Old Dear's Menu

What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

Fucking love this version of Wrote for Luck. Fun fact, I canoodled with the blonde girl giving it loads behind Shaun in the vid. Ecstasy for yer.

• Upvote 1

Believe it or not but at a very tender age I knew who Kool Herc was and was so into Hip Hop I'd carry a roll of lino around in 84. But this video is that time in one for me, whether it's the video of kids in the Bronx or the vocoder I fucking grabbed the whole Electro vibe. We could never be a Bronx crew but kids and lads in shitty parts of Liverpool certainly resonated with the music. 

More Bambaataa goodness.

download.jpg

71uF+FI5gSL._SX385_.jpg

Remember?

P.s my mate had a JVC that would fucking cause ructions on Ebay. Ridiculous time.

• Upvote 3

I got stick for liking this but it was so off the wall I fucking loved it. Spew the haters. Art of Noise first or later, will need to check.

EDIT*Fight.

EDIT* Fuck me I was drunk last night, don't remember posting these.

• Upvote 1

On 02/04/2018 at 20:36, amc said:

Fucking love this version of Wrote for Luck. Fun fact, I canoodled with the blonde girl giving it loads behind Shaun in the vid. Ecstasy for yer.

Awesome remix that one. I'm currently loving Little Boots new EP, the last track River is superb.

amc, was the same in London, or where I grew up at least. Breaking on the shiny floors in school, cardboard/lino on the street, Streetsounds Electro tapes, graffiti, the lot.

Anyway...