IGNORED

What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

Old Dear's Menu

Found a pretty nice video game-musicy Pizzicato 5 song on youtube called 'catwalk' and then found a St Etienne remix of it, double sweet :)

Here's the original P5 song which could have come straight from P4 funnily enough

Remix: 

Real finger on the pulse as usual, but I've gotten back into Haru Nemuri just in time to have swapped Spotify for Tidal, where her albums ain't, so instead listening through my Bandcamp copiess, and have fully registered just how fucking good Narashite is:

On 01/02/2022 at 12:42, Wiper said:

Real finger on the pulse as usual, but I've gotten back into Haru Nemuri just in time to have swapped Spotify for Tidal, where her albums ain't, so instead listening through my Bandcamp copiess, and have fully registered just how fucking good Narashite is:

There is something in the way the Japanese record guitars that I just love the sound of. Cornelius did it with his stuff too

8 hours ago, englishbob said:

There is something in the way the Japanese record guitars that I just love the sound of. Cornelius did it with his stuff too

Super clear. Super separated. Not blended in the mix.

I hadn't listened to Pallett's latest album, and it turns out that was a mistake. As with most of their work, the album works best as, well, an album, but A Bloody Morning works brilliantly even on its own; the first song of theirs I've found to really stand out in that way since This Is The Dream Of Win and Regine.

(obviously, if you don't enjoy their style of music, this won't convert you)

Tom Verlaine by The Family Cat.   

I loved this song as a teenager and I was beginning to think I'd made it up because I couldn't find it anywhere online.  I found it tonight on Apple Music while I was looking for See No Evil by Television.

Criminally underappreciated at the time.

Tiger - She's OK. Fucking magnificent!

Except I can't find it.

WTF! I've never not been able to find a video for a song before. OK - here's a link to the full album. If it starts midway through you'll hit the song I was playing very shortly. But just rewind and play the whole thing - it's ace.