IGNORED

What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

Old Dear's Menu

34 minutes ago, Festoon said:

I genuinely had never seen this and still can't quite believe it. And no, it's not the costumes that's the issue.

I don't know, the peekaboo armpits are quite upsetting.

Kosmischer Läufer: The Secret Cosmic Music of the East German Olympic Program 1972 – 83 is a collection of albums of electronic music in the Krautrock style, supposedly composed by the East German composer Martin Zeichnete as workout music for the GDR's athletes. Some sources have attributed it not to Zeichnete, who they suspect to be fictional, but to the Edinburgh-based musician Drew McFadyen, using the persona of Zeichnete as an alias.

Tremendous stuff

This is the only John Holt song I have on my phone and it comes up on shuffle maybe once a year and each time I think I need to get some more of his stuff. Maybe this time I'll remember.

On 26/05/2022 at 07:51, Nathan Wind said:

It's a great track, and my favourite Puscifer album

Just to revisit this, I think I might agree. It's one of those albums that I really struggled with at first, but it has just grown and grown on me. I wouldn't like it now if my MP3 player didn't "fall  through" from one album to the next, so at work whenever I played V is for... (which I love for it's sass) it would carry on and play Money Shot next, and I'd usually be too busy to stop it to choose something else. But I love it now. I find that with music - the harder it is to get into something, the more I like it when I do. And albums that I bought because I fell for songs instantly often don't get played again a few years later.

Back on topic - Rob Dickinson (from Catherine Wheel) doing one of their old songs. (That album - Fresh Wine For The Horses is an absolute belter by the way):

On 31/05/2022 at 12:52, Festoon said:

I genuinely had never seen this and still can't quite believe it. And no, it's not the costumes that's the issue.

Isn't that actually The KLF?

Had this on today, playing along on my bass too

I am literally mid-shave. Half of my face is coated in shaving soap, but this song came on, and I wanted to share this band which no-one I've met has ever heard of. So try this out:

I accidentally chose the wrong album by And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead (I usually just play Source Tags & Code) , and rediscovered this, which maybe takes time to become properly ace: