managed to find a few bargains before the rain finally arrived, got the following:

rllmuk31.jpg

NINTENDO 64: 9 games (all loose) - £22 the lot

DREAMCAST: Console, 3 controllers, VMU, 3 good games, 6 tosh games (all loose) - £15 the lot

MD: 4-in-1 multi including (GunStar Heroes), Sonic Spinball (all loose) - £2 each

PS1:

7 games – £1 each or less

Broken Sword 2, Oh No! More Lemmings, Crash Team Racing - £12 the lot

Guide Book: Pokemon Gold & Silver – 20p

MEGADRIVE: Earth Worm Jim (complete), Aladdin (complete), Justice League (no book) - £3 the lot.

This seller and I were having a lovely chat about their multi-mega that they left at home :rolleyes::(:P B)

GAMEBOY: Original console, 2 games (all loose) - £2 the lot

GAMECUBE: 6 games (all complete) - £20 the lot

Fingers crossed for better weather next week, so we can all go out and play...

Went charity shopping today (no boots nearby) and picked up something odd.

Sonic the Hedgehog Turbo Challenge road race set.

Its basically one of those fairly standard figure 8 battery operated Scalextric clones that every catalogue/toy shop stocks but this has Sonic all over the box and branded controllers. The cars have Sonic and Tails stickers on their bonnets too. Other than the branding stickers thre doesn't appear to be anything else I noticed that makes this Sega specific. Its licensed by DSI iirc.

Can't find any info on t'interweb yet, the only place Google turned up a match is blocked at work. If I can find a piccy I'll add a link.

Anyone heard of it?

I vaguely remember something like that existing from my childhood. Nothing stupidly rare i'd imagine but a nice item for a sonic collector!

How much was it, by the way?

The princely sum of £2.75. Not unreasonable I thought - if its not collectable I know a child who's into Sonic. Won't give it him if its a collector thing though as he'll trash it.

There's one here for £20 but picture is rubbish:

http://www.vintagetoybox.co.uk/electronic.htm

A marginally better pic here:

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic/sonic...eset/index.html

The complete lack of info online does make me wonder if I've stumbled into something nice with this one. I'd have thought there'd be at least a few more hits if it was a common thing, and what man can resist the heady mix of electrickery and cars?

List games pls.

BTW, am I the only person who finds the Master System 1 the most appealing console design ever?

:P

I will post a list tonight when i get in, but honestly nothing special. I think the orginal is a great looking machine, much better than the blob that is the Master System 2. I can't believe i bought a really beautiful boxed super mint one for a fiver a couple of years ago and then sold it :D .

List games pls.

BTW, am I the only person who finds the Master System 1 the most appealing console design ever?

:P

I dunno, the red panel graphic always reminds me of the operator diagrams you get on Yamaha keyboards...