IGNORED

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Nds

Cyhwuhx

The last level on Insane never fails to pwn me right in the face. I cant get anywhere on it. As soon as I try it I seem to just slip into a bad habit of grazing the screen so lightly and quickly that nothing happens :(

Still, I'm wasting hours just playing the others levels and difficulties ;)

Really can't do RSG on normal. I've been trying for aggees now. Which is a pain as I'd like to try the other levels on hard.

You can access hard mode without having to complete normal mode. I accidently started playing through on hard on my first go :S

You can access hard mode without having to complete normal mode.  I accidently started playing through on hard on my first go :S

Not true. You were playing Normal mode instead of Easy. Easy's the bottom one, Normal the top. Then Hard mode is only unlocked by beating Normal.

And in anwer to the query about anything after Hard mode - yeah. Insane mode.

Hard mode is definitely the best difficulty, IMO.

Anyone S-ranked RSG on Insane? I've got within a whisker, but there's always one I manage to miss. I've A-ranked it about 8 times, but can't quite get the S. I think I need one of blue's wooden styli perhaps (or a new DS - my touchscreen is scratched to fook)

Not true. You were playing Normal mode instead of Easy. Easy's the bottom one, Normal the top. Then Hard mode is only unlocked by beating Normal.

And in anwer to the query about anything after Hard mode - yeah. Insane mode.

Hard mode is definitely the best difficulty, IMO.

Anyone S-ranked RSG on Insane? I've got within a whisker, but there's always one I manage to miss. I've A-ranked it about 8 times, but can't quite get the S. I think I need one of blue's wooden styli perhaps (or a new DS - my touchscreen is scratched to fook)

That was just normal :) (I can't read Japanese just yet ;))

I'm screwed if I'm ever getting hard mode then...

That was just normal  :) (I can't read Japanese just yet ;))

I'm screwed if I'm ever getting hard mode then...

Nah.

Hard is fine, it generally fits the music that little bit better and flows nicely.

The meteor song (I guess thats what this RSG everyone keeps talking about) on Hard is double hard though.

I had a two hour in a wait in Prague airport yesterday where I was continually trying RSG on Hard.

Got on the plane and kept trying. It finally fell somewhere over France. I was SO happy.

Working my way through Insane mode now.

After spending so long on RSG on Hard insane seems a little bit easier. I've already cracked 4 levels. (I even bit 'Linda Linda' on my first go).

the pottery guy on the easy mode,fuck,its pissing me off. this game is gaming crack. What is the criteria for A's. is it to do with scores or the number of '300's you get?

For an 'S' you need to hit pretty much everything with 300's. Miss one and you're in 'A' territory.

the pottery guy on the easy mode,fuck,its pissing me off. this game is gaming crack. What is the criteria for A's. is it to do with scores or the number of '300's you get?

According to teh gamefaqs scoring faq for an A you need to hit 80% 300s and it doesnt matter what the other 20% are.

To get an S you need 90% 300s and you cannot miss anything. It doesnt matter the proportion of 100s and 50s though.

What about that number on the bottom left (combos?)? Does it increase your score like a multiplyer?

Yep its a multiplier.

Hitting the targets increases it by one, so to do the little dots in the draggy line things, and completing the spiny thing adds one too.

Also the background flame increases with the multiplier.

The combo is very important to get good scores but is irrelevant in terms of rank I believe.

The formula used to derive the value of each hit is as follows:

Easy : X + (Y - 2) * (X / 25)

Normal: X + (Y - 2) * (X / 10)

Hard: X + (Y - 2) * (X / 5)

Where X = Hit value

Y = Combo value

If there's one thing thats true with this game its that the difficulty of specific songs is a very individual thing. Different people have wildly varying reports as to what songs are hard or easy. I did that song on about my 3rd go for instance.

-Jools

Nah.

Hard is fine, it generally fits the music that little bit better and flows nicely.

The meteor song (I guess thats what this RSG everyone keeps talking about) on Hard is double hard though.

If there's one thing thats true with this game its that the difficulty of specific songs is a very individual thing.  Different people have wildly varying reports as to what songs are  hard or easy.  I did that song on about my 3rd go for instance.

-Jools

Yeah I completed most of hard on my first go.

Some of the songs I found difficult on the lesser levels (like the blasted potter) I breezed through first time on hard.

That meteor though! GAH! :D

Still at least theres all the others to play through - Im rediscovering the studying boy song at the moment - its probably my least played level and I'm begining to fall in love with the song.

The music in this is simply fantastic!

The combo is very important to get good scores but is irrelevant in terms of rank I believe.

The formula used to derive the value of each hit is as follows:

Easy :  X + (Y - 2) * (X / 25)

Normal: X + (Y - 2) * (X / 10)

Hard:  X + (Y - 2) * (X /  5)

Where X = Hit value

Y = Combo value

Yeah it can vary a lot. From my long session in the airport yesterday I was seeing some MASSIVE variations in score on RSG.

Taking the score just to the first break I was seeing scores ranging from 140,000 (when I hadn't done very well and subsequently the first meteor hits the earth), to over 600,000 when presumably I'd managed to get a run without missing any.

Also, how did you find out those equations ?

Ready Steady Go Hard mode just raped me up the ass. :(

Fun, though. :)

It took me a while to crack that.

The amusing thing was beating it on the plane, the guy next to me was watching me scribble away like a maniac.

It must have either looked really cool or really stupid.

Though i suspect it's the latter.