IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

WTF is this shit? Wenger's in trouble for communicating with the bench last night. Apparently the touchline ban also means he wasn't allowed any communication with the bench whatsoever. They didn't bother to tell him that, though.

I saw that, I was under the impression Arsenal had asked if he could communicate via a third party and that UEFA had either confirmed he could do that or just didn't answer. Either way, UEFA are once again looking rather shambolic.

wait, if he's watching as a fan, and shouting "shoot" everytime they get near the 18yd line, or shouting the name of a player to replace someone who's doing shit, and that player then comes as a sub, is THAT communicating with the bench as well?

MADNESS!

I saw that, I was under the impression Arsenal had asked if he could communicate via a third party and that UEFA had either confirmed he could do that or just didn't answer. Either way, UEFA are once again looking rather shambolic.

Yeah, that's what Sky said. Primorac always sits higher in the stand, away from Arsene doesn't he? So assuming they did ask, it was pretty obvious why.

Yeah, that's what Sky said. Primorac always sits higher in the stand, away from Arsene doesn't he? So assuming they did ask, it was pretty obvious why.

I don't understand though, don't managers on touchline bans always communicate with the bench? I'm sure I've seen them on phones many times before, I don't remember hearing that they couldn't.

Well I have decided to stop being terrified and depressed about the Arsenal today, and instead I'm going to get myself pumped at the prospect of us spending megabucks (by our standards) over the next two weeks. We really need three or four good players, we can afford three or four good players, and so I'm going to believe that we will sign three or four good players by the 31st.

BELIEVE!

Well I have decided to stop being terrified and depressed about the Arsenal today, and instead I'm going to get myself pumped at the prospect of us spending megabucks (by our standards) over the next two weeks. We really need three or four good players, we can afford three or four good players, and so I'm going to believe that we will sign three or four good players by the 31st.

BELIEVE!

:hat:

I bet our main targets are waiting to see if we qualify for the CL. Or not. I'd love us to just fucking go for it and bang bang bang close all our signings in the next few days but I can't see that happening. This window has been as depressing as all the others. You can argue that signings take a long time and all that but it's bollocks.

It's the "close, but no" that's annoying really. If there were no rumours of players coming in it'd be nicer than "Ooh, Mata" followed by Wenger saying "Lol no" when we've clearly got quite close.

Went to the game last night, first time in a while, and it was a bit scary.

Kind of confirmed stuff I've thought all along really, stuff like

The 'keeper is the real deal. I like him more and more every time he plays.

Sagna is Mr reliable and Mr consistency.

Gibbs as first choice left back is a bit of a joke. Maybe he could be good enough one day but definitely too injury prone.

I'm quite liking the TV & Koscielny pairing at the back. Quite worried about that though 'cos maybe AW is too, and a couple of good performances is all he needs to try and convince us/himself that we don't need to bring in any more CB's.

Song is ok I suppose but his dicipline, or lack of, could cost us. He needs some real competition for his place.

Ramsey is a tricky one. I wasn't too impressed with him on the weekend or last night. He doesn't seem to be able to find that little bit of space like Cesc could & he doesn't seem able to find that killer forward pass again like Cesc could. Too many sideways and backwards passes for my liking. I accept this may be a bit harsh on him as comparing him to Cesc is unfair really, plus he's just come back from a year out, he is young and will surely improve.

The fact remains though, he is the replacement for Cesc at the moment. I accept he probably needs time and a run in the team.

Theo. Wow, what can I say? I know he scored but he really doesn't have a football brain. Not sure if or how much he can improve.

Rosicky. If he left this summer I wouldn't have been too upset. However, he's now our most creative midfielder and a must to start while Wilshere is injured. Even in with a shout of playing ahead of Ramsey when Jack is fit again.

Gervinho. Fits right in. Gets into the final 3rd and his brain switches off. Looks to have a lot of potential though and I'm sure after he settles in will be a very usefull player.

Chamakh. What has happened to the player that started last season? Where has he gone? Not much else too add really.

Injury prone LB getting injured, injury prone Djourou coming on, moving our best CB to left back, Djourou getting injured, moving TV back in the middle, bringing on kid who is a RB to play LB was comical.

We need at leat 4 if not 5 players who can play now. Not promising 18 year olds.

Can AW do it? I'm not sure.

If not, we are in for a very mediocre (shit) season.

I bet we are waiting until we qualify for the Champions League before splashing the cash, although on last nights showing we may have trouble qualifying. Even if we do qualify does anyone really think Arsene will spend before the end of August? I mean if we stick with 4-3-3 the starting line up if everyone is fit would be:

Szczesny

SagnaVermaelen Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsey Song Wilshire

Walcott Van Persie Gervinho

which is not bad and with a few games will surely get better. Having said that if anyone gets injured or suspended we have literally no backup options and why when the money is there will he not spend it!!!

I bet we are waiting until we qualify for the Champions League before splashing the cash, although on last nights showing we may have trouble qualifying. Even if we do qualify does anyone really think Arsene will spend before the end of August? I mean if we stick with 4-3-3 the starting line up if everyone is fit would be:

Szczesny

SagnaVermaelen Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsey Song Wilshire

Walcott Van Persie Gervinho

The problem is you're looking at a starting XI that fell way short of going the distance in any meaningful competition last season with three of its better players removed. It won't create enough chances and will concede too many goals, that's practically a certainty. I just have an awful feeling that Wenger isn't pragmatic enough to admit that he's likely to get severe injuries to at least three of his starting lineup and plan accordingly.

The problem is you're looking at a starting XI that fell way short of going the distance in any meaningful competition last season with three of its better players removed. It won't create enough chances and will concede too many goals, that's practically a certainty. I just have an awful feeling that Wenger isn't pragmatic enough to admit that he's likely to get severe injuries to at least three of his starting lineup and plan accordingly.

I think you're confusing me saying that this line up is "not bad and will surely better" with me saying this is the best line up we could hope for and there is no need make any additions. I think that Wenger thinks this is a great line up, I don't. I think it's not bad but not great. There are definitively areas we could improve and with close to 100 million in the bank after the sale of Nasri it seems suicidal not to spend the money. I just don't see it happening this transfer window unfortunately.

And Song is, as expected, banned for the next three league games.

The club should fine him at least a months wages. Did he honestly think none of the dozens of cameras in the ground would pick up his unsubtle stamp? He's a complete bellend.

Samir Nasri moved closer to leaving Arsenal yesterday with comments on what the club believe to be his personal Facebook page announcing that he will "certainly leave very soon", and will do so with "bitterness and anger".

The French midfielder has been close to a move to Manchester City in recent weeks, having refused to sign a new contract at the Emirates.

An announcement written on what Arsenal believe to be his Facebook page suggested that his departure was imminent. "I was very disappointed by the supporters last weekend," he wrote, referring to critical chants aimed at him on Saturday.

"I am still an Arsenal player but I will certainly leave very soon. It's nearly done. But I will leave with bitterness and anger in my heart," the Frenchman added.

Arsenal will be without striker Gervinho for the next three league games, after his suspension was upheld by the FA despite an appeal. He will miss the home game with Liverpool this Saturday, the trip to Old Trafford the following Sunday and then the hosting of Swansea City on September 10.

On Saturday he made his Arsenal debut at Newcastle, but was sent off in the second half for appearing to slap Joey Barton in the face following a confrontation. His dismissal for violent conduct brings a standard three-match ban, which Arsenal appealed as "clearly excessive".

An FA commission heard the claim yesterday and dismissed it, ruling the Ivorian out of the next three games.

His team-mate Alex Song may face a ban of the same length after he was charged for stamping on Barton.

The departures continued at Arsenal yesterday as right-back Emmanuel Eboue left for Turkish side Galatasaray. Eboue signed a four-year contract in Istanbul after the clubs agreed a fee of £3.1m.

Another departure from Arsenal yesterday saw Carlos Vela join Real Sociedad on loan for the season. Vela will be joined in Spain by 21-year-old Brazilian defender Pedro Botelho, who will go on loan to Rayo Vallecano.

A few more injuries/suspensions and we will be the first premier league team to postpone a fixture due to not having enough players. In August.

So basically, next Tuesday will decide our season. If we don't go through -- we can only hope for cast-offs from other teams and if we win, we might, MIGHT snag a world-beater or two (ha!).

We can forget about world beaters. We are not in the market for proper world class players because the club can't afford them. All signing's are made based on potential and in the hope that a few will be sold on for decent money. See what Man City, Man United & Chelsea are doing? We can only look on in envy because we are not in the same league anymore.

We'll just end up signing all the junk that the big spenders don't want or need. Depending on who the club sign this month, I can see a gap forming between the ambitious big spenders and the rest. We were one of the "big 4", this will soon turn unto the "big 3" and we'll just be another team hoping for 4th place. I'm not suggesting we'll slide down the table, but the sheer amount of ambition & resources Man City, Man United & Chelsea have is insane.

Kroenke's net worth is nearly $3bn but he's made to look like a skint pensioner compared to City's owners & Abramovich. We still don't know what Silent Stan is up to. We still don't know what he plans to do with the club and as the major shareholder you'd think he'd want to protect his investment by stumping up some cash, but where is he?

I really ought to change my name to PissedOffGooner.

Kroenke's net worth is nearly $3bn but he's made to look like a skint pensioner compared to City's owners & Abramovich. We still don't know what Silent Stan is up to. We still don't know what he plans to do with the club and as the major shareholder you'd think he'd want to protect his investment by stumping up some cash, but where is he?

I was thinking about this last night and one of the only things that will stop me going to Arsenal is if Kroenke starts taking money out of the club as dividends or something. I don't think he has done that with his other sports clubs (ugh "franchises") but if he does that here, or moves money to other clubs then, in the words of Dragons Den, i'm out. Fuck spending my money to make a rich man richer. I am coming to terms with being shit but fuck that.

What about this Financial Sustainability test that was mentioned a lot last season. Could that hit City or Chelsea?

Well yes in theory but Man City continue to spend money like a drunk at the bar. Plus they have just got £400m (sneaky edit) from the completely-in-no-way-related Etihad for their sponsorship of their stadium and shirts and to build a five-a-side pitch next to their stadium or something.

Chelsea have been relatively restrained recently compared to past behaviour. If you ignore the £75m they spent in January.

Come on mate, chin up.

Well it's all relative. 4th in the premier league might be a bit harsh to describe as shit but "not as good as we used to be or as the other three teams above us" seemed a bit wordy so I just went for the short version :)