IGNORED

Recommend A Nes Title

Lorfarius

Its my first pay day since starting a new job this week and I fancy wasting some of it on NES games to build my growing collection. At the moment I want something thats fun to play and a good game, whether its rare or not doesnt matter :D Anyone got any suggestions?

I used to love Snake Rattle and Roll which is certainly "Rare" but not in that way!

Fucking brill game. A childhood fave of mine. <_<

All the others mentioned so far are must-haves.

Obviously you want Metroid, the three Castlevania games, the 2 Zeldas, Burai Fighter, Isolated Warrior and Low G man as well. I'll post more as they come to me.

You should get A Boy And His Blob to prepare for the unrivalled excitement of the forthcoming DS sequel.

Whoa, I hadn't even heard about the sequel. Another childhood fave! Don't think I ever finished that one...

As for NES RPG's, check out Gargoyle's Quest. :)

Ive already got Solar Jetman and to be frank....I suck at it big time!! Its rock hard but a good game :ph34r:

Im going to give Low G Man, Boy n his blob and Shadow Warriors a whirl. Theres one of each on ebay. Considering Super Turrican and Probotector too.

RPGs? Bloody hell no one mentioned the dragon warrior series! 3 and 4 are considered the best on nes. Also check out Crystalis, SNK made some dodgy nes games but this is actually rather good. There's also star tropics 1 and 2 by Nintendo but i'm not sure what they're like.

Kid Icarus! I've been playing through it at the moment and it's a classic. No idea why this didn't go on to spawn as many sequals as Nintendo's other platformers, it's fun, challenging and pretty unique in it's way, with a good mix of side-scrolling and up/down levels, and hard Zelda-esque mazy dungeons.

here's a post i made earlier

Some nifty nes games;

*deep breath*

Blue Shadow/Shadow of the Ninja

Adventure Island 4

Clash at Demonhead

Little Samson

Bionic Commando

Ninja Gaiden 1+2 (stupidly frustrating these days)

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest

Castlevania 3j (japanese version has an extra sound chip for vastly improved sound)

Dragon Warrior 3 + 4

Double Dragon 2 (not a direct arcade port)

Batman

Batman: Return of the Joker

Blaster Master

Bubble Bobble

Bubble Bobble Part 2(more of the same but with greatly improved graphics and sound)

Boulderdash

Cobra Triangle

Duck Tales

Faxanadu

Final Fantasy 3

Goonies 2

Gradius 1+2

Jackie Chan

Kabuki: Quantum Fighter

Kirby

Kiwi Kraze/New Zealand Story

Mighty Final Fight (super deformed bashy shenanigans that actually plays well)

Contra/Probotector/Gryzor (j version has an intro, cut scenes in between stages and extra animations ommited from us/pal versions - RUDE)

Rush n Attack/Green Beret

Cobra Triangle

ExciteBike

Rainbow Islands

Parasol Stars

RC Pro Am

Rod Land

River City Ransom/Street Gangs/Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (there is also a jap sequel with different gameplay)

Rygar

Salamander

Snake Rattle and Roll (yes it's good)

Star Wars

Super mario 1, 2, 3

Konami World 1+2/Wai Wai World

Yume Penguin Monogatari

Zelda 1+2 (1 is very dated now)

Kid Dracula (jap only can't remember the original title)

Sweet Home (capcoms first survival horror title and precursor to RE Series)

others i forgot