IGNORED

Rate Your Partner Out Of Ten.

Blue

My 'long-term partner' - or 'girlfriend' - Tanya is absolutely brilliant really.

On the gaming front:

+ She plays Monkey Ball, Ape Escape, Bust-a-Move, Project Gotham, Burnout, Donkey Konga, Next Tetris, Yoshi Touch & Go, Zoo Keeper, Mr Driller, Mario Party, Sonic, Parappa, Wario Ware and more. She has even dabbled with PSone PES!

+ She's really looking forward to Nintendogs

+ She bought me Animal Crossing on import with Freeloader for my birthday two years ago

+ She bought me Ape Escape 2 (at full price) out of the blue as a random present when I was skint

+ She bought me my 5.1 surround system for my 32nd birthday

+ She's just bought me Samba De Amigo, Samba Ver 2000 AND two sets of maracas for my 33rd birthday

+ She would never even consider criticising me for time and/or money spent on gaming

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

- She doesn't always realise that I can't always just pause a game and stop because she needs me to get rid of a spider or something

- She still doesn't quite appreciate that being 'in the zone' means that I'm not keen at that point to converse about trivial 'real world' matters

- She's not interested in 'realistic' serious action stuff

- She doesn't like to watch me play games

She also enjoys music, films and football (we go to watch Brighton together as well as England and Premiership games in the pub all the time), is very intelligent, over ten years younger than me (I'm 33 she's 22) and is genuinely stunning to boot. 9/10 as a gaming partner and 11/10 as a bird.

I guess you could say that I'm pretty lucky really.

;)

I've lost my GF to EVE:Online

She beat my score on her first attempt at LA Machineguns at the trocadero

10/10*

*Leaves me with more time for consoles on the telly, and servers in the spare room, right?

9/10. Completed OOT and Half Life, Level 42 on WoW, has worked in games, can kick my arse at most rythym action games & beat Typing of the Dead pretty much at the first attempt.

Loses a point for refusing to persevere with Majora's Mask :)

7/10 - Lent her my Gamecube and got her hooked on Animal Crossing and Paper Mario. Slowly turning her into a Nintendo Fangirl :lol:. Loses points on not liking old Lucas Arts adventure games or Dungeon Keeper and she makes me play co-op with her on some games and then goes all huffy when i shout at heer :)

I'd have to rate my missus as a 10/10. (Ooooh errr)

She's not really interested in games, but has no problem in me buying them, then spending hours playing them. Even when I teach our 3yro daughter to play Forza.

Having said that, when a game does interest her, she absolutely kicks my arse. She's the best at Monkey Target ever. (Can't remember her score). Any driving game with a steering wheel she wins, and has been known to play crappy Spyro the dragon for 6 hours straight.

But then being a gaming addict doesn't actually mean being any good at them.

Question: Was this her profile for KOTOR then ?

kotor-dark.jpg

Nope, that's mine -- it's my daughter's name, I like being girls in games :lol: I used Beth's save for the Wind Waker ending though as I couldn't find the memory card with mine on (which would have been nice 'cos I did it with the regular suit on, his starting stuff from a second run through the game).

She's registered here too, posts in the online bit. That make it a defo. 8 :)

My girlfriend is more understanding than cool about games. I have to negotiate time playng games and time spent with her...but that's understandable. I've seen people get the balance wrong and lose their girlfriend (as well as being horrified when I saw them being ignored). I learnt fast that the sooner you offer to stop playing the more they'll let you play (it can backfire but rarely).

She'll happily play Monkey Ball or a driving game with me once in a while. I know she likes her puzzle games too (Myst, cards, etc). She'll not watch me play games though. And who can blame her. I don't like spectating either. To be fair, all games are very boring to watch.

It's a game design problem. All of the bits inbetween the storytelling are just filler but this filler is the actual game. So yeah, KOTOR has a good storyline and I enjoyed it, but I couldn't sit through someone killing some more creatures to get their XP up. Until that is fixed I'd rather watch a film with her and a lot of girlfriends will demand more time with you away from the joypad.

Yeah, pretty good. She is now (as of this morning, actually) the proud owner of a pink DS fresh in from Japan. And then in our first multiplayer meteos she whipped me. As she did in the second and the third games as well :-(

Anyway, she's also just finishing OoT - made it through the water level with no problems whatsoever. And she's quite happy just chilling out reading etc when I'm playing games, provided she gets to spend some time on the console as well.

My gf has completed OoT, Wind waker, all the monkey islands and silent hills and will play pretty much anything. Also she is a pretty mean street fighter player, although I'm dissapointed as I didn't train her up to be a Ken player.

She bought me my ps2 and gamecube and mentioned to me how much she enjoyed just sitting at home and playing games all last weekend, 10/10. But I do love shopping to.

My girlfriend likes games like Lumines and Zookeeper and she's quite fond of most DS games. Finished Mario World on the SP. She also likes all those stupid patience-clones on Windows. She plays a lot of Go online. However, she's not into 3D games or more complex stuff. But she bought me an Xbox and DS and doesn't moan about my hobby much. 6/10 then: 5/10 for being an average female gamer, and a bonuspoint for giving me consoles and not whining too much.

Hmm, difficult one this.

On the one hand, she berates me for spending the money I do on gaming, and hates that I have multiple consoles and one of the rooms in our house is dedicated to gaming.

On the other hand though, since I got Zookeeper for the DS, she only stops playing it to make me play and beat her score, so she can then annihilate(?) me again.

As well as this, she was talking today about possibly picking a DS up, so we could compete on Zookeeper, which made me do a bit of a sex wee. :D

5/10

My daughters name is Sophie as well... most cool name  :D

Puts them in danger of unwanted attention from me when they get a bit older though, as I have a bit of a fetish for girls called Sophie.

The girl I have recently started seeing - well, she asked me the night we met if I like computer games, which got a fairly non-committal "some of them" type answer from me (playing it cool you see.. I'm sure most of you would have immediately started frothing at the mouth and blathering about your addiction to Saturn shooters or Japanese dating sims) Then a little while later she looked a bit surprised when I said I have a gamecube, Ps2 and Xbox, so I assumed she thought this was a bit weird.

Then a bit later she asked if I play games on my PC as well, which made me think she might be a bit of a geek at heart - if she is at least aware that some people play console games and some people play PC games, and some just use their pc for work/ interwebbing.

Then she started talking about Grand Theft Auto, only what she was really talking about was Gran Turismo, but she seemed pretty keen. I'm guessing a 5 at the moment but she might be hiding the full extent of her geekiness from me (much as I am from her) at the moment, until we run out of cool stuff to talk about.

My wife has no interest in gaming at all and thinks I'm crazy for spending money on it. She's of the mindset that can't understand why you would need more than one console or more than one game.

Mind you her hobby is running and I've no interest in running 26.2 miles every other month, and the constant training that requires. It's good to have some seperate interets in my opinion.

I not only play games but go fell running as well (30 miles + a week). My wife scores 0/10 on both though.

Needless to say both hobbies cause some 'friction'.

i give my gf a 5

she loves wario ware, zoo keeper, ddr, eyetoy

even plays me at king of fighters (AES even!) and capcom vs. snk a few times

she doesnt' mind me playing games, so long as my attention isnt diverted tooo much

which is fair enough IMO

If you asked pre DS xmas it would have been 3/10 due to her love for Burnout 3 and Super Monkey Ball.

Since the DS arrived Xmas time it was up to 6/10 due to her beating me on all the Mario Minigames and even topping the high score table on some of the games on this here forum. I wont even mention her highscores on Warioware Touched :D

edited to mention her love for beating the Bongos too.

My gf is an AC addict, which gives her a 10 or a 0 depending on how much you like your gf flicking back to the GC as soon as the adverts start during any given TV show.

No doubt she'll be up at 6am every day soon for early morning aerobics.

Good lord is she still playing,I can recall you first posting about it on here. How on Earth did you manage to finish RE4 with her hogging the GC so much :D