IGNORED

Retrogamer - Vol 2 - Issue 6

Goose

I'm certain that when I checked about two months ago, the subscription price for the magazine was exactly twelve times the cover price, down to the last penny.

Has this changed?  If so, I might be tempted, as the magazine can be ridiculously difficult to find in the shops sometimes.

The offers change fairly regularly. As far as I'm aware subscribing has always been cheaper than buying it in the shops, even when getting a gift. For example, the current subs offer is 12 issues of the mag plus a C64 joystick, for £59.88 - which works out at £12 cheaper than the shop price, plus you get the stick and free P&P.

The offers change fairly regularly. As far as I'm aware subscribing has always been cheaper than buying it in the shops, even when getting a gift. For example, the current subs offer is 12 issues of the mag plus a C64 joystick, for £59.88 - which works out at £12 cheaper than the shop price, plus you get the stick and free P&P.

for non uk subscribers the deal is less fun though :) will we be getting an new offer automagically too, didn't get one with my first renewel.

I picked up this month's issue. Only the third I've bought, following the first issue (now eBayed, naturally) and the Anthology. Will there be an anthology every year? I hope so, as I enjoyed this month's yet I can't allow myself to spend £6 on it per month. Even so, I liked it, especially the Robocop article; I owned and enjoyed the NES version as a nipper, but now I can see it was the runt of the litter.

I've had to throw away a load of old magazines due to space recently - including every Arcade issue. Burning a huge pile of magazines was more fun than making a small profit on eBay, but I'll miss them. Now I wish someone would make a series of specials, with one issue devoted to each console. For instance, I could have one Dreamcast magazine, covering its (short) life, to replace the thirty-odd Official Dreamcast and DC-UK ones I've just torched. That would be most splendid. Not so much need for a SNES one, though, as I couldn't possible condone burning my Super Play collection.

I picked up this month's issue. Only the third I've bought, following the first issue (now eBayed, naturally) and the Anthology. Will there be an anthology every year? I hope so, as I enjoyed this month's yet I can't allow myself to spend £6 on it per month. Even so, I liked it, especially the Robocop article; I owned and enjoyed the NES version as a nipper, but now I can see it was the runt of the litter.

I've had to throw away a load of old magazines due to space recently - including every Arcade issue. Burning a huge pile of magazines was more fun than making a small profit on eBay, but I'll miss them. Now I wish someone would make a series of specials, with one issue devoted to each console. For instance, I could have one Dreamcast magazine, covering its (short) life, to replace the thirty-odd Official Dreamcast and DC-UK ones I've just torched. That would be most splendid. Not so much need for a SNES one, though, as I couldn't possible condone burning my Super Play collection.

People who burn magazines should be banned from buying any more :blink:

I subscribed as soon as I read issue 2 and was rewarded recently with a subs extension for about £36. Sans gift but I'm not that fussed about the gift.

People who burn magazines should be banned from buying any more -_-

Yep :(

I have loads of Amiga Formats in my loft that I'd really like to GIVE AWAY, but have yet to find someone who wants to take them off my hands.

I've been close to putting them out for recycling, but can't bring myself to do it.

I'm sure there's someone out there who wants this stuff.

Rob

Reminds me of when I took all of my mate's amiga mags off him a few years back - they'd been in his loft unread since the early 90's, just bought for the disks. Lots of lovely mint issues of Amiga Power + Format!

Chucked away all of the CU Amiga mags though, a very dull mag at any time, although I wished I didn't now!

Some of the charity shops in Aberdeen sell mags as well as the usual books.

Not seen any decent gaming stuff in any yet, but maybe I've just missed them. Either way, if you told them their potential they wouldn't just bin them. Even if they did eventually get binned, your conscience would be clear as you'd have at least tried to make them available for others.

I've loads of ST Formats and Edge myself.