IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

Interesting..

ARSENAL have run the risk of antagonising Ashley Cole even further by rejecting a £16 million bid from Chelsea for the England defender.

After months of speculation over Cole’s future, the clubs have finally entered into negotiations, with Arsenal turning down the opening offer but indicating that they would do business if the fee reached £25 million. Chelsea are confident of getting their man, with Arsenal’s stance most likely to infuriate the player.

Arsenal’s valuation may surprise and annoy Cole, who shook hands on an agreement that he could leave for £15 million this summer before signing a contract extension 12 months ago, a secret deal revealed by The Times in April.

You could see it as a statement of intent, ie we want to keep him. But it must me to wring as much cash out of Chelsea as possible. The £15m buy out clause was never formalised :rolleyes: .

I hope that fucker gets so angry he has a heart attack.

Let's screw every single penny we can out of them. He's our most valuable, available asset at the moment and if he doesn't go to Chelsea someone else will take him. We're in the driving seat here, so I fully expect us to get well over £20m for him. Let the ungrateful tosser sweat it out.

Apparently we want Gallas as part of the exchange which would be good business, but they don't want him to go to Arsenal, which is pretty fucking rich.

Let's screw every single penny we can out of them. He's our most valuable, available asset at the moment and if he doesn't go to Chelsea someone else will take him. We're in the driving seat here, so I fully expect us to get well over £20m for him. Let the ungrateful tosser sweat it out.

Apparently we want Gallas as part of the exchange which would be good business, but they don't want him to go to Arsenal, which is pretty fucking rich.

LOLZ! Arsenal have the ball in their court - you are right they should take Gallas + lots of cash. If Chelsea don't like it then Cole can stay at Arsenal...OR ROT IN THE RESERVES.

FFS Arsenal turned him into a half decent defender, which he never used to be. He should be bloody grateful - if it wasn't for Wenger then he'd not have got the Tweed either.

What a jumped up little prick that Ashley Cole is.

Yeah, but that was in the Metro...

ps. Do Arsenal NEED to sign Buffon?

It's in most papers today apparently. We could do with Buffon, but it won't happen now. He's committed his future to Juve even though they've gone down. The £13m or whatever would be better spent elsewhere.

Screw Chelsea for every penny.

Bear in mind that Cash has never requested a transfer through all of this. Therefore he will get paid compensation by Arsenal for the remaining year(s). Thats why we need the extra cash.

There is some interesting stuff on the financial restructuring including a pdf of the investor presentation about half way down on this AWIMB thread

LOLZ! Arsenal have the ball in their court - you are right they should take Gallas + lots of cash. If Chelsea don't like it then Cole can stay at Arsenal...OR ROT IN THE RESERVES.

FFS Arsenal turned him into a half decent defender, which he never used to be. He should be bloody grateful - if it wasn't for Wenger then he'd not have got the Tweed either.

What a jumped up little prick that Ashley Cole is.

He's a fucking prick. Some of us will never forgive the little shit for meeting Chelsea behind the clubs backs, but to contest his punishment was ridiculous. His attacks on Arsenal are made to engineer a move away from the club.

I was furious when the club rewarded Cole's 'loyalty' with an improved 3 year contract (an extra £20k-£30k a week for being a disloyal greedy cunt).

If we do have the misfortune to keep Cole I hope he's booed and heckled at every opportunity. We don't need people like him at Arsenal.

I was furious when the club rewarded Cole's 'loyalty' with an improved 3 year contract (an extra £20k-£30k a week for being a disloyal greedy cunt).

He certainly didn't deserve it but to be fair his contract was running out and we could have lost millions.

EDIT: Davies move seems close with West Brom bidding for QPRs Danny Shittu as a replacement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/5215586.stm

Cole's relationship with Arsenal has been strained recently and in promotional material for his new book, the defender criticised the Gunners for making him a "scapegoat" over last year's tapping-up affair with Chelsea.

I don't understand this. Why can't the greedy little cunt just accept he was caught negotiating behind the clubs back?

FFS Arsenal turned him into a half decent defender, which he never used to be. He should be bloody grateful

On form I can think of few better left backs than Ashley Cole though.

Who will take his place? Clichy? Flamini? Two pretty good options to be fair.

On form I can think of few better left backs than Ashley Cole though.

Who will take his place? Clichy? Flamini? Two pretty good options to be fair.

Cole is probably the best left back in the world, happily Clichy is almost every bit as good - although he's out for the next three months I believe.

Screw Chelsea for every penny.

It should be made illegal for Arsenal to accept anything less £30m. With Cheslea always paying over the odds and them buying one of their title rival's best players to improve their side, to not rip them off would just be outright rude.

It should be made illegal for Arsenal to accept anything less £30m. With Cheslea always paying over the odds and them buying one of their title rival's best players to improve their side, to not rip them off would just be outright rude.

High of the five.

Seems lots of CFC fans feel the same. I'm really hoping the whole country gets on his back. Fucking little shit.

To think people complain about foreign imports not having loyalty, the way Cole is hanging his boy hood club out to dry is disgusting. I hope he costs Chelsea the Champion's League and ends up being kicked out by Abramovich to Newcastle for £5 million.