IGNORED

Resident Evil

Let us measure

Which B scenario? RE 2 was the best, or at least the one I enjoyed most, partly because of the four playthroughs, depending on which side of the car which character gets out.

It's the 'official' Leon A - Claire B scenario.

And I never played the original Resi unfortunately (was never a Playstation-owning lad). I'm basing all my experiences on REmake.

you should try and grab a copy from some where, try the director cut version, the original was great for its time but compared to remake its got nothing, also there are areas in the remake that weren't in the orignal, lisa a new addition to this one too

If people are planning on getting these, this is, IMO the definitive list:

RE Zero (Cube)

REmake (Cube - but, if you see it cheap, get the Director's cut on the PS1 if you can as well)

RE2 (Dreamcast)

RE3 (Dreamcast)

RE:CV-X - (Cube)

RE4 (Cube)

Maximum RE goodness in it's best formats.

If people are planning on getting these, this is, IMO the definitive list:

RE Zero (Cube)

REmake (Cube - but, if you see it cheap, get the Director's cut on the PS1 if you can as well)

RE2 (Dreamcast)

RE3 (Dreamcast)

RE:CV-X - (Cube)

RE4 (Cube)

Maximum RE goodness in it's best formats.

What has CV: X on GC got over the DC original, or indeed the PS2 version?

CV-X has extra cut scenes involving Wesker and Chris that ties the story up more tightly. Both the PS2 and Cube versions have this. I'm not sure there's much to choose between the cube and PS2 so I just went for the one with the better controller and that fact that it'll sut next to zero, remake and 4 instead of being with all your PS2 games.

CV-X has extra cut scenes involving Wesker and Chris that ties the story up more tightly. Both the PS2 and Cube versions have this. I'm not sure there's much to choose between the cube and PS2 so I just went for the one with the better controller and that fact that it'll sut next to zero, remake and 4 instead of being with all your PS2 games.

Cool. I can't really remember what happens at the end of CV, so I'll definitely get that at some point.

People talk about a RE2 remake, but a CV update would be more than welcome. In the REmake style though, not à la RE4. Only minus the door animations.

I liked Codename Veronica,  but that boss battle on the plane is... crap. Well its crap if you dont have any ammo.

Twice i have got to the plane and have failed both times to kill him. I really cant be bothered to play it again, and REALLY save my ammo.

3 BOW rounds and a couple of exploding arrows and he's history. Easiest fight in the game, I found but then again, I did have the foresight to think the BOW rounds should be saved for something really nasty instead of using them on the first Bandersnatch to leap out of a cupboard or something.

I loved the fact that there was really four ways to play through Resi 2 because playing a different character for each scenario gave different cut scenes. ie. The mayor (or is that chief?) dies in a different way - (Either dragged down a hole and chopped horizontally, or bursting open vertically...if I remember correctly...which I'm not sure I do...)

Yeah, 4 scenarios and then you've got MORE with Hunk and Tofu's bonus mission.

As Claire, the Chief either gets cut in half or impregnated and then explodes from the inside. Awesome gore for the time.

With Leon, it's the poor reporter Ben Bertolucci who gets the honour of either being clawed to pieces or imploding.

3 BOW rounds and a couple of exploding arrows and he's history. Easiest fight in the game, I found but then again, I did have the foresight to think the BOW rounds should be saved for something really nasty instead of using them on the first Bandersnatch to leap out of a cupboard or something.

What's happened to your avatar? :wub: Me no likee!

Anyhoo, it is possible to do that boss without firing a single shot. You just gotta be quick and get him to do his big attack near the back of the plane then leg it and release the crate. Do it quick enough and he can't stop it before being jettisoned. Easy. But hard at the same time. :o

is there a resident evil story outline somewhere, detailing dates and events involving wesker, the viruses etc? some parts seem to have slipped my mind.

There's an excellent plot analysis on GameFaqs:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/re...t_evil_plot.txt

It's extremely in depth and spoilertastic obviously, but it's great just to dip into and check for reference, or indeed read in a couple of sessions.

It isn't mine, but I do enjoy pimping it anyway.

:)

There's an excellent plot analysis on GameFaqs:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/re...t_evil_plot.txt

It's extremely in depth and spoilertastic obviously, but it's great just to dip into and check for reference, or indeed read in a couple of sessions.

It isn't mine, but I do enjoy pimping it anyway.

:)

Just fyi, you can't link direct to gamefaqs articles. But I might have a browse through the site for it anyway, thanks.

I loved the fact that there was really four ways to play through Resi 2 because playing a different character for each scenario gave different cut scenes. ie. The mayor (or is that chief?) dies in a different way - (Either dragged down a hole and chopped horizontally, or bursting open vertically...if I remember correctly...which I'm not sure I do...)

The orginal game was even more varied each time you played it, a lot of people don't seem to realise this. There were 11 proper endings, in which:

Barry sometimes died, sometimes didn't die.

Rebbecca somtimes died, sometimes didn't die. She could get her head taken off by hunters in the library.

Chris could die or not die, depending on if you saved him or not as Jill.

Jill could die or not die, depending on if if you saved her or not as Chris.

The mansions somtimes blew up, sometimes it didn't and there was no countdown for the final boss. If there was no countdown, you never got thrown the rocket launcher for the final boss either, which was a total bastard.

And this is one I've never seen but one of my friends said he saw, Wesker wasn't killed by the tyrant but ran off into the boiler room, where he was decapitated by one of the skinless monkey things that crawl across the rafters in there.

Plus any of these scenarios could be mixed and matched with some characters in the ending sequence and not others, etc.

I also have no idea what events actually affected whether the mansion blew up/Barry dies/Rebecca dies, it just seemed random, unlike saving Jill or Chris which was directly up to the player.

I also have no idea what events actually affected whether the mansion blew up/Barry dies/Rebecca dies, it just seemed random, unlike saving Jill or Chris which was directly up to the player.

Yup, I have no idea either, time taken perhaps? I think I've maybe had Barry die but I never had rebecca die but I remember in one of the credits videos you can see her head get taken off (I think if you don't do particularly well). I always thought "how the hell do you get that to happen?".

The orginal game was even more varied each time you played it, a lot of people don't seem to realise this.  There were 11 proper endings, in which:

Barry sometimes died, sometimes didn't die.

Rebbecca somtimes died, sometimes didn't die.  She could get her head taken off by hunters in the library.

Chris could die or not die, depending on if you saved him or not as Jill.

Jill could die or not die, depending on if if you saved her or not as Chris.

The mansions somtimes blew up, sometimes it didn't and there was no countdown for the final boss.  If there was no countdown, you never got thrown the rocket launcher for the final boss either, which was a total bastard.

And this is one I've never seen but one of my friends said he saw, Wesker wasn't killed by the tyrant but ran off into the boiler room, where he was decapitated by one of the skinless monkey things that crawl across the rafters in there.

Plus any of these scenarios could be mixed and matched with some characters in the ending sequence and not others, etc. 

It all wasn't random, either. Depending on what to say to Barry in the catacombs, and whether or not you wait for him to return with some rope, he lives or dies.

Rebecca is placed in danger if you don't tell her to stay in the save room, and she dies if you don't kill the hunter in time.

Chris/Jill (depending on who you are) die if you don't obtain the 3 passcodes and free them from the lab's jail.

If none of your teammates have made it, the lab won't blow up. You'll only fight the Tyrant once - it doesn't appear on the helipad.

Wesker will be killed by the lab monkeys instead of the Tyrant sometimes; I can't remember what exactly you have to do to have this happen.

Good stuff - is this all gone from REmake though?

I wonder if they did all that because they couldn't be sure they would get a sequel - I don't think there was any ending that fits in with how it progresses to RE2.

Survive with at least Chris, Jill and Barry, letting Wesker be killed by the tyrant and not the monkeys, and ensure that the mansion blows up.

That's the ending that fits RE2 and the rest of the series, because Chris and Jill are playable characters in later games and Barry saves you at the end of RE3. Wesker comes back too it's safe to assume he didn't get decapitated in the mansion. Sadly it looks like Rebbecca bought it.

Survive with at least Chris, Jill and Barry, letting Wesker be killed by the tyrant and not the monkeys, and ensure that the mansion blows up.  That's the ending that fits RE2 and the rest of the series.

Yeah, but Rebecca survived too. Strange that they didn't fix that caveat with the REmake, although it might have been a pain to work Barry into Chris' game and Rebecca into Jill's game.

I'd like to think Chris' game was the official take, and Barry just fucked off into the forest with his .357, kicking arse until he reached the city. That would make an excellent sub-mission.

When does Rebecca re-appear in the series? I always assumed she must have died, because I cant remember her ever mentioned in any of the following games.

Bear in mind that I havent played RE0 in case that answers anything.

I'd like to think Chris' game was the official take, and Barry just fucked off into the forest with his .357, kicking arse until he reached the city. That would make an excellent sub-mission.

Of course that's what he did, I'd expect nothing less from Barry. The only guy in the RE universe who could beat the shit out of Chris, no problem. :blink:

What a guy.

When does Rebecca re-appear in the series?  I always assumed she must have died, because I cant remember her ever mentioned in any of the following games.

Bear in mind that I havent played RE0 in case that answers anything.

It's always been assumed that the proper storyline is a mixture of Chris' and Jill's scenarios. All the fan sites, guides etc. list Rebecca as a survivor, but I don't think it's ever been explicitly confirmed either way.

(RE0 spoiler spoint)

And RE0 ends with Rebecca discovering the mansion, as Billy Coen naffs off. I don't think Capcom would make her such a prominent character, then kill her off. But who knows?

:(

Come to think of it, that scenario does make good sense.

"There are only three STARS members left now - Chris, Wesker and myself. We don't know where Barry is..."

Yeah? That's because he's out there running amok among the foliage, kicking arse and taking names like a bear-sized, bearded biyatch! Good ol' Bazza...

:(

Come to think of it, that scenario does make good sense.

"There are only three STARS members left now - Chris, Wesker and myself. We don't know where Barry is..."

Yeah? That's because he's out there running amok among the foliage, kicking arse and taking names like a bear-sized, bearded biyatch! Good ol' Bazza...

or maybe he hung himself, like the JUDAS that he is...

-_-

Sorry to bring this up, but I'm halfway through Resi 0 and I would have appreciate that in spoilers.

-_-

Fuck, sorry man. The reaching the mansion bit was obvious, but Billy's fate wasn't. Fixed, even if it's a bit late.

And Sean, Barry HAD to do it, man! Wesker had his family! :(