IGNORED

The Deadest Kid In The World

moosegrinder

I don't get what a Regulatory Compliance Manager would do for Xbox, aside from the FCC and CE regs, which I think cover things like electrical safety and radio bradcasting things.

There's absolutely no way someone in charge of that kind of thing would be allowed to take a 360 home.

So do some people think the 360 he has sitting next to him is made of cardboard? Seems a little far-fetched.

It will be interesting to find out the story behind this! Any more news, Monkichi?

Like I said when Halo 2 and GTA were leaked before release (and what I say regarding the majority of other leaked info):

It was all planned by the corporations themselves, for free publicity.

And having posted here, I am now part of this media machine, freely helping M$ earn more money like everyone else getting excited by this. I have no doubt it will translate directly into more sales.

How anyone can NOT come to as paranoid a conclusion as me, is well, beyond me.

Like Seteven said. Marketing. And good marketing too.

So do some people think the 360 he has sitting next to him is made of cardboard? Seems a little far-fetched.

It will be interesting to find out the story behind this! Any more news, Monkichi?

Yesterday's jovial approch to this has been replaced with a "don't mention it" atmosphere. Maybe the US offices have had loads of people asking and it's gotten them in a bad mood, I don't know. :D

One small thing, NDAs only cover stuff which isn't in the public domain. Pictures of the machine are in the public domain already. If it's someone's kid the the worst that's going to happen is the kid will get a spanking from his dad.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the "dolphin application", which is only present in the devkits (The Xbox XDKs also have them). For a kid who can barely string a sentance together it seems to know a bit about the XDK menus.

Very interesting nonetheless. Could you keep us updated, Monkichi? <_<

Well I don't think I'm going to find out any time soon, unless I email the Compliance Manager in the US who is probably sick to death of hearing about this. The subject is closed over here it would seem.

The truth will come out I'm sure.

Like I said when Halo 2 and GTA were leaked before release (and what I say regarding the majority of other leaked info):

It was all planned by the corporations themselves, for free publicity.

Don't be so ridiculous. Why would any company plan negative publicity to sell their product?

If it was a viral campaign surely a few fuzzy shots of a next-gen demo would cause a bit more dick sucking then Halo 2 title screens.

I feel this is more than a storm in a teacup. It is the birth of a universe inside a mouses tear duct.

They do say that any publicity is good publicity. Besides, with the PS3 putting so much emphasis on backwards compatibility it is only obvious that this is one of the most anticipated features of the Xbox 360.

Personally backwards compatibility would definitely persuade me to buy one when it is launched. And I am sure a few other people might just do the same. Of course this could be nothing more than a marketing ploy by Microsoft.

If the guy in the picture is a Sony fan more than any other console manufacturer then this makes perfect sense. What better than to expose the next-generation console from their main rival and make them look bad and cause controversy?

The father of the guy has 'apparently' been fired.

If you scroll down through all the posts you see a few interesting ones and then you find this:

'John Sterling Says:

July 19th, 2005 at 3:36 pm

Good Afternoon,

As of right yesterday the father of the child playing the Xbox360

has been Terminated from our company and the Xbox360 has been returned to the QA team.

Thank you for posting pictures of this incident you have helped stop the potential selling of Microsoft Hardware Illegally.

John Sterling

QA Manager

Microsoft Corp. '

Playing with fire obviously does get you burnt. This could be false though, there is something about the phrase 'As of right yesterday' that seems unprofessional and not like Microsoft at all.

The father of the guy has 'apparently' been fired.

If you scroll down through all the posts you see a few interesting ones and then you find this:

'John Sterling Says:

July 19th, 2005 at 3:36 pm

Good Afternoon,

As of right yesterday the father of the child playing the Xbox360

has been Terminated from our company and the Xbox360 has been returned to the QA team.

Thank you for posting pictures of this incident you have helped stop the potential selling of Microsoft Hardware Illegally.

John Sterling

QA Manager

Microsoft Corp. '

Playing with fire obviously does get you burnt.  This could be false though, there is something about the phrase 'As of right yesterday' that seems unprofessional and not like Microsoft at all.

I don't buy that. I really don't see Microsoft airing its filthy launcry in public. if he's fired, they'd do it with the minimum of fuss and they certainly wouldn't announce it to the internet, thanking people for bringing the pictures to their attention.

I don't buy that.  I really don't see Microsoft airing its filthy launcry in public.  if he's fired, they'd do it with the minimum of fuss and they certainly wouldn't announce it to the internet, thanking people for bringing the pictures to their attention.

Yeah. The reply is clearly nonsense.

:) Well this has started a shitstorm at work now. The kid says his dad is the Compliance Manager on Xbox 360. I, and most in my office, know the guy, and yes, he has kids. However, it's highly unlikely his kids would do something as retarded as this. I'll know by tomorrow though.

As most of you probably know, devkits are black so it wouldn't look like that, and I've not heard of staff taking any sort of kit home like that, Compliance Managers or not.

What is it that you do at Microsoft Monkichi?