The Surreal F M Thread

Well my 360 broke. 3 red lights of fuck. After another unsatisfactory call to Micorsoft I went into town and swapped it over so I'm good for tomorrow. However I now have to have yet another uphill struggle to get the points to buy all the premium content to play offline....ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Also I don't have that many cars because I've not really played it all that much so I'll play with what I have.

Well my 360 broke. 3 red lights of fuck. After another unsatisfactory call to Micorsoft I went into town and swapped it over so I'm good for tomorrow. However I now have to have yet another uphill struggle to get the points to buy all the premium content to play offline....ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Also I don't have that many cars because I've not really played it all that much so I'll play with what I have.

Don't worry, I have 1 car.....a class G :(

You're bound to be better than me no matter what!

Do you not remember last time? He spent about a month of phonecalls trying to get MS to reimburse him with X amount of points to re-buy all of his XBLA games as if you put a HDD in a different XBox then you can only play the XBLA games while connected to Live - some form of DRM, essentially.

Paula/Tetch - it'll be worth your while getting a class F and E car at least, and perhaps a D - they're all still relatively cheap at that point. (actually, your car is an Audi TT, Paula - that's a class F; the Class Gs are all classics) Also, download the free content from XBLA as the best class E car is the Skyline, which is a free-download-only one. It'll cost $50,000 in-game once you've got the content.

Right, I dunno if we've covered this before but once you bought it you redownload it however many times you need right? So, even though you can do that you still have to be connected to xbox live? Clarify for the thicky.

To play any premium content the HDD serial no is linked to the console serial no and your gamertag because of DRM. So if you put your HDD in a different console the no's don't match and they can only link it via your gamertag and authorises it for use that way but as soon as you go offline it can't link it and cut's it off. If you do what I've done you have to then set-up a silver account and pay for all the stuff again so that it has DRM links. What a waste of time.

So yeah, ANOTHER battle with Microsoft...:(

As for TDU when I say I don't have much I mean I have cars in each class but not loads and loads.

Right, tonight is looking highly doubtful.

When I attached my HDD to the new 360 yesterday it told me I had to update the console before I could connect to Live. Then it crashed. I restarted it and it worked for a bit and then crashed again. No red lights or anything so before I got all angry I decided to go to bed and sleep on it.

Got up to try my 360 this morning and it booted just fine. Put a game in and it crashed again. Now the fucking thing crashes in the loading screen. Took the HDD off and the thing won't even boot. Called MS again and they said if I can access the System screen I can clear off ALL the updates which may help. I'm going to try it later on to see if I can make a swift visit to the menu and clear it all but it's not looking promising. Looks like I'm going to sacrifice my 360 off the cliff top if this carries on. :unsure:

Yep, sorry people. Right now I don't seem to be able to get the energy to do anything other than sulk about having to go to work tomorrow.

I've managed to watch 28 Days Later (for the first time) and now I might get into bed and watch some disney. Don't know what's wrong with me today but I'm dreading a week at work more than I usually do :ph34r:

I'm staying away from this place for a bit. It's doing my fucking head in and I spend too much time here, I have a vague recollection of saying this before so let's see if I can keep it up this time. If anyone needs me PM Paula and she'll tell me or chuck you me email. See you on tuesday most likely.

Right, as Jonny and Craig can attest to, I'm back on Live as I went back to Gamestation and got yet another 360 and it seems to be working fine now.

Sorry to hear that the Forum is fecking you off Stevo. I'm hopefully going to be around Tuesday night but I have to drive 250-odd miles on Wednesday so may just have a quiet evening. If I'm there then I'm there etc etc.

Right, it's come to my attention that I have been a miserable bastard of late. Subconsciously I have perhaps been taking some of the insults too far and as such have not been in the spirit of SFM. I am sorry if I have annoyed or upset anyone of late. I'll not get into the complications of the matter, but I will endeavour to change this as soon as possible. SFM is very important to me and I don't want to ruin it for me or anyone else. Sometimes this means I force myself on when I'm in a bad mood.

So errr why 49/50? Did you lose last night Donk? To Dave? Oh my....

Sorry I'm not around this week, Late night with work last night, Hot Fuzz tonight and my brother's band play live tomorrow night. Jam packed like a Dodger.

Maybe Sunday though, and maybe more of us than usual eh!? :) to those in the know...

Right, it's come to my attention that I have been a miserable bastard of late. Subconsciously I have perhaps been taking some of the insults too far and as such have not been in the spirit of SFM. I am sorry if I have annoyed or upset anyone of late. I'll not get into the complications of the matter, but I will endeavour to change this as soon as possible. SFM is very important to me and I don't want to ruin it for me or anyone else. Sometimes this means I force myself on when I'm in a bad mood.

We love you anyway Dave. Sheff meets not far off and I'm only a phone call away. Besides, if you don't feel up to it don't play. We all have off days and SFM isn't going to disintegrate if we have a break. So yeah, it's all cool baby :)

Oh, and Tetchy: :D