IGNORED

Rate Your Partner Out Of Ten.

Blue

3 pages in and no rabid shmup-fan girls? I guess they just don't exist. *sob*

My ex-girlfriend would get a 4/10 on the gaming front - played some with me occasionally and but generally thought I was far too 'into' games, as most of yours do, from the sound of it!

My girlfriend likes games like Lumines and Zookeeper and she's quite fond of most DS games. Finished Mario World on the SP.

Yep, mine's got similar gaming tastes. I was so proud when she achieved 96 levels on Super Mario World (Yoshi is referred to as the 'horse').

She's also an absolute legend at all the Puzzle Bobble games and more often than not can be found in an arcade playing House of the Dead 3 and Outrun2.

0 only buys games which are popular tv/cartoon franchises and made for kids thus are poorly made then gets frustrated about the bad level design. Showed her bubble bobble and she died twice and said she nearly smashed the psone to bits, showed her umihara kawase shun and she called it Japanese rubbish and didnt want to know.

DUMPAGE!

One thing that interests me is just how popular the DS seems to be with women. I know nintendo have been actively pursuing traditional non-gamers, but on the basis of this thread it does seem to be paying off. It seems quite a few women would actually like their own DS, although it takes playing with their partner's before the realise that.

I've just rumbled my g'f playing Minish Cap, which is supposed to be being saved until we go away.

On the one hand:

11/10

He loves games as much as I do.

On the other hand:

5/10

He doesn't like the SAME games I do.

I don't think we've ever found a game we can agree on, save Mario Kart 64, which I only just recently persuaded him to try. He hated everything and anything Nintendo, and I have a long-running prejudice against self-satisfied PC gamers, so really we have nothing much in common on that front. We both like Paper Mario. I LOVE Zelda, and he hates it. He loves Halo, I can't stand it. Nevertheless, it makes for some awesome arguments.

Right, dear? ;)

If it wasn't for the regular sex she'd be dumped in the face.

That's very understanding of you letting her go to someone else to fulfill her needs ;)

I think my missus also falls into the support role when it comes to games, she doesen't like playing them but understands why I love them so much even though I have to banter extra time on games. I'm just thankfull for all of the rubbish soaps on TV, means I can get some game time in! Although I'm very close to getting her to try Battlefield 2 on the PC... but she says the whole keyboard/mouse thing confuses her.

Ah well 5/10 on the games front.

I think my missus also falls into the support role when it comes to games, she doesen't like playing them but understands why I love them so much even though I have to banter extra time on games.  I'm just thankfull for all of the rubbish soaps on TV, means I can get some game time in!  Although I'm very close to getting her to try Battlefield 2 on the PC... but she says the whole keyboard/mouse thing confuses her.

Get a game that involves less buttons. Get her a gamecube and super monkey ball and she'll love it. Or better yet, animal crossing.

My Wife, she's an odd bird. She LOVED the DC (bless!!), wasn't too keen on the GC and tolorates the Xbox. Doesn't tend to play games much at all, but she's a dab hand at THPS. Also in her defence, she always encourages me to buy the new consoles, so a 360 will be mine soooon..

My Wife, she's an odd bird. She LOVED the DC (bless!!), wasn't too keen on the GC and tolorates the Xbox. Doesn't tend to play games much at all, but she's a dab hand at THPS. Also in her defence, she always encourages me to buy the new consoles, so a 360 will be mine soooon..

It's a fairly simple system.... ?/10. j/k ;)

10/10 for sure. She's a big fan of stuff like Monkey Ball, Singstar and enjoyed watching me play RE4. She's also a big fan of Impossible Mission on the C64 emulator. Has no problem letting me hog the TV to play games and even bought me Half Life 2 for my birthday.

She's also finished Morrowind & the expansion pack.

She's a star! ;)

My bird hates videogames and think they're for anti-social losers.

She likes the harmonica in Wario Ware Touched! though.

10/10

She told me you were a 10/10 because your member was almost identical in size to a DS stylus, perfect for foreplay Wario Waring. ;)

My ex was a 2/10, she played my DS every now and then, that's it. My new one however, has been a gamer her whole life- she has an Xbox, Gamecube and soon a pink DS. I never thought women were *actually* into games, but to have a girlfriend who games is great, always somebody to play against!

Also, she is actually better at Outrun2SP then me  :wub:

Post pix of her doing the Haribo pose

Oh... :ph34r:

Yeah, not too weird is it, ask her to do the "you" pose

QUOTE(outlash @ Jul 6 2005, 05:16 PM)

It's a fairly simple system.... ?/10. j/k 

If I have to give her a number, I'd say it'd be a 4. Because she knows a good game, but never bothers to play them :lol:

I'm not sure how to rate it.

As a gamesplayer herself, it'd be a five or so. She loves LucasArts adventures and strategy titles, and can get to grips with simper games such as Wario Ware that don't require complex controls. But when it comes to any action game, she's unwilling to really participate.

Having said that, she used to enjoy playing Tenchu 3 with me, she likes Tekken (partly because she can button bash), and she's always up for some early arcade games. And just last night she commented that she wished she knew how to play games with complex controls because "they look fun".

As a partner, however, it's definitely a 9. She understands that I love gaming, she has offered to help me build an arcade MAME cabinet, she bought me an SP for Christmas 18 months ago and accepts that my three consoles under the television (which I'm allowed to hog on a nightly basis) aren't enough.

She just loses the one mark for trying to equate my love of gaming with her love of shoes. That's just crazy talk.

She hasn't liked anything since Aqua Aqua (she still has the high score on that), but she doesn't mind me playing, or buying stuff and the 3 consoles under the TV (and the mess of cables behind it) aren't a problem.

So as a gamer, not much (2/10), but as a tolerant partner 10/10.

A score? I'd say maybe 4 or 5. She moans a little when I buy games, and never gives me a chance to play them, basically if I'm in a situation where I can see her, I must see her, if I said "no I want to play a game", even if I put it real nice, she'd dump my ass. I only ever get to play when she's busy, or when I go "*yawn*, I'm tired, work tomorrow, I must go home and sleep" then go home and play games for a couple of hours instead.

I'm determined to get her playing games, the problem is getting her to even try. She tried Ridge Racer on the PSP and enjoyed it but gave up after two races because she "doesn't like competition". She also tried Halo (she saw me kicking my mates arses and must've thought the skills would transfer because she was sat on my knee) and 20 minutes later she still couldn't walk forward without looking at the floor.

The main problem is analog sticks, she just can't move them small amounts, it's all or nothing. Anyone had and overcome this problem? I remember thinking they were weird when I used a Nintendo 64 pad, but I swear I wasn't as bad as she is.

I'm determined to get her playing games

A noble sentiment, good luck.

"doesn't like competition".

Oh. That's never a good sign in a woman as it relates to letting you get involved in any sport or games playing, as time goes by.

20 minutes later she still couldn't walk forward without looking at the floor.

Have to say.....it's not looking good. Nah, she'll have to go. :(

Have to say.....it's not looking good. Nah, she'll have to go. :(

Heh, well I'm off to the local uni in september and so are two people I know online, one of which is taking some mates with him, so we'll be having regular gaming nights.

As for getting her gaming, she does say sometimes that she used to play amiga games, and she doesn't want to start playing because she gets too addicted. So if I can get her started she may take care of the rest herself. Plus this will be the last year for her at uni, so after that she'll have more free time, woo.

I bought my (now ex \o/) fionce an xbox for our first xmas together, which i thought she was going to do quite well with until she ended up buying games like Tetris Worlds, Blinx 1 & 2 and various rubbish. I even tried to ease her into driving games with NFS:U 1 & 2, which she enjoyed, until she hit the final stages where she got so fustrated and pissed off that she broke her pad throwing it on the floor in a huff :angry:.

She did however pay half of my Jap PSP last December for my xmas pressy, and she also had a fetish with Super Puzzle Fighter 2 on the GBA, until she completed everything (including ALL the bonuses and unlockables that I thought would be pretty much impossible!)

And she tollerated how much I spent on my various systems and even how much time I spent in WoW.

But now shes gone and I'm free :lol:

+free time

-nagging

win/win tbh.