IGNORED

Booting 16th-17th July

Pipster1969

Not all gaming stuff but still retro and interesting....

1 x 1968 Commodore car radio £1

1 x 1978 Starbird complete £3

1 x Coleco 4 in 1 £1

1 x C64 (old style) boxed

1 x Commodore dic drive boxed

1 x Commodore printer boxed

1 x C64 Music Machine boxed

plus various discs etc .

all for £20

I don't collect Commodore stuff but he was going to throw it if i didn't buy it so have a look and let me know if anything is of interest to you, i'm intersting in trading for Spectrum ROM carts or Atari stuff.

Here's some photos.....

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c617386.html

After finding nothing but crappy PS1 games at the big boot this morning I found the following at my old school fair this afternoon.

Original Game Boy

Super Mario Land 2

Wario Land

Yoshi's Cookie

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Tennis

Lemmings

Official large Game Boy carry case to hold everything

Games are cart only but it's all in great nick.

50p the lot ;)

And to think I thought some of you guys were "creative" with your prices sometimes :)

Lovely, lovely weather here today and I was tempted to jump in the car and take in a boot sale but decided to spend the day chilling out as I haven't slept most of this week, thanks to the heat.

Looking forward to catching a few booties tomorrow, though

Some lovely bits and pieces there Pipster. A few questions, if I may...

- That Commodore radio. It was difficult to work out in the pictures if it was a proper car radio (which I think it is) or it it's a portable, as it says `portable/car radio`.

- Does the C64 disk drive work? I've had two of the buggers and neither worked.

Rob

It's sold as a radio for the car and not a household radio i guess before proper installed radios were common, it has a picture of the radio resting on the shelf under the glove box and has a socket to fit the arial from the car into. I'll scan the manual and post some pics, the warranty says it was bought in 1968 and it's in amazing condition.

Original Game Boy

Super Mario Land 2

Wario Land

Yoshi's Cookie

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Tennis

Lemmings

Official large Game Boy carry case to hold everything

Games are cart only but it's all in great nick.

50p the lot ;)

And to think I thought some of you guys were "creative" with your prices sometimes :)

That is a good price!!!

Hope the weather stays good for my weekly booting fix, tomorrow...

Some more pics of the Commodore radio plus scans of the manual.

I haven't tried the disc drive yet and i have to admit to not being a fan of the 64 even though i have 4 of them, it goes back to 1984 and the great rivalry i'm afraid and i am firmly on the Sinclair side unfortunately i find tons of Commodore stuff at boot sales and precious little Spectrum. :)

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c617481_13.html

Saw loads today including a Vectrex for £45 which had it's Minestorm overlay but i can't afford it at the moment and i already have one anyway. Also saw 3 x loose SNES and a boxed NES with boxed Zapper gun and 3 boxed games for £15 along with the usual Megadrives.

Here's what i did buy...

1 x working Bigtrak £2

1 x working Gamegear plus 30 games £5

1 x resident evil outbreak £2

1 x SNES Mario Kart £1

1 x PS1 Mortal Konbat 3 £1

1 x Neo Geo pocket with boxed Sonic £8

1 x PS2 lightgun £3

1 x funny looking Xbox controller £2

1 x boxed PS2 controller £2

All in all a pretty good weekend with yesterday stuff as well and it was all cheap. <_<

Here's some pics...

Not all gaming stuff but still retro and interesting....

1 x 1968 Commodore car radio £1

1 x 1978 Starbird complete £3

1 x Coleco 4 in 1 £1

1 x C64 (old style) boxed

1 x Commodore dic drive boxed

1 x Commodore printer boxed

1 x C64 Music Machine boxed

plus various discs etc .

all for £20

I don't collect Commodore stuff but he was going to throw it if i didn't buy it so have a look and let me know if anything is of interest to you, i'm intersting in trading for Spectrum ROM carts or Atari stuff.

Here's some photos.....

That Star Bird brings back some memories.

Always wanted one but had to play with a neighbours instead :)

That C64 is a great find.Been meaning to buy one for ages but to see one with a boxed disc drive and printer must be rare.

Saw loads today including a Vectrex for £45 which had it's Minestorm overlay but i can't afford it at the moment and i already have one anyway.

1 x working Bigtrak £2

He he, I took that to Gamestation after the boot and they gave me £60 for it.

Saw you walking round with that bigtrak, was quite jealous!! :)

Rich

Some more pics of the Commodore radio plus scans of the manual.

I haven't tried the disc drive yet and i have to admit to not being a fan of the 64 even though i have 4 of them, it goes back to 1984 and the great rivalry i'm afraid and i am firmly on the Sinclair side unfortunately i find tons of Commodore stuff at boot sales and precious little Spectrum.  :)

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c617481_13.html

Not a Commodore radio as such, but a KB (brand) radio which happens to be called Commodore.

I've got a beaut of a KB radio from the 50's, looks like a toaster.

anyway, back on topic...

1 x working Bigtrak £2

1 x working Gamegear plus 30 games £5

1 x resident evil outbreak £2

1 x SNES Mario Kart £1

1 x PS1 Mortal Konbat 3 £1

1 x Neo Geo pocket with boxed Sonic £8

1 x PS2 lightgun £3

1 x funny looking Xbox controller £2

1 x boxed PS2 controller £2

Thats a lot of gear for very little money - nice finds.

I've never seen a Vectrex at a boot sale :):( :(

Not a Commodore radio as such, but a KB (brand) radio which happens to be called Commodore.

I've got a beaut of a KB radio from the 50's, looks like a toaster.

anyway, back on topic...

Thanks for that, it's still a nice looking radio though.

Makes a change finding some good stuff and not having to pay a lot for it, the Bigtrak and Gamegear were both very pleasant surprises and that is the second Vectrex I've seen at a boot sale, first one i got for £20 and even got to test it using the blokes generator. :P

So there's competition eh? I've never seen anyone else buying retro stuff there.

I was the seller :P

There's plenty of competition there, I'm usually buying plus I know of at least 4 others at that boot alone all after retro stuff :D I've been going there for about the past 4-5 years :huh:

I recognise you from others in the area actually, did you sell much?

I've got loads of stuff from there without any problem, a couple of weeks ago i got a boxed Frogger tabletop cheap, the only sale in the area i avoid now is Taplow as there is too much competition and it's just not fun anymore. Sad to see people paying over the odds for crap just because it's there and if they don't someone else will.

I recognise you from others in the area actually, did you sell much?

I've got loads of stuff from there without any problem, a couple of weeks ago i got a boxed Frogger tabletop cheap, the only sale in the area i avoid now is Taplow as there is too much competition and it's just not fun anymore. Sad to see people paying over the odds for crap just because it's there and if they don't someone else will.

Yeah didn't do too badly actually. made a little over £200 :huh: My girlfriend didn't do so well unfortunately but it was still good fun. First boot I've done in about 10 years!!! Got rid of a lot of less valuable games and things that would be difficult to post to people.

I've had some great stuff from there over the years but like all boots, it's gone down hill from what it was. Taplow is a nightmare, I still go sometimes but rarely get anything good. I'm kind of done with serious booting now, I still enjoy a wander but don't buy like I used to :P

Still jealous about the bigtrak, been looking for one of those for years :D

What do you collect or looking for as i have a lot i really don't want?

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c482762_1.html

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c617481.html

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c584810.html

All the Commodore stuff i really don't want so if you know anyone who is interested let me know, i have about 8 boxed Atari woodys for sale and a load of other stuff, the only things i really buy for myself are Spectrum, Vectrex, Coleocvision or Atari stuff, the rest can go for the right price. I've got 2 genuine 'heavy sixer' Woodys for sale at the moment as well.

Went booting today to a massive booter, but very little to speak of. However, I stumbled upon one stall that had something called a Microvision, by MB games.

I'd never heard of the machine before, but it was boxed, and 4 games for it were also boxed.

Although I'd never heard of it, I was quite willing to pay a tenner for it, but when I asked how much it was he mumbled a few prices, and said if I wanted to buy items separately then the system would be £30, and the games £10 each. He then said I could have the whole lot for £45, and started telling me that "These old games machines are very rare and collectable now". *yawn*

Unfortunately I only had £20 on me, and as I'd never heard of the machine I decided to pass on it. However, once I returned home I did some research:

Binary Dinosaurs have some info and some photos:

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Mi...microvision.php

It's currently in the Retrogames.co.uk stock list at £100, with games costing £15.00 a pop:

Retrogames

There's also some info about the US model and games here:

http://users2.ev1.net/~rik1138/MB/uVUS.htm

So, did I make one of the biggest car booter mistakes ever, or have I saved myself £45 and some shelf space?

Rob

Went booting today to a massive booter, but very little to speak of. However, I stumbled upon one stall that had something called a Microvision, by MB games.

I'd never heard of the machine before,

Can't believe you've never heard of a microvision before, made by the same guy's who did the Vectrex basically - as for Rerogames having it up at £100, they want stupid amounts for a barcode battler so frankly their opinion isn't worth Jack on this matter (using the word "retro" disqualifies anyone for the right to an opinion on a mater.)

smashing machine, but worth a fraction of that.

Taplow is a nightmare,  I still go sometimes but rarely get anything good. 

It's the biggest punch up going as far as boot sales go, I've been there in a monsoon and it's still all kicked off - I loved it in the 90's, used to be smashing for atari stuff before all the latecomers turned up........