You Guys Go Booting 02/03 July

SeanR

What's everyone got?

I got another four Dell servers, including:

Dual PIII-700mhz / 512MB ECC / 9GB SCSI*

Single PIII-700 / 512MB ECC / 9GB SCSI**

Single PIII-700 / 512MB ECC / 9GB SCSI**

Single PIII-700 / 512MB ECC / 9GB SCSI

* I'm going to give this machine to someone I work with cos they couldn't make it to the clear-out themselves, although I am thinking of grabbing the good stuff out of it, I suspect they've already seem the spec sheet for the available machines.

Put it this way, because this was my second time collecting so I couldn't really get the 2 dual 800 machines or the other 3 single PIII-800s with the 18GB SCSI drives in them each, either, could I? I was even gracious enough to put them in the boot of my car and drive them round to their new owners domicile.

** two of the single CPU machines have been combined into

Dual PIII-700mhz / 1GB ECC / 18GB SCSI

and I'm going to see what's left over from the first four machines from 11th June AND my PII-400 / 384MB / 18GB IDE to try and build SOMETHING a leeeetle more powerful. Although I'm finding the lack of an AGP port to be something of a handicap and the idea of something like a PCI GF4 MX4000 still isn't appealing to me...

Anyway, I've had some retro goodness off the forum this last week or so, and booting within the M25, as I always say, is something of a lost cause, cos people think stuff is STILL worth the price they paid for it 5 years ago :rollyeyes.gif:

So c'mon people. Spill...

Ahoy!

Thought I would continue my weekly car boot-a-thon even though I'm back from uni now, and the boot sales aren't familiar to me. Turned out to be a good decision, picked up lots of stuff I never would've thought I'd see at a car boot. Anyhow.....enjoy...

Pocket Pikachu - Unboxed, Needs new battery - £1

Namco Gcon45 - Boxed in good nick - £3

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus - Mint, Complete - £3

M&M's Shell Shock, Inspector Gadget Crazy Maze + Elemental Pinball - Complete - £1 each

Pokemon Mini Puzzle Collection (x2) - Sealed - £1

Pokemon Mini Pinball - Sealed - £1

Pokemon Mini Zany Cards - Sealed - £1

Pokemon Red - Sealed, GB - £1.25

Pokemon Pinball - Sealed GBC - £1.25

Super Mario Super Show - VHS - 50p

A great day for adding to my collections

Passed on a PAL Boxed Goldeneye for £1. Should've got it really as the box was in decent nick. Ahh well.

I got nothing at all this morning apart from an i-cybie. Went to one boot and it was really small.

My Dad got this little lot from a guy at work though for £20...

gb1.jpg

Games are all complete with manuals.

gb2.jpg

Not too bad :P

urghh not that great.

Pokemon Yellow £2

Heart of Darkness and Pandomonium PS1 £3

Some 8GB HD £1

Think that was it.

Some stall set up, and he had a bunch of decent GBA games and that, but a load of immigrant type people barged in and got the goodies. He had some boxed Donkey Kong Mini G&W for £1 and the immigrant bloke said 50p? I had a quid in my hand ready but he let him have it for 50p.

Quite a lot for me today but i only wanted the Speccy <_<

I am open to offers on all of this...

All the Amiga stuff was a fiver and she even came up to me to sell it!! I was looking at a large box of Speccy games (none of which i wanted) and said she'd let me have the 2 large boxes of gaming stuff for a fiver or she'd throw it out. I have no idea about Amiga stuff so i am open to offers on single games or the whole lot. The two Ataris came together for 3 quid and they both work, the Speccy, Electron, PC games and MD games were in 2 boxes from the same bloke for 8 quid and the Atari 600 and Pokemon Stadium were 4 quid for both.

http://philipsphotos.fotopic.net/c601479.html

The two Ataris came together for 3 quid and they both work,

I'd be interested in the Ataris.

First real weekend booting this eyar, and had a late start due to inviting the other half. So didn't expect much.

Managed a fairly good haul though:

Master System 2 with 2 pads and six games: Ninja Gaiden, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World and Wonder Boy in Monster World, Tennis Ace, SOnic Chaos and World Grand Prix

£12.

Two working original Gameboys, plus a carry case. (One missing back panel).

£5

Ridge Racer Type 4 and Jog-con, boxed and near mint:

£5 (Didn't even bother haggling cos I've meant to get one for ages)

Plus a Sonic basketball McDonalds type game for free when I boguth the missus a Cabbage Patch Doll for £4...!

So not a bad day......RatBoy either wasn't in action, or missed a couple there.... <_<;)

Turned down:

Boxed N64 pad: £4.....wouldn't come down any more

Loose NES games inc Excitebike: £3 each.....wouldn't haggle.

A few Megadrives and PS1's that were overpriced, and/or used as doorstops.

Still looking for a woodie Atari, MegaCD and a NeoGeo for £1!!!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous weahter this weekend BUT I am in Bristol on a stag weekend and so it was paintabll and booze in Kickers (RIP) rather than booting! No doubt it will be pouring with rain next weekend when I can actually go <_<

I went off this morning at some stupid hour, I could see the weather getting worse and worse as I got nearer the boot sale.

Although it never rained the threat was always there - hence hardly any sellers came out to play.

rllmuk23.jpg

GAMEBOY

GBA Console boxed, nice condition, transparent blue

Donkey Kong Country, Pokemon Blue, Double Dragon 2, Metroid 2, Tetris, Lego Island 2, Toy Story 2, Magical Racing Tour, Pokemon Gold

- £13.75 the lot, quite pleased with this if I do say so myself!

MASTER SYSTEM Xenon 2 (complete) - 50p

MEGADRIVE Sonic 3D (loose), Sonic & Knuckles (loose) - £1 each

NINTENDO 64

Perfect Dark (boxed/complete)

Battle Tank (boxed/complete)

Destruction Derby (boxed/complete)

Donkey Kong (boxed - no expansion pak)

- £10 the lot

NES

Boxed NES, lovely condition, 3 official pads, one of them is really odd though, never seen that type before, the box is excellent, its still as shiny as when it left the factory <_<

Dr Mario, MegaMan 4, Rainbow Islands, Game Genie (all games were loose) EDIT : SMB3 in the console

DREAMCAST Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue - £6 the lot

PS1 Just 3 fairly average games today - £2 the lot

Got a couple of other things, including as usual some Lego - No Buzz or Woody for me this week...

Regards

CBSK

urghh not that great.

Pokemon Yellow £2

Heart of Darkness and Pandomonium PS1 £3

Some 8GB HD £1

Think that was it.

Some stall set up, and he had a bunch of decent GBA games and that, but a load of immigrant type people barged in and got the goodies. He had some boxed Donkey Kong Mini G&W for £1 and the immigrant bloke said 50p? I had a quid in my hand ready but he let him have it for 50p.

At last! A car-boot mortal! My car-boots are filled with nothing more than old cardigans and ornaments for windowsills and mantelpieces...

Who are these "fruit pickers" you've mentioned a few times before? I don't think I have ever seen them on my various boot sale travels :P

SeanR did you get your PC's OK?

Regards

All's good, however, the machine I'm giving away:

Dual PIII-700mhz / 512MB ECC / 9GB SCSI

has been upgraded to 1GB, and I'm thinking about charging £10 for the upgrade and delivery...

got a dual 600EB that only reads as 2*450s and is now refusing to boot, so got to try one of the three empties to see if they'll take it up the shitter, like I said, all good...

Never mind Mr Pickle, next weekend will be diffrent :lol:

I changed things around this weekend and didn't do to badly, picked up the following -

DSCF0052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/kon...ng/DSCF0051.jpg

Picked up the boxed Sinclair midweek from a bloke at work for £15 (he chucked in a PS1 and a couple of games as well)

Master system games - £5

Commodore 64- £3

Boxed Megadrive and games - £12

Ready to Rumble boxing - £2

Mario Kart, Banjo-Kazooie, Lylat Wars and Solar Jet Man - £15 (from a dealer)

N64 + unboxed games - £5

Dance mat and game - £4.50

Judge Dread and G-Con 45 - £2

Spotted a few other things, including a slimline PS1 for a tenner and a Badger with a huge grin and couple of carrier bags full of goodies :P

Who are these "fruit pickers" you've mentioned a few times before? I don't think I have ever seen them on my various boot sale travels :lol:

SeanR did you get your PC's OK?

Regards

They were about in their hundreds today and every game system they see it's "how mucche". They don't even know what they are. They just ask. Come to my local and I'll introduce you to them if you want.

Some of the laydieezz aren't bad looking actually. :P

server3.jpg

on the left, the dual 700 and 800 servers with 1gb and 640mb respectivly

at the back, under the monitor, the two empty shells

in front of that, the 4 new ones, now reduced to three, including the one I'm selling on.

far right, my old 400, 386mb, 3*6GB IDE...

on the left, the dual 700 and 800 servers with 1gb and 640mb respectivly

at the back, under the monitor, the two empty shells

in front of that, the 4 new ones, now reduced to three, including the one I'm selling on.

far right, my old 400, 386mb, 3*6GB IDE...

Thats really impressive...but what are going to do with them all?

Thats really impressive...but what are going to do with them all?

File Server / Gateway/router/firewall/maybe even a proxy server / Exchange Server / webserver / dedicated UT server (co-located somewhere maybe)

Who knows. I might even SELL them :D

I bet your gf is happy as larry with all that 'junk' lying around.

No, not really, but seeing as they're in the SPARE bedroom it don't matter.

The three "empty" machines are on death row though. I either have to shift them out to a punter, or dump them :unsure:

Who are these "fruit pickers" you've mentioned a few times before? I don't think I have ever seen them on my various boot sale travels ;)

Surely you remember watching when that guy got really excited about finding a playstation steering wheel?

Not a Buzz or Woody in sight...