IGNORED

Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes

cyd charisse

I received a newsletter from Benson's World about their new sale, which, as it happens, is a bit pants, although they do appear to have this strange thing with prices at the moment, where you get an extra 10% off everything when you click on it, for no apparent reason. But I noticed they had Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cheaper than anywhere else: http://www.bensonsworld.co.uk/v2/dvd-9/7000000099154.asp

The packaging looks rather tempting and the extras sound reasonable - you can't go wrong with an audio commentary on this sort of film, surely? But the film's shit, right? And I mean utterly shit in a way that you can't even enjoy on an ironic level, right? I vaguely remember watching it asa child and not being that interested, and then there was, I think, a cartoon series, which I seem to recall being more fun (to a child, at least). And then there was Return of the Killer Tomatoes with George Clooney, which I've never seen. I feel the urge to purchase AOTKT, but curiosity is famous for killing the cat.

And Garbage Pail Kids is coming to DVD soon, too. Isn't it annoying when they release these films and you can't resist buying them for nostalgiac purposes? I'm certain I enjoyed the Garbage Pail Kids movie first time round and the cards were ace. Why must I insist on destroying my childhood memories?

I received a newsletter from Benson's World about their new sale, which, as it happens, is a bit pants, although they do appear to have this strange thing with prices at the moment, where you get an extra 10% off everything when you click on it, for no apparent reason. But I noticed they had Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cheaper than anywhere else: http://www.bensonsworld.co.uk/v2/dvd-9/7000000099154.asp

The packaging looks rather tempting and the extras sound reasonable - you can't go wrong with an audio commentary on this sort of film, surely? But the film's shit, right? And I mean utterly shit in a way that you can't even enjoy on an ironic level, right? I vaguely remember watching it asa child and not being that interested, and then there was, I think, a cartoon series, which I seem to recall being more fun (to a child, at least). And then there was Return of the Killer Tomatoes with George Clooney, which I've never seen. I feel the urge to purchase AOTKT, but curiosity is famous for killing the cat.

And Garbage Pail Kids is coming to DVD soon, too. Isn't it annoying when they release these films and you can't resist buying them for nostalgiac purposes? I'm certain I enjoyed the Garbage Pail Kids movie first time round and the cards were ace. Why must I insist on destroying my childhood memories?

Wasnt killer tomatoes made into a kids series, or did i imagine this whilst drunk?