IGNORED

Car Booty?

El Pibe

Well...it's absolutely glorious today so I have decided to sack off the boot sales and come home early, so I can take my car boot widow girlfriend out somewhere nice! Thought I'd take the honour of creating the car boot thread this week.

Morning boot was big, big, big today but I only whizzed round it quickly and picked up a few Playstation games and some Star Wars lego B)

Turned down a nice boxed C64, a SNES and Mega Drive as there is no more space in the flat :lol:

Right chaps...you know what to do...!

Picked up NES Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles for £1. Nothing pre-PS1 except for a NES with everything I already have, and an unboxed SNES with unboxed LttP and NBA, but also something interesting...

Infrared SNES controllers. He said they were rare (my face was :lol:) but I'm not sure. Do you guys know anything about these things rarity or value?

Went to one today, got the following few bits...

SNES in carry case with 8 average games -£7

Ghost House Sega Card -Boxed - £2

Bomberman World PS1 - 50p

Tetris Worlds XBOX -£3

Wario Land 3 - £1.50

Atari Lynx 1 in carry case with 6 games, battery pack and car adaptor - £10

From Gamestation...

Boxed and complete Kolibri for 32X - £9.99

Car booting was a waste of time yet again. Saw an original game boy with tetris £15. A few sports PS1 games for £5 each. A psone with a couple of shit games for.... £40!!!!

The best of the lot. A really nice condition ZX Spectrum with box polys and about 10 games. I was really excited and asked how much and got this reply:

"Well one of these with no games went for £55 on ebay last night so I'm looking for £50 but I'll be open to offers later on if it's still here". I wished her luck and moved on.

Why do so many people now expect ebay prices? I feel like explaining the cost of ebay, risk of not getting the price you want, listing/postage hassle etc, etc, etc.

N64 with two official, good condition controllers, expansion pack, memory card and 9 games for £15

Megadrive with 7 games for £5

Luigi's Mansion for £4

Grim Fandango for £2

And a beautiful boxed set of the game Go for 50p :lol:

Infrared SNES controllers. He said they were rare (my face was :lol:) but I'm not sure. Do you guys know anything about these things rarity or value?

I remember my mate having a set of these very similar to these (about 1/3 way down). I'm pretty certain the one he had was a bit bigger with a more bulbous to (where the transmitter would be) and maybe had auto-fire controls. Hmmm....

Boxed Game Gear with about 25 games, most boxed with instructions - £20

Unboxed N64 w/ 2 official pads and 9 unboxed games (including Mario Kart) - £6

Unboxed Sega Master System II w/ 2 official pads \ Unboxed Commodore 64, Joysticks, 2 big instruction manuals and about 25 games \ Top Gun Handheld (Konami on the front) | Jungler Desk Top Arcade Game (Konami) - £5 the lot (there was some other random things in the box too)

Boxed Final Fantasy IIX for PC (with official mouse mat! Hurrah!) and Official Strategy Guide - £4

Banjo Kazooie, IIS98 (both PAL, Boxed and Complete) (couldnt resist after the topic on here about it!) and Abe's Exoddus (PS1) - £5

Oddworld Abe's Odessey (Boxed, Complete, PS1) - 50p

Sold a set last year for over £20...
Also a Super Gameboy was with the SNES, but as far as I know these aren't worth much more than £5.
Worth about £1-£3 as far as I know...

Back now (after hooking up with the usual forum legends). Not much out there, and missed out on a lovely SNES lot - loads of very nice boxed games (Indiana Jones, Donkey Kong Country 3, all the Star Wars titles, Arkanoid) for £15. Booo. Still, the guy who picked them up seemed amiable enough, so I don't begrudge him. Much.

Anyway, picked up the following...

GameBoy Colour (Pikachu edition) in case - screen in frankly brilliant condition - £5

F1 Career Challenge - PS2 - £2, fuelled by this weekend's Grand Prix!

Rival Schools, Soulblade, Destruction Derby 2, Ace Combat 3, Parappa the Rapper and Command & Conquer Retaliation - all in at least very good nick - between 50p and £2.50 each.

Chemical Brothers 2xCD best of collection - £2.

Total spend was £16 - and CBK bought me an ice cream! Bless!

Well what a funny little booting day it turned out to be! Picked up the girlfriend, headed off to the beach, saw a sign that said 'Car Boot Sale', had a look and did quite well! :unsure:

Will post pix once got it unpacked.

Snap - I got 4 myself this morning... The seller had what looked like their entire collection at suicide prices - walked off with all the good ones for £10 the lot.

Got to love Star Wars lego. I have been seeing a bit of it recently.

First time out for me in a few weeks, not a bad day - first yesterday's shopping:

4 x NES classics for GBA for £20 (Gamestation)

Bomberman Max + Metal Slug Advance - £20 pair (Gamestation)

Onto the booting finds:

- Silver GBA + carry case + Sonic Advance £10

- Pokemon Silver, Blue, Yellow £8 all in

- Boxed Mario Allstars SNES console +2 games - £5

- Absolute mint boxed late edition Mario AllStars/MarioWorld SNES console + 5 games - £10 (picked up by a fellow booting mate for me)

- Donkey Kong 64 + expansion pak + tool (!) + Prima Guide - £10

- Fifa Street PS2 - £3.50 (for resale)

- 3 different coloured N64 pads - £1 each

- Boxed Megadrive 1 - £2

- Ps1 Broken Sword 2 - £1

Few other bits of little interest, although best part of the whole day was when a notable local CD collector/dealer picked a pile of CDs up and actually put down once of the most collectable CD compilations I know of...I dived in, bought it and was then approached by another CD dealer who wanted to negotiate a price, pleading with me to let him hold it :D Surreal moment for 6.30 of a Sunday morning.

No walkie talkie family today, hurrah!

Magicaldrop

Stopped off with Rat Boy on the way back from a Mookismo meet having finally lost Pickle who was following us, and then stumbled on the boot fair we'd spent an hour searching for.

managed a Gameboy Colour, carry case, 2x pokemon games, Tarzan, Warioland 2 and some other game, plus Super Wrestlemania on the Megadrive, for £12.

probably could have haggled but was hungover, and I haven't have a GBC before...

My first boot sale since I was a nipper. Overpaid for a boxed NES, lightgun and 10 games - the guy wouldn't go any lower than £20, which was OK but I don't think it classes as a bargain, especially as there were a few doubles in there.

Got a MDII with a shedload of games - Dynamite Headdy, SF2CE, EA Sports double pack, Desert Strike, Micro Machines and a few others - for £12.50.

Got home and the NES wouldn't power up. :) Changed the fuse, no joy. Digged out my SNES PSU and it worked fine. :(

The MD powers up but there's no signal - I vaguely remember the RF unit for my old MD2 didn't last very long, so I presume that's what it is, though it's crossed my mind that it could be an internal problem rather than the cable itself. There's a black screen when it powers on, no sound, no nothing. Had a look on ebay and it seems MD2 RF cables cost almost as much as the console itself. So if anyone has any spare... :blink:

The MD powers up but there's no signal - I vaguely remember the RF unit for my old MD2 didn't last very long, so I presume that's what it is, though it's crossed my mind that it could be an internal problem rather than the cable itself. There's a black screen when it powers on, no sound, no nothing. Had a look on ebay and it seems MD2 RF cables cost almost as much as the console itself. So if anyone has any spare...  :)

blow the cartridge slot and the cartridge as hard as you can and keep trying until it works. it will work! unless your rf lead actually is broken, of course :(

i've never actually seen a broken megadrive, only ones which haven't been blown on enough!

Took a deep breath, blew as hard as I can.

I HAVE A PICTURE ;)

Oh.

There's no sound though.

Oh.

None of the three controllers are working.

Oh.

sassenfrassenrassenstupidfuckenbootsalewench

(Yes, I have tried blowing :D )